Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feature Request: the ability to loot containers(sacks/cabinets/etc.) while my weapon is equipped.

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by twofoldsilence, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

It would be great if I could loot containers(sacks/cabinets/etc.) while my weapon is equipped just like I can loot destroyed crates/barrels while it's equipped.

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Rather difficult to rummage through debris and search containers while holding a large weapon.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, but you can loot bodies, harvest cotton, and mine ore while your weapon is out.

Personally, I think they should get rid of all in-combat restrictions and just add a (short) loot timer like suggested here which can increase in time for PvP scenarios. I think there was some logic to restricting looting in combat, which was to create scenarios where a player puts himself at risk to loot unless he stealths in. But the mechanics of entering and exiting combat mode are a bit clumsy, and I think the change I've suggested would work a lot better for tbat purpose (as well as for a lot of other purposes ).

Nonetheless, I agree with the OP and it sounds like an oversight.

4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Had it... took it away... had it again.... took it away... Not sure why... but I think having to sheathe your weapon to loot is plain stupid. I wouldn't do it in RL.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I wouldn't mind it, if exiting combat mode didn't sometimes take 10 seconds after putting away your weapon.

mass likes this.
  6. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

In release 50 they let you destroy/loot crates and barrels while holding your weapon. I'm just asking that this is extended to sacks/containers/etc. as well, because it's just as unrealistic that I can destroy a crate while holding my weapon and still manage to loot it too.

Hermetic likes this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't know, I think it would be a lot easier to smash a crate with a sword than to carefully open a sack.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They removed the ability do that months ago, because people were going into dungeon areas, then looting the whole room while being beat upon by a dozen mobs. In particular, the big loot treasure chest. They relented on crates presumably because it was such a pain in the ass, and you still have to walk up to it and pause for a moment to break it. Also, crates have a much shorter range than any other container looting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.