Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback about movement in combat

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Akrondar, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I think that right now we have a free movement system that allow us to perform any action required to effective combat but requires, IMO, to much hand skill. Another problem i see is that combat is not very clean to watch with the actual system.

What i propose for the lock/target system:
    • First, the Camera. We need a fixed angle/zoom camera aimed to the current target (see the picture to get the proposed angle/zoom). Maybe we could set up the angle and zoom with a mini tool on the options menu.
    • The combat mode. When you enter combat mode, the auto attack should begins to function automatically against the highlighted target (Right now, you need to double click the target or activate a card on it).
    • when you cycle targets your auto-attack should aim to the current target. This actually happens, but if you kill one target and face another you should double click the new target to begin the attack.
    • Once you target a NPC/Avatar, you should move around him on a circle patron. Strafing.
    • You should be able to activate fast movement (when you roll) with the same circle path patron. You should be able to make an alternative fast movement to better positionate yourself in a straight line patron (see the picture) to avoid some spells, scape, etc. Actionable with a combination of keys (example: Left Shift + double tap side movement)
    • A key or a combination of them to unlock from targets to get free movement (example, escape). Would be enough to use the key (or combination of them) to cycle between friends (example: Left Shift + TAB).
    • All the previous points should be optional, activated by default.
    This way the game will get friendlier to new gamers (wifes and children), and cleaner to understand what is happening in battle.

[​IMG]

2. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

On another topic, another suggestions.

We should be able to discard skills with a combination of key+number. Example: Left Shift + number.
    We should be able to cycle friendly targets with a combination of key+number. Example: Left Shift + Tab.

.....or make all the alternative functions activable with Left Shift xD.

3. stile

stile Avatar

I highly agree with the camera movement. I felt like i needed a 3rd hand to just handle the camera.

Akro and Ravenclaw [BEAR] like this.
  4. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

I agree the current camera system is mediocre.

Having a variety of camera control options so that the player can tailor it to their preferences would help immensely.

There was some fun in the chaos... but definitely, at the point where everything was just a jumble, it gets annoying when the camera is super zoomed-in.

5. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

Maybe would be too difficult to get "the right spot" with a fixed camera, but i think the lock system could be friendlier too.

6. Evermor

Evermor Avatar

I am going to post this here because it is somewhat similar to the topic at hand. I am not a mouse turner, in fact I don't use a mouse at all when I play games if I can avoid it (aside from occasional camera adjustments). The keyboard turning in this game is awful, is there anyway to have an option to increase the sensitivity of turning when using the keyboard? I did not see anything in the options when I looked for it.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  7. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

With these changes you should be able to use more the keyboard efficiently.

8. Sumphoo

Sumphoo Avatar

A great idea and something we should make sure is implemented. Not only was the camera angle hard to manage but targeting was a nightmare if you dared to self target for a heal. when i was fighting 2 or more, suddenly I was left to try and tab target through, with no targeting of last target, especially in a pvp enabled area, you could end up attacking anyone who happened to be in range. Since you couldnt see them in the camera view and it didnt switch depending on your current target the only you knew anything was the out of range text in the combat parse. You of course could see the targets name, but unless you memorized who everyone was that was practically useless.

9. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

More suggestions then:

When you press Alt and then release the key, you should target your Last target.

10. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Right now I can move forward and backward with the keyboard but turning on the keyboard is pretty slow so I have to use the mouse. The mouse can turn but doesn't move your avatar forward or backward. This means I have to use two hands to move and turn properly which leaves no hands for glyph pressing while in combat. At least not effectively.

I would say, as mentioned above, increase the keyboard sensitivity for keyboard turning so movement can be handled from the keyboard or incorporate a way to move forward and back with the mouse. I would prefer the first option as the second would probably be really difficult to manage with the 3D rotational control already a part of the mouses movement functionality.

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Healing yourself doesn't require a target change since the alt key casts on yourself. I do see a, possible issue if you want to heal someone else. in that case is it unreasonable to expect that it takes time to target them, perform the action, then retarget your previous target. I don't know the answer myself, but we are soon gong to be running out of temporary keys that let you perform automated actions. :)

12. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I agree on the keyboard sensitivity to turning, but i also want to roll and move around targets easier with keyboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.