Feedback from the Duke's tournament

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Edit: I should say once again, this was a fun and awesome event, I hope to see more like it!

Everybody who was there it would be good to hear your feedback too.

Tagging those I'm talking to who wanted it, but of course it's better if everyone who was there gives their thoughts.

@Corte Grimward @Lightiger8 @Sol Stormlin @Badger kadar @virtue244 @John Gault
    • We need a Party Dual mode, this would have taken care of several problems, AOE death in the crowd, parties needing to flag during the event, potential pickpockets (haven't seen that happen as of this time in the event though, so that's good) and collateral damage/targeting the crowd on accident.
      • Well, potential pickpocket turned into a real one. Sad, someone screwing up the tournament.
    • Some people were complaining about really lagging, I didn't experience it and my team wasn't complaining about it.
    Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention, I had a lot of fun! Screenshots up on Steam.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

• People need a place to spawn in that isn't in the arena, the dead were forced to reappear in the AoE's and in the one I'm watching now, in the middle of the fight still happening.

3. amarious

amarious Avatar

Big time on the "People need a place to spawn in that isn't in the arena, the dead were forced to reappear in the AoE's and in the one I'm watching now, in the middle of the fight still happening."

I was targeting people I had already killed as well as audience members. Over all though, it was a blast! 10/10 would do again.

4. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

It would have been nice to have a place for the pvpers to be away from thieves. These types of events need a bit of control due to pvp status. I'm not sure if the people who were stealing were revealed, but it would be nice if their names were attached to the ransom notices so that people could hunt them down. Also, was there a rule that stated there was to be no stealing in this event?

5. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

We had 3 team members lag really bad after ice field and meteor shower were used. My machine couldn't handle it. I was able to cast one spell and then the glyphs locked up and I couldn't move. Not sure what to bug though: AOEs, number of people present, number of people flagged. :)

6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Same here and at one point during our first battle my screen went black. :(

7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I was rooting for you guys... :D

regarding lag... it seems that not everyone was lagging... which means it could be system related... not sure if those who are NOT lagging had better systems but three questions...

1. should Portalarium work on bringing down the system minimum specs for the game? or
    2. should players just suck it up and spend money on getting a better machine?
    3. which of the two do you guys think will attract more players to try or play the game?

edited to add the third question

@Chris Spears @DarkStarr @Lord British

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I'm saddened to discover this post. Of the 60-or-so people at the event, the majority are not sharing feedback.

Lesni likes this.
  9. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I have a very good pc. 16gb ram, ssd hard drive, NVidia Graphic Card and 17 processor on one of the computers I use win. 10 pro and the other I use win 8.1

Lesni and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I wasn't lagging, but that doesn't matter, continued optimization is of utomost importance. Progress is happening and it needs to be happening every month.

11. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I have one of the fastest systems made. Still had lag.
    Sometimes the lag could be internet speed and not machine related.
    Or both or a need to better optimize the game.

Maybe they are like me. I just saw the post a few minutes ago.
    I did not compete in the tournament but I attended and thought it was a great event.

the Lacedaemonian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.