Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback on Book Cover Patterns

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Vyrin, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

So far, I find the book cover patterns highly unsatisfying. A few key initial thoughts:

1) The default cover for blank books and published books should not be the Kiln cover. It should be a plain cover without the Kiln symbol. The Kiln cover pattern is on sale right now. It would only be used if a cover was changed and then someone wanted to go back to the Kiln cover.

If this doesn't change, expect me to write a parody story as to how Kiln became the literary capital of the world and all created books must begin with its cover!

2) Orange should not be the indication of applying a pattern as well as renaming. Also bugged this one. The icon indicates the difference. If that is too small another method could be chosen. For example, it is better to see the original item name and the cover name strung together like: Tales from the Crypt (Alchemy Cover).

3) The price of book patterns does not fit with what can be earned from selling books. I have run bookstores since persistence. There is not enough profit in it to justify buying a 200g pattern + 3 wax for every book. I have the data on what I've sold for almost 2 years... I would dare say I know this better than anyone. For now, it removes the ability I would have to match titles with the cover classification, which would be awesome. 200g is obviously designed to make it a gold sink. Patterns are not just cosmetic niceties for a gold sink. Sometimes they can be like crafting mats.

What I suggest is to get rid of patterns for books and sell every cover type as a blank book: "Aerie blank book", "Alchemy blank book", etc. Charge for each what is charged now for a blank book, or even a little more. Devs: please check how big a gold sink the book patterns have been - is it really a gold sink you can't live without? I would "@" the crafting person on the dev team but I don't know who that is. If by some great magic, blank book sales suddenly became popular, you could raise the price like you raise the price on crafting mats when they become popular (I think this still happens?).

Actually, you could keep the patterns at reduced prices to make all the types of blank books craftable. However, crafting a blank book is in no way economically justifiable with the current blank book recipe.

4) Add blank books with different covers to loot drops. It would certainly make me want to grind more!

I want to update my book publishing guide - but it would really help not to have to deal with the first 3 points.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Colin MacKenzie, Hazard, Bie and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.