1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Player Test Environment (QA Server) issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /devbug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

Feedback Dialogue Window

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Rinaldi, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

When I clicked to close the SOTA game window (clicked "x" in upper right of window, on Windows 10 Machine), the feedback message popped-up. At the bottom of the feedback window, it states: Click "Exit" to submit your information.

However, there is no "exit" button on the feedback window. Clicking the "x" in the upper right of the game window (sometimes refered to as an "exit" button), nothing happens.

When I click on the "quit" button in the window below, the game will quit and close.

So, Is the "exit" button missing? Or do you mean click the "quit" button?

Also, I completed the starter areas long ago, so I am not sure why it is telling me that I have not finished them. Also, I was not in a starter area when i logged off.
    Is some of the avatar's historical info not ported to QA?

[​IMG]

Addendum:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1441.Date.01.19.23

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hmm i'm not getting that window with quest done. Not sure why its showing for you. Normally it should mean you have no quest path knowledge started. Were you in game when it appeared or you didn't log at all maybe?
    For the "exit" its because when you are in game there one of the window that show exit and another show quit, thats why i placed in parenthesis "Exit" which pretty much mean the same thing as quit.

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Rinaldi likes this.
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am not sure what that fix was referring to, but I thought it could refer to the inability to close the game window by pressing quit after the feedback window popped up (i.e. the feedback window monopolized focus and prevented interaction with the quit button). And perhaps this was specifically when the player quit without logging in ?

in my situation above, I had logged in and played SOTA, then tried to exit the game. When I did, I got the feedback pop-up, and the quit button worked. Anyhow, maybe I interpreted the fix incorrectly. Also, the issue that I reported above was on QA 1441.

It is confusing if we are supposed to press "quit" but the instruction in the window is telling us to press "exit" (especially when there is no "exit" button currently visible on the screen) - I suggest making the terminology consistent. If a player is supposed to press quit, then I think the instructions should tell the player to press the "quit" button.

I know the term "exit" is used in options interface to "exit to menu", but this does not completely shut down the game, it simply transfers the user from gameplay to the "main menu" window. However, the term "quit" is used for completely shutting down the game (which is consistent with what will happen if you press the "quit" option under the feedback window). Also, the term "quit" is used for complete shut-down in several other areas of the game (as shown below):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had logged into the game and played SOTA QA for a while, then tried to quit the game. The feedback dialogue only popped-up after I pressed the "x" in the upper right corner of the game window to close the game. So the feedback did not show up while I was playing SOTA.

For more context, the last few things I did in game: entered brit graveyard, ran over tho the entrance to brit sewers to check the new POI marker (which worked correctly), then clicked the door to enter brit sewers. As soon as I arrived in brit sewers, i clicked "x" to close the game window and the feedback window popped up.

However, I logged in this morning to try to reproduce the issue, but i could not get the feedback window to pop-up again...so maybe it was a one-time issue.

Suggestion to make the feedback window look less cluttered and more legible:
    The transparency of the feedback window makes it harder to read the text in the window.
    In other words, the other windows and the background graphics interfere with the contents of the feedback window.
    Look at the picture I posted above. The feedback window is not easy to read, and looks "messy".
    Can you make the feedback window opaque?

Ability to turn the feedback window back on?
    I could not find an option to turn the feedback window back on.
    I turned off feedback several months ago (I forget how i did it), and now I cannot find a way to turn it back on.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  5. DavidDC

Feedback is only for new player once they quit. We didn't want feedback at any time and the other feedback panel got removed.

Rinaldi likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am also observing this still happening, with my Anpu character, that has completed tons of quests. And currently has 1 quest active. From the Main Menu, selecting quit show up the feedback window.

01/25/2023 09:58
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8072
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1441.Date.01.19.23
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (215.4, 18.0, -187.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgyMTUuNDEzLCAxOC4wMDcsIC0xODcpfCgwLjAwMiwgLTAuODQ2LCAtMC4wMDgsIC0wLjUzMyl8MTE1LjU5MTh8NDV8MjU=

Rinaldi likes this.
  7. DavidDC

Checking whats up with this

Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
  8. DavidDC

I'm not getting this feedback at all when i have the appropriate flags (which is one of 4 starter flag). I tryed with my old account and then loggued in with a new one and only the new one was getting the feedback as it should.
    Also i'm not getting any feedback so far today in our chat channel. If it was happening to everyone we would be spammed. Really wondering why you guys are getting it now hmm

Also asked alley to try yesterday and she didnt get it either

Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If this helps any(?) feel free to impersonate Tehuti, that's my second account character. I also have a second character on that account was newly created a number of days ago, but did at least finish the Battle of Solace Bridge scene.

I won't be playing on that account today, I did however check and logged on as Tehuti, and loaded to the world map. I then logged out. Main Menu and quit. The feedback window still shows up (on Live). Tehuti specifically has finished a number of quests.

DavidDC likes this.