Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback for R6 - Was fun to play.

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by Kismet, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kismet

Kismet Avatar

Hi all,

Some game Feedback. Before I get into that though i’d like to say I really enjoyed the overall game play. Had really a great time playing during E3.

1) Crafting: Quick numbers/All quick button: All, 2, 3, 4, 5 when dragging resources into crafting area such as smithing. Cuts down on the arrow clicking/scroll bar. (though i did discover holding Shift will drag them all at once)
    2) Dragging/Crafting: Pop up for dragging/choosing amount of item to drag should show up at end of dragging. It currently shows up on the original location/bag from the bag your dragged it from. Its a bit awkward. i.e. you drag iron, pop up comes up in original bag, you choose 3, then finishes the drag.
    3) Bags: Have bags remember which bag the item originally came from. i.e. I drag my Halberd from my 3rd bag to my character window, then later swap it out for torch. Halberd should drop back in my 3rd bag.
    4) Character window (and others): Pop up tool tips - What are the rest of the Slots for in the character window? Put in tool tips so when I roll over it a “Off hand” or “Helmet” tooltip pops up.
    5) In Game Guide: Shows overview of interface, some basic movement info, etc…
    6) Beer Keg: Interactive keg to fill beer mug
    7) Cabinets: Doors at bottom should open, drawers slide out, etc..
    8) Return to Home / Return to Guild House: Not only is this helpful to return to your house, but also helpful to find it when your lost. (I forgot a few times where my house was. hehe)
    9) House Trophies: As you adventure you get drops that can be used for you house like the “Necro’s Robe”, “Skull & crossbones” from pirate King, “Mini Wolf” statue from Boss Wolf, etc… Rare drop.
    10) Bags/collecting/looting: Automatic “Collect all” function from mob so you don’t have to click “Take all” every time. Or click every item.
    11) Bags/collecting/looting: “AOE” Collect all function, collects everything from mobs around you.
    12) Interface: Double click looting item (Such as armor) = Put in your inventory (or right click). i.e. you click armor in chest window and it drops into your inventory.
    13) Doors/Iron Gates: Go up a bit slow
    14) Character: Can not loot “Through Myself”, blocks pickup. Have to rotate camera (Sometimes hard in closed spaces)
    15) Looting: Can not loot the same chests over & over (Currently you can get loot, just seconds/minutes later after you just got it)
    16) Theft: Guard catches you stealing say a candle or stuff off tables, they go aggro. You have to make amends.
    17) Chest Sound: Chest repeats like its opening by Owls head crafting stations and is loud and annoying after a couple times. Most chests sound is just too high pitched or something.
    18) Jumping while in water: Cant jump in water (while unrealistic, its fun gameplay as you don’t get stuck as much getting out.
    19) Swim Underwater: This adds fun gameplay (Maybe future stretch goal?)
    20) Mini Map/3d Map: Explain that you can double click on any Hex to explore that area.
    21) Chat window auto disappears: Make preference to turn this off, i like to keep my chat on all the time.
    22) Journal + 3d Map: Use Journal while on 3d Map
    23) Bonus Mimic Pet: For early backers.
    24) Graphics, Character Creator & items: Are very outdated. The quality of the graphics are low by todays standards.
    25) SOTA Website: Sorry but this a very “90’s” kinda website. With todays tech your website should be nothing short of amazing. Look at how much of a boost Star Citizens website gave them. I think this would massively draw more backers if the website was of a much higher quality.
    26) Knock backs: Mobs can get knocked back into walls.
    27) Water: Needs way better quality & effects, like splash when you jump in.
    28) Duels: Out of town only. Its annoying to have people dueling right by your house or by the crafting area, vendors, etc...

Some things I got stuck on:
    1) Guild Merchant in Kingsport: Could not show samples of crafting work. Also said to show to “Guild merchants downstairs”? Says to show work, i tried to drag on to mob and /show work kinda thing combos. Didn’t work.
    2) Bandit Cave Wolf Area: Could not find a way to the wolfs in bandit cave, blocked by gate I could not get past. I also couldn’t find any secret passages to get in there.
    3) Sewers Lich: Really hard mob, finally killed him and he dropped nothing.

Bugs:
    1) Chair in doorway: Would get stuck looking in same direction, camera doesn’t move with my character anymore. Was not able to reset it, had to quit out and come back in game.

Other Game Pitfalls to Avoid:
    1) Competition vs ore nodes
    2) Mob camping
    3) Boss camping (please no standing in line for boss to spawn!)
    4) Mob Tagging
    5) Forced to Open world PVP
    6) Death Penalty (Don’t add loss of XP or dropping of items its just not fun gameplay.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.