1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mata

Mata Avatar

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have concerns about people scripting and botting to insta steal a lot when someone unclaims it.

This happened in Archeage, a lot, based on the many forum posts and videos complaining about it. I don't want to waste my land rush pick on something that I will just lose the moment I try to switch it out.

3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

It would be nice if there was a way to buy a new lot and unclaim the old lot in a single click.

Ancev, KuBaTRiZeS, 4EverLost and 5 others like this.
  4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Awesome job guys!
    Cant wait!

Leelu, Mandalar and Tahru like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

We can do that in-game right now. The problem is that we can't switch out one deed for another instantly, correct?

The process is that you must unclaim the lot, then reclaim it with a new deed. Because it's already claimed you can't just claim it with the new deed.

Miracle Dragon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  6. Sir Frank

I have no idea what's possible in-game. I don't play.

7. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

My two cents is this: knowing that the majority of this community are good-hearted, supportive, caring people, who wish for us all to enjoy the game and have fun; and that those people are the ones who've invested the most into the game and therefore are the ones with the highest pledges and will be choosing first; I will hope that for the most part, they will be seeking to do the right thing and select the best property that suits the station of their pledge, or the one that they wish to hold in the NPC City of their choice, if they wish to use their higher-level deed in a POT.

I like to think most people are good in their hearts - call me naive if you wish. But this is, from what I've seen, one of the best gaming communities I've ever come across. Let's give ourselves credit here, and understand that we're not out to screw one another over. We all want to be happy with our final lot selections, and I'm sure with all the huge new cities going in between now and late summer, there will be plenty of great options to choose from. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, and let's remember we're a pretty cool group! :cool:

8. Sir Frank

I'll reword my statement. It would be nice if we could securely swap/trade plots/deeds either among deeds owned by one player, or to facilitate transfer from one player to another.

Ancev, Svahn, Duchess Fionwyn and 4 others like this.
  9. agra

agra Avatar

Wish granted. ;)
    But seriously, I'll say it first, so I can quote myself later. Unless Portalarium forces in-tier lot selection, this is going to go very, very badly.

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Can they stealth near the lot, though? If not, at least you know who's trying to jack your spot. Just come back and try again later.

11. Drocis the Devious

Single Player Online Mode

You could have a bot running all through the first part of Owl's Head, for example, pinging a few prime houses from now until the end of time. If lot available = claim it.

12. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

The issue I have is alot of people won't be forfeiting their castle lot. Most higher tier pledges also have POTs or a reserved spot in one - that is they already have a reserved space for their castle/keep etc.

I can see alot of people who have a reserved place in a POT, using their deed to get an extremely good shop spot. Once the land rush is complete, swap out the 'main deed' for an add on, then sell the spot later on for cash/gold and thenplacing their main deed in their POT spot (which is'nt going anywhere).

This would'nt be an issue if POTs had'nt been added and gave a lot of people reserved land spots before the land rush.

I fear alot of people are going to lose out.

13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Assuming you have the deeds in-hand of course :)

This is ludicrous.

You want a village lot you go citizen. You want to go ahead of all the citizens, you go Edelmann. You want to go ahead of all Edelmann's you go Knight. You want to go ahead of the Knights you upgrade to Lord. With steps in-between for pledge amounts.

There is no difference between the person who pays an extra 300$ to get earlier selection and the person who pays 600$ more to go ahead of the people who paid $300 - except that they place a higher value on when they get to pick a lot.

We all know this - the lot selection order is determined by two things: Backer Status (Royal Founder, Founder, Benefactor) and amount pledged. Why should someone who upgrades from Lord to Baron not be allowed to settle on a Town Lot if they want?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  14. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

amazing..... simply amazing

Ancev, Duchess Fionwyn and Leostorm like this.
  15. Drocis the Devious

Yes, and that's a significant point. Castle, Keep, City, Town are unlikely to be targeted. But Village and Row? I think there's smoke there. And that's exactly what I want to do with my land rush pick, get a village or row lot.

strabo, KuBaTRiZeS and cartodude like this.
  16. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

Glad to see updated character models and combat animation. That was one thing that was pretty blah.

I always knew it would get polished, just excited to see it happening!

17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The problem with that thinking is that everyone is bad. I can tell you with certainty, I am not selling anything.

tazntaylr, Ice Queen, Acred and 5 others like this.
  18. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Problem is I believe alot of these people won't be settling. It wont be their main residence - where they want to set up a home and settle in. It'll be used as a cash grab...pure and simple - using then power of their pledges to greedily grab the best trading spots by cheating the system, while the people who have'nt got so much cash invested will pick up the crumbs (or have to buy a decent house spot from the high spenders at ridiculous prices).

There is of course a real easy solution to this......during the land rush, any deed you place will PERMANENTLY change to that size, so if you place a castle lot on a village spot, it is changed to that size when redeeded. This would easily solve this problem, however I cant see it happening as too many people would scream.

Looking at the way this problem has been raised numerous times in threads (included the Dev+ threads) and never answered or even acknowledged, unfortunately I don't think Port see it as a issue.

19. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

And neither will I.

I'm a Lord myself and a reserved spot in a POT, so I could fiddle the system if I wanted too, however it just would'nt feel right cheating the system and depriving someone else of a decent housing spot for pure greed.

Unfortunately you're assuming everyone is as moral as you or me....20 years of playing MMOs (including UO) make me realise it isn't so. I do hope I'm wrong, and we wont have high level pledges grabbing prime real estate for profit, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

20. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Here it begins.

Congrats, guys. And good luck.

Ancev, StarTux, Mandalar and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.