Final Mission in "Path of Love" too hard.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortanius, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I'd like to think that I'm a pretty casual gamer, however I have spent more time in this game than in any other (a few hundred hours by Steam's count; IDK how many of those were before persistence, but I imagine the vast majority are after). I am getting crushed in the final area. Since this can only be played solo, I would hope that Port would find it in their hearts to make it to where the enemies don't respawn. After I take out a few, heal up, and head back, the ones in past areas are back. On top of that, it seems that ranged is the way to go... I'd like to play as melee character, but I have no chance when mobs are ganging up on me. I wish the difficulty could be scaled down a little. It is totally off balance vs the other paths. I can only imagine how hard it will be to get the SotA.

Jens_T, Stundorn, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I think getting the shroud is a little easier because it was done after a lot of NYC changes went in. The problem with Malice is that the put the scene in and it wa probably balanced at the time. Then they made changes to the mobs that were originallly placed in the scene that made the mobs elsewhere in the world harder. That raised the difficulty level of the mobs inside Malice. Guys what, they have never gone back into Malice to balance the area so that it was more level appropriate, as was in the original design. So that is the problem, unbalanced mobs because theirmsifficulty level increased and changes were never made to the dungeon after that. That's the real problem here, one that people have complained about for a while, but to date has been ignored by the debs.

3. Numa

Numa Avatar

To be honest, the Necropolis part of the Love quest is looking to be a cakewalk compared to all the (horror) stories I'm hearing about Malice :confused:

Stundorn and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Necropolis wasn't bad by any means. That place didn't have anything that was ANYWHERE near as scary as that son of a ***** at the top of the tower. Hated that ****.

@Mortanius - I can offer you some advice towards melee that can act as a festering band-aid of sorts. Avoidance is king. There is no queen. This means Fortify Defense, Shield of Ice, and ideally Glancing Blow from heavy armor (you can do Dodge and Evasion in Light Armor) are your bread and butter. When looking at gear to buy/make (lol who are we kidding, BREAK) always try to get some with avoidance masterworked onto it. I personally prefer a 2h sword. 2 1h's or a sword and board work just fine as well. Comes down to a matter of preference/what you're fighting. I can't give you much advice on magic except that liches laugh at it.

This is what nobody wants to hear, but as a melee you're going to need points spent in magic trees simply because 1/2 of your attunement equates to resistance to that element. Fire hurts lots and it seems to always hurt against even leveled mobs so any experience you dump in the fire tree isn't wasted. If you don't have it, get douse. That makes fire so much more manageable. The buffs Strength of Earth, Air's Embrace, Celestial Blessing, and Enlightenment help a ton. Suggesting this on the forums will give me a black mark, but w/e: make a buff deck. Especially with the locked charging now you can relatively easily and quickly fully buff up as you enter a scene and be off to the races.

@jiirc is entirely correct that before mages ruled the world Malice was tough but it wasn't nearly as rough as it is now. The journal's assessment of difficulty was much closer to reality back then.

5. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

So, while I've taken my content guide's down (since they were a year old and I don't see any point in updating them at this time) I think you need to ask around and find someone running a loadout similar to yours and figure out what's causing the difficulty.

6. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Thing is... you dont kill the Lich at the 'top' of the tower. Once you kill someone quest related going up said tower you are done and can leave...

Stundorn likes this.
  7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'm talking about the quest guy. Dunno what steroids he took but he was critting me for ~150 when I had maybe 3-400 hp back then. The lich I just gave up and ran away from lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.