Features you'd like to see in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Folks,

In an attempt to aggregate suggestions for features, could you please reply here with features you'd like to see? I'm hoping for *single line replies* if possible. This will help in integrating your suggestions into a poll or survey. :)

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

2. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Community reward system to prize best artisans: vote your best blacksmith (example) allowing them to receive special tools by Portalarium, to create graphics, better items etc.

3. tahenyb

tahenyb Avatar

Maybe different factors could also play into that like good standing within SOTA

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Lord_Bacon

Lord_Bacon Avatar

Bulk Orders! The best thing in UO =]

derek6665 likes this.
  5. slamelov

slamelov Avatar

I would like:

- A deep story and background, as we can find in Ultima series.
    - Choose and consecuences
    - Deep character development
    - Cooperative gameplay, as P&P RPG
    - Improved art design in the game.
    - Full editor and SDK
    - PVP with penalties. I mean:
    If another player kills you, he will be marked as criminal and a bounty should be offered as reward. This reward will increase with every crime (robbery or assasination), and "WANTED banners" could appear in the main cities. A criminal should not enter at most cities, only criminal cities, and if they enter anyway, should be at night and hidden, if a guard or someone detects him, he could be killed or jailed. Bounty Hunter profession should exist, and they could hunt the criminal and take the reward. A criminal would loose most of his properties if hunted, and his money would used for the reward. May be he could be judged. I like Free PVP, but, with consecuences.
    - Day/night transitions
    - "Live" NPC's, not statics ones as most MMORPG's.

Casteel and Miganarchine like this.
  6. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

Useable items and the ability to decorate your house.

Koldar likes this.
  7. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

@Slamelov: what about a public execution for the owner of the account of the PK?

Time Lord and Miganarchine like this.
  8. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Easier creature looting than UO

9. slamelov

slamelov Avatar

@Lordy

Not sure if it's legal, at least not in every country... but It's ok :D

I know you are being ironic, but... what's the problem with my proposal?. I think that playing as a pkiller has to be difficult, if not, they will ruin the game to new players. A free PVP with penalties, is fun, you have killers, you have bountyhunters... and new players will not pissed easily.

10. Owain

Owain Avatar

I, for one, do not advocate game mechanisms for the control of PKs. Such things as game generated bounties, or instakill guards. I do advocate tools available to players to render Player Justice, and for a return of the UO PK/Anti-PK wars. Remove things like Recall from both PKs and Anti-PKs. Allow the Anti's to be able to track the PKs, and a reciprocal ability for PKs to track Anti's. For everyone in the community that wishes to live in peace, then render your aid and support to your defenders, the groups dedicated to the destruction of the PKs.

This is the fight the Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB) have been waiting for for a decade. If the citizens of New Britannia feel the need for protection from the PK, enlist the aid of the Anti-PK. Don't ask for the blunt instrument of in game restrictions. Mechanisms like that only diminish the game for everyone.

Owain ab Arawn
    Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB)
    http://oracle.the-kgb.com/

11. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I like the idea of selective PK and perhaps could even get behind having story elements require regular ventures into these PvP-flagged areas.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Nice; Please keep it up, folks.

There are a few things that have been mentioned in email/chat:

Colour / Armour Dyes.
    Clouds for the Over-view map that cast shadows.
    "Discoverable" points of interests.
    PvP Opt-out.
    Housing Decay tied to account status, not login or use.

derek6665 likes this.
  13. Osprey

Osprey Avatar

My most enjoyable memories of UO was champ hunting in Fel so i would like to have some simular guild based challenge with pvp risk and high rewards that would be differcult to obtain without a group of players teamed up.

edupa likes this.
  14. Buc Denizen

Buc Denizen Avatar

Farming, raising livestock, gardening.

Now, that probably sounds very mundane to some, but from what I've seen of the plant fans in UO and various other games with 'growing' (as opposed to 'building' or 'gathering') content, there's a genuine interest in being able to maintain a resource or material generating source, especially if the resource/material it yields has a market value or can be used to trade for other goods.

There's also the RP value of running a ranch/farm/market and the usefulness of a resource to directly provide for guild/clan/family/friends etc in some fashion other than just storage access.

15. mr_k_6x

mr_k_6x Avatar

Implementation of an "open-world" Underworld map to match the surface-open-world-map in size. I'm thinking along the lines of the Underworld from Ultima 5. The only way there was through the dungeons or a special waterfall.

16. bainton

bainton Avatar

More like an MMO, if not one entirely, in that player housing placements that allow player run towns. PvP everywhere, similar to in UO. Rune/ports. Player city seiges with the potential to lose player cities and property (maybe have some areas where this can't happen, and some areas where this can happen). Have the default to render all players, not just friends or a select group.

Overall, more like UO and Shadowbane, with some end-game content.

Terran Priest likes this.
  17. TheJefu

TheJefu Avatar

Bardic/Social skills ala SWG (Dancers, Entertainers, Musicians etc). More detail here

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=social-skills-to-heighten-immersion

Zak and Terran Priest like this.
  18. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

scars, tattoos, jewelry, and other body markings. The ability to change the hair style at whim.

19. Fenway

Fenway Avatar

Massive rewards/bounty for capturing or executing high threat player killers (PK's).

20. Owain

Owain Avatar

If there are rewards for capturing or executing PKs, that is something the players can come up with on their own. Not everything has to be supplied by the game. In fact, it is better if it is not, in that we have the flexibility to implement a reward system will always be better than what the devs might think we want.

Time Lord and TemplarAssassin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.