1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lained

Lained Avatar

I went by the clock on my pc and claimed on the hour.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  2. kalvaer

kalvaer Avatar

Hmm I might have to do that... And I'm taking vacation for the first time in 3 years.. and my lot date is set for the same date and time as my flight :(

PLUS... I pledged pre May20 2013. So the cost for my pledge was less than other Citizens later on.
    However, even though I was one of the original pledges, because they paid more (for being late), they are moving ahead of me :(

3. kalvaer

kalvaer Avatar

Hmmm and its not $25 for those of us who pledged early either.. its 75 to increase... again this doesn't seem right for the loyal early backers or am I missing something?

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Shouldn't those who come later than you be put into the lower group (i.e., benefactor) even if they pay more? Well.. unless they are in the totally different pledge level altogether.

5. kalvaer

kalvaer Avatar

That is what I thought.. so I am hoping somebody could answer this..

ie: for the Citizen tier I see this:

I cant remember that far back to be honest.. But I believe the kickstarter price was originally $500, afterwards it changed to high prices. Unless I completely have it mixed up.

6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Even back in Kickstarter, they said your lot selection group would be based on how much you paid.
    They encouraged people to add more money to their pledge amount to be able to select a lot earlier than those that paid less.
    Order of lot selection has never been based on who pledged first.

7. rild

rild Avatar

That is correct. It can seem counter-intuitive. A similar issue came up when they raised the pledge prices, as some Kickstarter backers felt pricing should be locked in. However, you receive rewards that later pledges do not.

So in order to compete for lot selection with later pledges, you needed to add some to your pledge via a service voucher or other means.

I myself made the mistake of waiting to look at my pledge level -vs- lot selection group, and when I did found out I missed the cutoff for changing groups by a few hours. $100 dollars would have put in competition with 30 people instead of 250, but thems the breaks!

8. kalvaer

kalvaer Avatar

correct, but I still thought it would be locked to each group. I mean if those of us who pledged early in the kickstarter didn't bother, the game would never have started in the first place, and now those who came up in the very end get to place first :(

I'm thinking of that.. and only because after 4 years of waiting... I'm travelling on the exact hour of the placement, but again.. now its going to be $75 for me, instead of $25. Granted I get some things that others didn't because I pledged early, but I still think the system is really skewed. Especially when placement of your lot can mean more in the long run than a few extra bank slots (which will more than likey be able to be bought later on), a plaque and a pet.

Its like standing in the queue for concert tickets and after 6 hours, the guy behind you shouts that he will pay $20 more, and gets the last ticket.

9. kalvaer

kalvaer Avatar

Some where along the line I missed that... Of course money talks.. want loyalty, get a dog.

10. rild

rild Avatar

To clarify using the below example from DarkStarr's post, regarding Lord Marshall:

You can see Royal Founders DO go first.
    RF>$2300 starts at 11, then RF<2300 at 16, then RF=1500 at 21

This is followed by Founders in the same sequence by pledge amount
    F>$2300 starts at 2am the following day, F<2300 at 7, F=1500 at noon

So, the time of your pledge does not push you past other later backers who pledged at a higher level than yourself, but it DOES give you preference WITHIN your pledge level.

Portalarium has handled a very complex set of logistics moste judiciously, imho.
    Regardless, these guidelines have been posted publicly for quite some time, allowing us all bountiful opportunity to bump ourselves up, if we were paying attention.

11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Totally agree @rild. When they first announced the sequence I upgraded because I wanted a better position. Even though I'm an RF backer, I still think this was the best solution they chose. It gives RF backers priority at every pledge level while recognizing the financial commitment of all backers.

rild, Lord Barugon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'll be happy when the lot selection process is over and the whining about it dies down.

13. kalvaer

kalvaer Avatar

Let me guess... you paid more right ;)

Seriously.. I haven't been able to follow everything and the last 2 years have been the busiest time of my life work/family wise. No excuse and tough [removed language, by Berek] on my part for not paying more attention. I wont be able to place at all due to my vacation in my slot anyway, it was most just a shock to see the charts and realised money meant more than loyalty... then again, if I was more loyal, maybe I would have spent more time reading the forums instead of working to pay for the pledge ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
    Baalice likes this.
  14. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Just curious, how does a Knight Founder pledge (village level) claim the only Water Keep Lot in Brittany Wharfs? I was surprised when I saw that.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My house is in a PRT where, so far, I have the only lot claimed.

16. Lained

Lained Avatar

I claimed the water keep lot with my keep lot deed and have temporarily placed the knight founder home, lot deeds are separate from home deeds.

[​IMG]

17. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. For some reason when I saw Knight Founder (village) on the lot stone I thought that was relating to the account level not home type. Nice lot mate. =)

Lained likes this.
  18. djshire

djshire Avatar

Hi everyone, been busy the last few months, haven't had time to look in on this. So then....

It shows my pledge date was 3/20/13. If I read the group listing correctly, I believe I was in Group 1, being that I have the title of Royal Founder in my account (which doesn't list my group). So if I'm wrong, then what group am I in?

So let's say I'm right and I'm in Group 1. Does that mean I can no longer claim a lot? Can I just log in at any time and claim a lot since I was a backer? This is all kind of confusing.

19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Your group is listed both on your account page and in game when you go to claim a property. Once your group has been activated for claiming, you can claim anytime.

NRaas likes this.
  20. djshire

djshire Avatar

so if there's nothing listed on my account page?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.