Features you'd like to see in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strongsquirrel1

Strongsquirrel1 Avatar

I would like to be able to "BUY A DUCK", and through eggs at capture criminals and PKs when they are captured Link to the world map http://images.geeknative.com.s3.amazonaws.com/geeknative.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/map_11_final.jpg

jondavis likes this.
  2. Bioforge

Bioforge Avatar

I would like to see potted plants that you have to grow that you could decorate your house with. I'm not talking about Farmville here. I'm talking about like what was in UO where you could get/find seeds, cross pollinate them with other seeds and create your own species/color/style of plant.

jondavis likes this.
  3. c0epL

c0epL Avatar

I would like to see the implementation of the profession "doctor". Someone who is really focused on the health of the others. Of course players should be able to bandage themselves but just to a certain level. after a long fight they should have to see the doctor for full recovery. or there could be plague which for example reduces certain stats of the infected players until they are healed. the cure could only be found by the players who chose the profession of a doctor. this could be an example of a nice longterm live event.

jondavis likes this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

PvP - love it, like it, hate it.

I have a small outline in a thread started here.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=can-i-build-a-better-pvpmouse-trap

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Enceladus

Enceladus Avatar

swimming, diving, snorkelling, smoking, flying, farming, building, crafting, fishing, hunting, trapping, tanning, carving, digging, mining, selling, buying, fighting, sailing, dancing, laughing, eating, cooking, training, learning, teaching, hording, exploring, loving, washing, repairing, marrying, reproducing...living life.

6. austinbeare

austinbeare Avatar

elves not the midgets but the fair folk

7. austinbeare

austinbeare Avatar

FAIR FOLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. triphex

triphex Avatar

I'd like to see Full loot PVP areas, nothing made the tedium of mining more exciting than the threat of having a full bag and a pk catching you because you got too greedy. In fact, the threat of having your reg bag, and your silver bo staff of vanquishing jacked while fighting easy liches, made an easy lich fight fun. I honestly think the people who vocally decry full loot PVP enjoyed the extra adrenaline it adds to the tedium of simple tasks, though they will never admit it.

9. BorgKitten

BorgKitten Avatar

~I would like to see lots of ways to decorate and personalize one's house
    ~Gardening in one's house as BioForge suggested above
    ~Carpentry so I can build furniture for my house or for building a ship etc.
    ~Some sort of Family tree system
    ~Lots of luxurious outfits
    ~Functional yet appealing armor
    ~Dye for clothing & armor
    ~Musical instruments that gamers can play
    ~Anything that adds charm & interest to the game
    ~Realistic water
    ~Swimming
    ~A fun & simple crafting system

10. BorgKitten

BorgKitten Avatar

~In most MMOs out there, I notice when my character wears a hat, she is usually bald underneath. Please please please find a way to keep hair underneath head gear & hats.

11. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

A 'Hard Core' Game Mode that players can choose:

- has Basic Needs gameplay (hunger, thirst, sleep affecting player attributes)

- has permadeath (non-PK; for PK, players can be fully looted but rendered incapacitated for a short time)

- incorporates permanent non-Core quest failure (i.e. if you fail a quest then you don't get to repeat it ever unless it is a quest that is essential to the Main Questline which gets you from the core game to the expansions or whatever endgame objectives a player might need to achieve)

-regressive/progressive skills (i.e. practice improves skill; disuse reduces skill)

- permanent maiming (i.e. if a limb is crippled by very serious injury then player attributes are affected permanently, e.g. if a sword arm or leg is crippled, it might affect dexterity and/or strength or walk/run speed respectively)

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Piranjade

Piranjade Avatar

Cooking!
    You need the right ingredients, some of which you can try to grow/breed yourself, others you have to find/hunt or purchase, and the right equipment and then you can cook/bake cool stuff to put on the table of your dwelling.

If there is a system of constant nourishment in the game some food stuff could be better than other. (I liked that in Ultima Underworld 1.)

Fishing!
    Yep, I also liked that in Ultima Underworld 1 but would prefer a more complex system, maybe something similar to Breath of Fire IV.

Bath!
    I really, really liked the hot bath in Suikoden II for which you get to gather all kinds of different stuff and decorations from a floating dish with snacks over a rubber duck to a statue of a pissing boy.
    And if you look at how they did it in Suikoden II you'll see that it is completely possible to present it in such a way that even more prude people couldn't object.

13. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Full loot PvP.
    No opt out.,

14. addrox

addrox Avatar

- Housing: PRE PAY tax (vacations RL etc but the cost would be higher etc)

- housing: if you log out in your home you feel more rested next day + X % skill gain

- PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP

- Player RUN SIEGES, PVP, World Events

- Chaos vs. Order

- Factions of some sorts

- ZOMBIES ATTACK TRINSIC!!! <---- AWESOME contact like this

- Online game = ability to play with EVERYONE not instances like FPS games

*I dont want to play Call of Duty to where i only play with 100 people per instances/client world... i need to be able to get back at people who PK me... so I want to be able to access the ENTIRE worlds population like UO

15. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Continue to make it as you planned, NOT ou2, Like the old Ultima Games, NOT an mmo, an RPG or an MORPG Multiplayer online role playing game with an element of risk on OPO, loot your gold on you & resources & only if killed by a player & only by that player. But then resource gathering would be doubled & gold from monsters also doubled.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Adding a few ideas discussed in chat and via posts:

Customisable Signs on Houses.
    Heraldic options for clothes and housing signs.

17. coolphoenix

coolphoenix Avatar

actually i would like to see a dead village and you put money into rebuilding it and have people come in the village to live and pay a small tax to you for living there

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Owain

Owain Avatar

Use of food and drink. Not eating or drinking results in a debuff. Initially, this acts as a reduction to strength, dexterity, and intelligence (assuming str, dex and int are the only attributes). The debuff is removed by eating and drinking.

Over time, the effects get worst, and instead of a temporary loss of strength, you get an actual persistant loss in strength that must be made back up over time (assuming that strength is an attribute that players develop as they progress in the game). This represents loss of muscle mass from malnutrition.

Not eating (malnutrition), will kill you eventually, but that would take a long time. Not drinking (dehydration) will kill you quicker, but would not have the same weakening effects as severe malnutrition.

Different foods fortify you longer that other foods. A full steak dinner would last you longer, for example, than a bowl of lettuce.

Time Lord and jondavis like this.
  19. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Building on what CoolPhoenix said.

I would like to see other community projects, for instance building/repairing a bridge that opens up a new area.

In Istaria that was a great community builder.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. randomonium

randomonium Avatar

I see a lot of people wanting no opt-out PVP. I say 'have fun', since that's why I left UO in the first place.

I'm very excited to see that pets will be in place - and I especially love the 'highly filtered' experience of being able to game only with my friends, if online at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.