Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback - Loot/Kill stealing

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Feeyo, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Good Point!

I have had that happen also. That leads to my point earlier, there may be more to the original story. Now with that said. we all know there are bad guys out there, that is part of an MMO just like the real world. So, just like the real world, you make defensive choices and stay alert. When in Multi, we check who is in the zone. If it is crowded, or there is any signs of an issue we switch to party mode. No more issue.

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

How true! It can be even worse, though. A couple of times I have started firing spells at something my elemental was fighting, only to realize that my elemental was interfering in someone else's fight. I stopped, of course, and tried to apologize to the other player, but I don't know if they were monitoring local chat.

3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

hmmm OR:

How about you either you have to have the first hit (likely when you're a solo actor) or you have to be in the party to loot. Ofc there are those who just race about slaying mobs and leaving the unlooted/unskinned in their wake. A simple timer (IF nobody from the originally fighting party looted in .. oh say 2 minutes THEN it was open loot? Something along these lines would preclude the possibility of KS griefing. While some folks (the kind that will say "Welcome to MMO's or Go play Solo games") may enjoy the lame practice I would venture a guess that the majority of our community is (or has been up until now) somewhat more mature in their approach....uhhh discounting our proclivity for forum PvP :)

This would be in the purview of Dass Tech Lord Residente, aka the Evil @Chris. What say you oh dark one? Would this be possible?

Up until now this really hasn't been much of an issue. Going forward however I can see where it may become one. Another thing, and maybe it's just my perception is that spawns don't seem to scale according to the number of players in a zone. This was really apparent the other day in a zone I was in...the spawn was just abysmally slow. Switching to Private I had a constant spawn...enough that it far outweighed the loss of the 10% multi bonus.

oh.. it strikes me.. I invoked the name of @Chris but I was remiss in not mentioning LOOT!!

as I dun wanna derail this.. I'll leave that for another (round of) posts

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

First hit would suck cuz you would just have people getting the firstt hit then let you kill it for them and get it all, just thing a noob camps dragon, hit its then waits for someone to kill it. at least with most damage there is the chance the person at least needs to risk agro and needs to put some effort in.

Chatele, Solazur and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You could reset the "who gets it" once the mob does a full idle heal to max HP, but I think it would still have problems.

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

ya, just an archer sneaking in a first hit before the big melee who is going to do the rest kills it.

7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

well, you have a point there too m8 ;p

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Pretty sure it’s most damage done.. not last hit.

I confirmed this when someone died from a reaper and I finished off the last 1/3 of killing it - there were no residual DOTs from the dead player - and it was not lootable to me (If it was I was gonna trade him the items)

Elwyn and Chatele like this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The other day I was exiting through a siege just as it ended. A baddie came up to me at half-ish health, obviously with damage done by whoever was killing the cab. I killed it and was not able to loot it. So it is definitely not a "last to hit" rule. I was sure things worked this way, but it had been so long that I wasn't sure enough to say anything in this thread.

I suppose one open question is how party damage is handled. Is it possibly based on each individual player's damage, with party status only sharing to the group when XP and loot access are awarded?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.