Feedback on the new Maps

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Belladonna Rose, Oct 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

This past patch i was in Hidden Vale checking out the maps for some of the zones. Honestly i love them. They look great. Only issue i have is
    1. Point of Interest Markers are too dull and you cannot see them that well. I think they need to be a different color so they can actually be seen. And some POIs are missing in some scenes.
    2. Overworld Map. Looks great but some of the zones are misplaced or not there at all. Missing scenes are Kings Road, Mysterious Swamp and Wyntons Folly. Wrong locations : South Ravenswood, Deep Ravenswood, Baremar and Ravensmoor. North and South Marsh, Plains of Rygh Inis, Wymsands.
    And of course needing to put the POTs and PRTs are missing but I understand that may take some time to get those added to the Overland map.
    Other than that it looks great.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The markers should scale up when you zoom out. First time I opened one of the new maps, I thought they had opted not to include POI at all. The map was zoomed out, and they were so tiny I couldn't even see them.

I miss the older map style, though. I get it; these are way easier to make, and less pretty maps are better than no maps at all. But I'm still bummed we have to sacrifice art for convenience.

Wilfred, majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'm very excited maps are being reintroduced into the game and your feedback is encouraging. I do wonder when they will be made available to POTs?

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm glad they're finally getting the maps done - a core feature which should have been complete when they launched, two and a half years ago. It's like cheering an employee who finally showed up 6 hours late.

Cordelayne and majoria70 like this.
  5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

At that time they had hired someone to do maps and as he got started he was pulled off to do other things. Hence updated maps were pushed to the side. Then they downsized the staff and it got pushed back even further....to a point where the online map we often refer to still was stalled. From what i have heard and seen this is a huge project. Ravalox is doing a great job indeed. I am sure once he gets the main structure complete or caught up on he can and will go in and tweak . I just posted mainly to give some imput to help out. But after talking to him in PM he has alot of his plate and doing a balancing act with all his projects. Any imput anyone has is apprciated and the compliments just fuel his creative energy

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Well in that case...

To the Map Maker:

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am extremely happy this is finally slowly getting added, and thank you! The new area maps look great!

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  8. jregel

jregel Avatar

I play offline, so most of the updates don't seem that relevant to me, but maps - definitely! Really pleased to see them coming back to the game. I went to check one of them out last night and it's looking good. Looking forward to seeing more maps roll out over the next few releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.