Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback on crit and hit (ranged)

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by WehTeheFf, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

So I took my time and did some Combat Log analysis. I don't have a huge amount of data, but I did 2 areas with ~1000 shots fired.

My Stats are this:
    Dex: 56 (70 buffed)
    Eagle Eye at 62
    +crit% total (gear + Armor weapoints): ~23%
    I'm using a Long Bow, so base crit chance is 5%.

First was Deep Ravenswood against Skeletons and Liches.
    Shots fired: 916
    Attacks missed: 107 (~11.68%)
    Critical Hits: 62 (~6.77%)

After that I went to the Crypt of the Avatar and fought the Hardened Skeletons and the Ghosts.
    Shots fired: 1007
    Attacks missed: 61 (~6.06%)
    Critical Hits: 61 (~6.06%)

I guess the hit chance might be okay-ish in the long run, but it still feels bad (especially since missing 2 or 3 times in a row is pretty common).

Now for the crit chance:
    I don't know what exactly has been fixed or what was the problem, but having +20% crit chance bonus which seems to be multiplicative with the weapon base chance and not additive doesn't feel right. And when it comes to gear choices +crit chance seems utterly worthless now.

Maybe something went wrong here? Or is it all in the hidden parts that involve dex and/or adventurer level? Otherwise I don't see any reason to invest in crit chance now which is a pity :-/

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Your right. Crit on ranged i def broken
    Just logged in and heres a couple SS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now.. I have a 31.6% chance to crit.. and these mobs are all green (except the elder wolf)..
    99.5 in ranged.
    with 55 in dex.

All armor is crit bonuses. Pure masterworked pine bow... yea my total after crit boosting skill is 31.6% (or 31 something)

You just broke my character. The crits dont add up. Must be a bug. Would like feedback asap as if this IS correct with the new adjustment.. i need to completly rework my character because those numbers are a joke.
    Also the hitrate seems a little off on yellow/orange? dunno whatsup with that either, but less of a concern right now then the fact my main kick is broken.

I dont see any way this cant be a bug.. its just math .. so ima give it 24 hours or so before i worry, could just be they forgot to turn crits back on and its all running off base wep chance? or something i dunno. Its def wrong tho.. killed like 12 green wolves and critted what ? 4 times? like 5% ? yeaa... thats not even equal to my armor bonuse.. lol

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Albus, Rada Torment and LoneStranger like this.
  3. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Definitely looks multiplicative and not additive.

Have you checked SOTA Hud for a combat stat export?

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Sota hub always gave me my wep crit chance ( base + Bonuse ) + the skill for crit
    And neglected all crit chance from armor bonuses (another like 5-10% or w.e )
    I didnt look for R34 but for R33 it made my crit chance not accurate. Unless the * Adds crit chance 2% % on my armor is 2% of my total.. but that would be useless.

Sota hub showed me still on R33 with 27% before my armor. Nothings changed except a bonuse 2% since ive checked hud, but 10 min of playing tells me the crits are EASILY 20% difference as soon as logged into R34.

I averaged it before and im around 30-31% where i def should be .
    This release it takes 10 min to tell im not even in double digits % chance atm.

Been watching since announced on any mention of this being a bug, or w.e yet nothing so far so im just waiten and watching all the threads.

LoneStranger likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just patched and tried this out and for the second time since I started playing SotA, I don't want to play. Combined with the focus nerf, the fun is gone.

amarious, agra, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Lord Barugon, I feel your pain. yea that is why I am not playing ...... can't with the way it is now ......archery sux in this game. now ... I was ok with it before release, not 100% satisfied with it, still needs work, but now? I don't like it... can't play with all the misses, let alone rare crits, tired of running now when more then 1 is on me... especially when I miss on greens, and power gets drained and have to run and exit scene, or run till mob stops chasing me till I can power regen .... missing a lot does not help matters any....

Nhili Dragon and Lord Barugon like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was actually having fun in R33.... :(

8. jutman

jutman Avatar

how I feel after R33..... with my taming.. ruined my game play and it never got fixed... they claim to have made it better but yet its worse....guess when one person sees it half full the other sees it half empty

9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

The focus nerf isn't even in full effect this release....However, as i promised you, there's cheap food to be had at my vendor :)

Not done much fighting as yet, from these posts and others seen I'm not looking forward to but will see as i do have quite high dex, nearly 100 buffed i will see if that will help the hit chance....

