Features you'd like to see in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dienekes

Dienekes Avatar

Death-Knell

3. We're just going to have to disagree on that.
    7. My point on that is that combat in many games is far too gear dependent. I would like to see a return to more skill based combat.
    8. If LB intends to limit PvP the way it seems, griefing shouldn't be an issue.

2. Dienekes

Dienekes Avatar

A stealing skill would be nice, too.

3. XiDragon

XiDragon Avatar

- PVP Everywhere - fully lootable (no Trammel-like places)
    - Rentable vendor space on marketplaces (in addition to vendors in houses)
    - NO Auctionhouse - only selling through vendors
    - Mark Runes (nameable) - to mark places for recall
    - Recall Spell - usable on a marked rune
    - Books (writable)
    - Taming - like in UO
    - Ammunition like reagents for magic and arrows for bows
    - Everything should be drop-able so others can pick it up

4. LordFrench

LordFrench Avatar

I would love to be able to create with a group of friends some kind of
    -Fort off on the main road
    -Maybe a Guild Hall

5. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

Hard core special move physics....
    Can we please see a demonstration on what type of special moves you are building into the mechanics of the game...
    I think we all want to see some hard core bad ass game physics...

6. maleficum

maleficum Avatar

1.Full loot pvp
    2.No trammel like areas
    3.Housing
    4.No insane GEAR.(Balance)
    5.You should be able to farm/craft gear back if you loose it without spending 10283019825019850918 hours ingame.(UO like)

7. Maximusas

Maximusas Avatar

I watched the first part of the RG interview earlier. I like the idea he mentioned of porting the full game to tablets. I would particularly like it to be available on iPad and perhaps other devices. However I believe an iCloud save system is a must in this scenario so you can continue your solo offline game or online multiplayer seamlessly between devices and computers. Other features I'd like to see in the game:
    1. Key ring for all the keys you will pick up on your travels
    2. Customisable weapons and armour to personal tastes
    3. Range of transport - Magic carpet; horses; ships (although based on what've seen of the land I don't see much opportunity for sailing); dragons; moongates
    4. Range of professions: thief, assassin, farmer, fisherman, trader, hunter, blacksmith, Tavern owner, scholar etc.
    5. Fast load times between screens and between map scales
    6. Fast travel time
    7. In game map with sextant
    8. Spell book
    9. a journal
    10. Good backpack storage capacity

8. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Avatar

Bank loan officers to lend you in-game currency. Maybe use your House for collateral or perform labor work to repay the loan.
    PVP arenas where players can bet currency on the outcome of a fight and the winner gets a percentage of the purse.

9. ND3G

ND3G Avatar

An inventory that isn't a jumbled mess.

10. Zuriel

Zuriel Avatar

A dynamic animal population system, that depends on the community to maintain...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=dynamic-animal-population-system-aka-daps

jondavis likes this.
  11. The_Janitor

The_Janitor Avatar

Having a house list, where you can add who can move/take/drop items in your home would be a great addition for guild halls and the like. Perhaps even expand it to where you can choose certain rooms to be restricted, where only you (the house owner) can access those rooms.

Combine these two and you'll have a guild hall where your friends and guild members are allowed inside. Where they can share, take and drop items. But also a few rooms of your own, where not even your friends can take what they want. (Or perhaps not even enter?)

12. tychocat

tychocat Avatar

Concept: Have certain NPC roles that are portrayed part-time by select players. This would require a certain proof of investment by the selected players, but they would get to work an NPC animation by providing their own dialogue. Call these bits non-player actors, maybe for basic local color, like the funny drunk in a bar, or other harmless encounter. Limited in how far they can move, certainly, but I can see some interesting bits if the developers wanted to risk it. Say, in a PVP environment, beef up a fighter spec with some NPC weapons and armor, and let the character roam a town as a cop, with a mission to prevent griefing. I don't have a good vision of this concept, beyond giving some players some roles usually limited to NPCs.

jondavis likes this.
  13. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

Incentive to participate in defense of city/town/village. How about if the city is poorly defended, there is a temporary tax increase to cover damages?

Time Lord and jondavis like this.
  14. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

Strong disincentives to dying. Make dying really hurt, so you really try to avoid it.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Caledor

Caledor Avatar

Hidden stats and no health bars for enemies. One thing that made the fights in Ultima 7 more exciting was the fact that I never knew if I was winning. I think this would be especially good for PVP. Someone could run around with the starting armor, looking like an easy target, but be extremely strong in reality.

16. tychocat

tychocat Avatar

An alignment/reputation system that means something - work up something like a point system where players can earn their reputations to where they can/can't get into some places, can/can't use certain items, can/can't speak to some NPCs. But to make it easy for most players, a middlin' rep will mean they get along with most folks. Have it based on deeds, and let it be dynamic - a player can work themselves up or down, and then back again if they want. I would just say you shouldn't be able to be totally forgiven if you fall from Grace (or recover from the dark side) at the extremes. You only hit the heights (or depths) once.

17. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

An arena specifically for fighting and betting on pets. Enter your pet in a que and then wait for a challenger. Give pets there own talent trees. Make leaderboards. Give pets a variety of commands so that using them involves strategy. Let tamers auction pets here because it makes more sense than selling them on a vendor.

18. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Random conversations/events! Randomness would really add the immersion of the game. A character who always says the same thing destroys reality. Random moods, conversations of characters would really add a deep level of immersion.

19. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Items (weapons mostly) have a history and can become legendary through use. Kill a top level creature and the weapon gets a bit better against those creatures. Do it a lot and it might gain a name. Use it a whole lot more against something else it gets an additional name. Think of weapons that are RL years in the making.

Edit: Added a link to the Reddit AMA about this Question -- cs2501x

"[?]RichardGarriott
    I like the idea, we will consider it!"

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1aztsm/i_am_richard_lord_british_garriott_creator_of_the/c92cgos?context=3

20. steelmax73

steelmax73 Avatar

1 weather to have a effect on sailing
    2 no teleporting fly invisibility in PvP
    3 safe zones from PvP
    4 rental rooms at the inn
    5 no grinding to level
    6 no kill 6 bears bring there pelts quests
    7 wind and water mills
    8 good storys
    9 npc have realistic daily schedules