Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback - Battle Solace Bridge starting zone -several issues

Discussion in 'Release 66 QA Feedback' started by Rinaldi, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

05/28/2019 16:41
    Feedback - Battle Solace Bridge starting zone - several issues

1. At the start of the scene, I see arrows all around me, but i can only pick up (interact) with a few of them. I also cannot pick up the spear in the horse. I should be able to pick up all of these type of objects.
    2. The chat box says,"This mysterious location has a spectacular view of the stars" - this statement is useless and out of place. ummm, its daytime so i cannot see the stars, and furthermore, how does this (in any way) help me to understand the game?
    3. When i died, it did not give me any hints about what i was supposed to do next. How about "you died and are now a ghost. Move to the nearest ankh to resurrect yourself (the locations of the ankhs are shown on the compass at the top of the screen, and can often bee seen in the distance by their bright glow"
    4. Before i died, Charlotte gray was following me. After i died, she completely disappeared from the scene. She should stay with you, so that when you resurrect, she is standing next to you. Otherwise, this quest gets broken (it was still broken after rebooting the game - Charlotte was in the burning house, but she would not open a dialogue with me and would not follow me).
    5. I talk to edvard and he says "I believe their may be a bow or two back in the town commons...you should get it." I already had a bow when i started the game. So, in order to progress, i have to go run back and get another bow? seems nonsensical.
    6. Looks a bit foolish that Edvard has 29000 HP, and says he needs help crossing the bridge because of the undead with <100 HP. I would suggest hiding his HP.
    7. At first the hints appeared in white text in the middle of the screen, then they only appeared in the chat box, so basically, i missed many of the hints. In this zone, flash all the hints in large text on the screen. The last hint should state that "from now on, players should look at the chat box". Also, some of the white-text-hints do not stay on the screen long enough to completely read them. Maybe have a hint right at the beginning of the game that says "if a hint on the screen is missed, it can be seen at anytime by looking at the chat box."
    8. Often, The conversation with an NPC terminates abruptly and the dialogue box closes...most of the time I cannot read their last statement. So, i have to read the chat box to figure out the last statement....a new player will likely be confused by this. If you are going to use a dialogue box for conversation, allow the ENTIRE conversation to be viewed in it. Reading dialogue should not require the use of two separate interfaces.

I have not created and restarted a character in a long time, but my experience this time was extremely disappointing.

Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I went through this the other day...i think Friday and it all went well. No hiccups. I also did it from beginning....Isle of Storms. The whole tutorial. I think bypassing the tutorial at Isle would defeat the whole purpose of new players learning how to play and use things. I understand with vet players being able to bypass it but have this bypass just creates confusion for new players. They will zoom past it all and then complalin cause they cant figure something out.

Jaesun, Paladin Michael and Rinaldi like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Okay, nice thread, @Rinaldi, just wanted to start one about Solace Bridge :)
    I follow your numbers, confirming your experience - unfortunately ...

1. Yes, all the text about: 'take a bow' directly at the beginning and later (Edvard) should be taken away. A short sentence at the beginning, like "take a weapon" would be enough. A player should decide what (s)he wants to use.
    2. There are alot of sentences making no sense anylonger, because they were written along time before, at a time they (mostly) made sense ...
    3. the information about dying was in before, most time I didn't die in the starter scene, so can't tell about.
    4. Charlotte is slow (like all NPC's following us, also Edvard on the Bridge or later Samael in Highvale).
    5. Nonsensical moments: Young Charlotte is frightened! But she is attacking the undead? Please let her run / stay a short distance behind us ...
    6. Yes, Edvard could slay an army ... instead of that he could hold a lute and sing a song while walking behind us ;)
    7. There should be a rule for hints in the middle of the screen (I suggest only extreme important). Please watch my last bug report about this.
    --> And ONE seperate STORY WINDOW (not a kind of 'chatbox') should exist, including all the story text, not mixed up with technical or other information.
    A new player gets confused with all those options - Focus on what we need NOW is very important ...
    8. That's an old story - NPC just close the dialogue for no reason :(
    --> even a reason is given (NPC goes to bed!) the chat window only tells: '...this npc leaves'
    ... Would be better, NPC would tell us something like: "Shop closes in one minute. ... See you tomorrow ...)

I reported all those stuff over years (no joke) ...
    ... it is distracting and destroys the flow of the story ...
    --> I tell it again: I like the whole story, there are so many interesting parts about this world, but it is really no joy to follow it - unfortunately <--

Still hoping, the presentation of the storyline will be improved soon.

I am not talking about a new UI or a new Quest Journal, just talking about something like an icon on screen for story/quest related stuff - only(!)
    We have so many simple and good looking ICONS in the Crown Shop - why can't we have a few more to find what we need easier?

A new player knows nothing about 't' to show / hide quest tasks on screen or all those chat box options for the tabs ...
    (to toggle off all those underlining, which is one of the most distracting thing if you try to read the text carefully - it makes your eyes jumping around all the time. ... which makes it not easier to read all those text!)

An icon for Story related content, leading to (J)ournal, (T)asks and former (D)ialogues (that story window I asked for), would be extreme helpful :)

@Sannio, you are our man, we count on you! :)

Rinaldi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.