1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

Especially if they transfer their current deed to another account before upgrading. Then the deed wouldn't even be ON the account anymore.

2. Baron DragonScales

Baron DragonScales Avatar

I can understand that loosing ALL progress, including Lots that where only available to early backers sucks! People basically donated tons of money "on faith", and this was kind of a Dev reward for those that did so. Character reset/wipe sure. But, Player Assets should not be diminished. Actually, new Players will not be as impacted by all this. I bought into the game prior to the STEAM connection, so really don't think we have any refund recourse available to us.
    I do have a suggestion - I would think some form of remuneration to Early Backers would help calm the waters...?

3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

deeds won't be transferable during r32 as part of this change. We will update text on Monday

4. DarkStarr

We are writing code that will upgrade your existing deeds instead of giving you new ones plus deeds will temporarily be non-transferrable during r32

Elwyn, NRaas, Daxxe Diggler and 3 others like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

To be clear, when we say "deeds won't be transferable" we're talking about account to account, not in-game, right? Players can still trade a deed in-game?

6. DarkStarr

No. I am saying that temporarily during the lot selection (r32) deeds will be bound and non tradeable between characters in game

7. DarkStarr

No one is having any rewards removed

Sara Dreygon, NRaas and Ice Queen like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Makes sense to me.

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. DarkStarr

This is to prevent duplicate deeds

NRaas, Beaumaris, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  10. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Laz is going to blow up your phone :)

11. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I bought a second account recently to transfer that rent free deed to my main account to use during my lot selection window.

12. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@DarkStarr Has there been any more talk about upgrading tax free lot deeds with in-game gold and keeping the tax free status like had been originally talked about in a live stream? I wouldn't expect this until after launch at the earliest so that everyone that pledged for higher lot deed selection would get their spaces but I still feel like it should be allowed. At least upgrading up to City I understand that Keep and LOTM lots are exclusive pledge rewards. If we couldn't get a full upgrade and stay completely tax-free a tax discount would even be helpful. Anyways it would be good if we heard more about this since it's a topic that's not been talked about for a long time.

13. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Thanks now I can go back to drinking and mining in peace!

Leelu likes this.
  14. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

@DarkStarr Seeing as both the wipe and expiration's are on July 27th, prior to last wipe will we be able to melt down our items one more time in order to use the credits against pledge upgrades?

15. Drocis the Devious

I have trouble seeing how anyone could have a problem with this change. I hope before someone freaks out they read through all the relavent posts and comprehend what's going on.

Ice Queen likes this.
  16. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

@Baron Drocis Fondorlatos If that is specifically towards my situation... If I'm misunderstanding please correct me. But if I'm reading this correctly I can't transfer a deed from my character on account B to account A until after the lot selection correct?

17. Drocis the Devious

Wasn't being specific to anyone.

But looking at your situation I would ask why you need to do that if you own both accounts? You can trade the deeds after the land rush. Is it a little annoying? Yes, but it's not impactful unless you're trying to sell the deed to a third-party. You can still claim whatever you have access to claim and put your second character as a trustee during the land rush, then switch out the deeds after.

18. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I don't see the big deal either. Only accounts that purchased a certain level are guaranteed to be able to claim during the land rush. This just closes a current exploit.

At any rate, be mindful of the forum rules when replying, and feel free to give constructive feedback. :cool:

19. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

That is rather convoluted. I was originally planning on claiming a smaller lot i.e. A row lot with a tax free row lot from account B on account A which is a Duke account that doesn't have a row lot deed. So you're essentially saying I have to go thru the process of swapping lots afterward. I'm questioning my purchase at the moment :)

20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

From my understanding, he would like to take the advantage of the lot selection process for not having a restriction on which lot deed can a person use to claim a lot. However, since players can't trade any lot deed until after the selection process is over, he will have to stick on the lot deed that his "main account" (or whichever has on a better priority group) is given until a month later.

So for those who bought secondary account specifically just for that purpose, they will be disappointed. For those who bought secondary account to get an extra tax free lot deed, nothing really change here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.