Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback to the Harvest "House on the hills" quest

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Dear Sannio,

after some problems to find the right child telling me about and daring me to stay the night at the house of a witch ...
    some feedback:

At first: There is no similar quest like this one! To enter this abandoned house, waiting until midnight - alone with this tick-tack, tick-tack ... spooky ...

Only the Frostgeist story in Highvale monestary got a small touch of this!

It was interesting, what came - I wouldn't expect, what happened!

To explore the further story was exciting.

Only the end was - like a lot of other quests :(
    And because the start and the whole feeling, while exploring the house, it could be better. Killing something is a "way too often" thing in this game. And we need really more quests without fighting at the end.
    Instead to have more choices, how we end it (end killing could be one solution, but not the most virtuous!).

It's okay, if I am in a spooky castle, I have to fight some monsters, but the story elements should be in focus!
    Well, let a zombie/ghost come out of a long case clock, when we click on it ;)

But to receive a explanation, what REALLY happened to this poor soul haunting the house on the hill, and may be another way (one more choice!) to help her, by showing compassion (may be ... finding her poor daughter's ghost, helping her mother to find her way back to the light ...)

Something, what ends - sometimes - in a happy end. Not in "the witch is dead!" ;)

Again: The whole time I played this quest was very interesting.
    The special staircase - it gave a fine unreal touch! It was like walking in another world ...
    A great exception - waiting for something happens! This gives the story excitement.

For example, where it could work the same way:
    The Ardoris quest, where someone (I try to prevent spoilers) shoots children.
    If a beggar or another person would tell us, the one who did it, will be in tower at X o'clock.
    And we have to be there at the right time to catch him, would give another feeling as stumbling around and hoping, we could find him ...

Great work @Sannio - Thank you for this - I think we all are looking forward to see more like this (and less fights as mainsolution). :)

Aldo and Belladonna Rose like this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I did this quest and was excited to go through the 'portal' into the other part and approach the Witch. I agree. It would of been nice to have a conversation with the Witch and ask why she is haunting and if there was something we could do to help her pass over or what not. Have a different solution. As in correlation to the Virtues.....Love, Truth, Courage. There could be three options of resolution aside from just killing. But i agree it was a good quest and fun to do. Same with the elf quest in Crooked Shanks. Alot of the quests in fact could end other than hack and slash

Aldo and Paladin Michael like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.