Chatele and Albus like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The focus nerf is at least manageable.

11. Albus

Albus Avatar

Hit and crit appears way down for melee (blades) as well. Agree that crit gear is basically worthless in current form (weee raise crit chance from 5% to 6%? Better to go for +dmg or anything else really, at just this point in time at least). Fighting yellow & green bandits and such I'll see one crit in four kills with sword or bow, basically crit has become an insignificant factor in any fight I've been in this release. I would drain +crit skills (armour weak points, etc.) except that this will probably be altered/reverted, but for now I'll be avoiding +crit stats in items entirely ;)

12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

So was I, I don't play games that I am not having fun in..... but now? NOT so ....

Lord Barugon likes this.
  13. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I didn't notice a big change last night in chance to hit. I wonder if certain mobs got Dex buffs and are now harder to hit than they were previously? I was hunting bandits and whatnot, yellow/orange/red and didn't notice much of a change in chance to hit. I am only ADV lvl 32.

14. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

lol wait till they further reduce focus and health regen ..... I think it sounds like they plan on replacing focus regen entirely with food and potions ...... and THAT is what concerns me ..... I don not want to be a slave to food ... I like the health/regen the way it was in R33 ....with me taking potions now and then which I needed to use for when I had to tackle more then 1 mob .... IT worked out, we still had to carry potions, all they had to do was add food for health and power regen to the mix. WAS no need to nerf regen .....I already in R33 had to wait after every kill to regen as a archer, would have bought food to speed it up then .... no need for this nerf to focus and health regen at all. (all it does it add extra weight, like I don't have enough to carry already).

Lord Barugon likes this.
  15. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

My first thought was that the Eagle Eye Skill is not doing anything anymore. It's supposed to increase your chance to hit with Bows and my problems with hitting things had originally vanished after raising dex and Eagle Eye to a decent level (back in R32 or R33). Now my hit chance feels like back at AL20 or so when I didn't have those skills at a decent level.

But I can't test that, so no idea what's really the problem there.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  16. Superjuice

Superjuice Avatar

I'd like a refund on my masterworked/enchanted supple leather suit, kind of pointless now that I crit about 5-6% of the time :(

Honestly, to hit seems manageable in it's current state. I don't miss much on yellows and below but it still feels broken to miss 5-6 times in a row. Crit changes have really hit hard and definitely feel broken. At the very least they made the investment into crit gear seem like a total waste.

17. Leiknir

Leiknir Avatar

I have 15.5% bonus crit off of my bow and armor. My dex is 56 and ranged combat at 101. I was critting at around 20% before and I figured the extra 4.5% came from my dex. I am now critting at 7.7%. My hit % is fine (~98%) but I am not critting much anymore.

I exported the log file using SotA HUD and wrote a crit parser for myself. I pretty much live in Elysium Mine for the silver. Everything in that mine is yellow to me so the stats before and after are from the exact same mobs.

Pre-Patch 34 Stats:
    [​IMG]

Post-Patch 34 Stats:
    [​IMG]

I am ok with balancing the game and maybe rangers need to be toned down but help us with the numbers... or it just seems broken.

nonaware likes this.
  18. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Edit: I didn't read the whole OP thoroughly it seems as you actually said what I have posted below already.

It looks to me like crit is now being calculated multiplicatively now. As in, having +23% crit chance bonus actually means:

BaseCritChance*(1+WeaponCritBonus%)=TotalCritChance.

So if you've got a bow with a 5% base crit chance and +23% weapon critical chance bonus, then your total critical chance is:

5*(1+0.23)=6.15% Critical Chance

That number just about lines up with what you've recorded in your testing. Which if that's the case, then weapon critical chance bonuses are basically worthless.

uhop, cartodude and nonaware like this.
  19. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

if thats intended to be the case for all the +crits... its time to reroll as a mage lol

cartodude likes this.
  20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Until you realize how much reagents cost!

cartodude and nonaware like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.