[Feb-25th] PvP Fishing Event - Verdantis Shardfall!! - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Lebu, Feb 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

Ridge Runners [RR] PvP Fishing Contest!

Hosted by: Lebu Lionheart
    When: Feb. 25th 2023 (Saturday) 7pm - 9pm (CST)

Prizes:
    1st Prize: Gold Shark Trophy (100K Gold Coin, Cloak of the Master Angler, Angelfish)
    2nd Prize: Silver Marlin Trophy (50k Gold Coin, Cloak of the Master Angler)
    3rd Prize: Bronze Fish Trophy (25k Gold Coin)
    Participation Prize: Purple PvP Shard Trophy

How to Participate and earn a Purple PvP Shard Trophy:
    1. Contestants must physically check in with Host no later than 7:30pm. The Host will be located at Verdantis Shardfall: South Docks.

NOTE:Once you have checked in with the Host you are highly encouraged to stay the entire duration of the competition, as your Kill / Death Ratio during contest hours will be factored into your overall score. Leaving the zone prior to the end of the contest will result in the forfeit of any K/D points obtained before your departure and will not be factored into your overall score.

2. Catch a trophy fish and turn it in to the Host during contest hours OR spend a minimum of 90 minutes in zone and turn in the Skull, Hand, AND Jawbone of active participants (these do not all have to be from the same player).

NOTE: All trophies turned in to Host will be returned to participant after scoring, via trade or mail.

How to Win:
    Achieve the best score out of everyone in the event by catching the biggest fish and obtaining the highest K/D score out of everyone. Although it is possible to win by doing one or the other, participate in both to maximize your chances of victory!

How the Event is Scored:
    There will be TWO ways to earn points during this event and both will be tallied together to determine your overall score!

Fishing: Trophy fish size will be divided by 2 in order to determine your first point value.
    EXAMPLE: A 5.00 Trophy fish would earn you 2.50 points.
    FORMULA: FishSize / 2 = PointVal

Killing Players: Your number of Player Kills will be Divided by your number of deaths, then divided again by 10 in order to determine your point value (with a max point cap of 1).
    EXAMPLE: Player with a K/D of 10/1 would earn a score of 1.
    FORMULA: (Kills/Deaths) / 10 = PointVal

PENALTIES:
    There is not a score penalty for having a negative K/D or leaving the event early, you will simply default to ZERO points earned for that scoring factor of the event.
    Killing the Host does not count toward your kill amount! Collateral Host kills are expected as I run around to observe fights during Stream. However, deliberate Host kills will result in a minus of 2 (one from count/one for penalty) from your overall kill count -per offense.

Visual Representation of how scoring works using historical data:
    [​IMG]

Join us in game or on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/lebu_520

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    Anpu, Rhodrisan, jrs99 and 1 other person like this.
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

A few questions.

What is the magic spell to turn a trophy fish into the host? :p

As the whole zone is PVP what prevents that players are ambushed even before registering to the event?
    The requirement to register physically at a known place before a known time in a PVP zone would enable players to intercept the next to register instead of spreading out over the island.
    Could not the registration be made by chat with the host? Or before entering the PVP zone, e.g. near Westend where the ferries are.

You check not only that the fish is from that zone but from within those 2 hours?

Lebu likes this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Nice! I've been setting up a pvp contest for next release in verdantis too. I really like what you did with this, I hope I'm able to attend!

No. The only way the host can see a players kills and deaths is by targeting them in that pvp scene.

Yeah. The way these contests work, only fish stamped during the contest can be entered to win.

Lebu likes this.
  4. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

If you look at the picture below, you will see a "Trophy Fish". These fish are different from the others that do not note who caught the fish, where the fish was caught, when, and the length of the fish.

[​IMG]

Again, referencing the picture above, Trophy Fish are date time stamped. As real life hours pass, so too does time in the game!
    If you use the command "/time" in your chat box (with misc. chat enabled) you will see your time zone, server time zone, and Britannia Time and Conditions.

[​IMG]

While this is a legitimate question and concern, we have hosted PvP fishing competitions, in PvP Zones, in the past and players are usually good sports about the events. SotA has a great community and this also applies to the PvP players. However, this has made me consider if I should have the west docks be a Non-PvP zone during 7:00pm-7:30pm (during the time of registration).

Registering in person does two things for me, as the Host: It allows me to track your time in zone, and your K/D ratio (Pic. below). I cannot do either until you appear close enough range for me to target you. Once I have you targeted you can carry on with the competition! Once you leave the zone then all your data is erased. If you re-enter the zone your data will start all over again.

[​IMG]

I hope I have answered your questions!!

Violet Ronso, Adam Crow and Anpu like this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

You misunderstood my remark.

My comment about a spell to turn the trophy fish into the host was no show of lack of knowledge what a trophy fish is - it was intended to be a funny remark about your sentence:
    where you wrote "turn into" instead of "turn in to"...

Adam Crow and Lebu like this.
  6. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

I see lol. I was writing in military though and half way through. I had to go back and fix it and must have missed that! :)

7. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

Congrats to our winners and thank you to all who participated!!
    1st Place: Graydios
    2nd Place: Asmo
    3rd Place: Caree Death

[​IMG]

Anpu, Adam Crow and Caree Death like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.