Feedback on the Mirror step of Character Creation

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Draxenath, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draxenath

Draxenath Avatar

The creation tool is nice, but are there plans to have "Presets" or other sort of premade settings? It's always hard for me to know exactly what I want my character to look like until I see it, that usually takes me 2 hours or more when there are no appearance presets, and I really hate to waste so much time on that. I want to go straight into play, but don't want to end up with a character whose looks I will hate forever. To me, character creation is a sort of obstacle between me and the game. It's something I would rather break through as fast as I can while having fun at it and without regretting the outcome during the rest of the game.

Other games with this level of customization always offer presets. I usually check all the presets and choose one I like, then make adjustments to it until it looks the way I want. That translates into great looks, more fun, and less wasted time.

When a game has so many controls, unless there are presets, I almost always get the feeling the character looks exactly the same no matter what controls I adjust. I am not an artist or expert in anatomy, I can't create a mental image of what I want and easily obtain it with those controls. I can't do that from a photo or picture either. Character creation should be quick and enjoyable, currently it is too frustrating and excruciating. Every time I decide to create my character, I spend 1 or 2 hours in the mirror, end up frustrated and just quit. That is what has kept me from returning to the game.

I gave it another try today, but just straight up hate the current character creation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.