Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Find the one book in all the world with the specific barcode I require...

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Ayelis, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

1. Title: Find the one book in all the world with the specific barcode I require...
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Might as well be.
    4. Details: These quests are not "just a pain" and they never were. If they were "just a pain", then the original idea of scanning any bookshelf for a book that matched the title would ACTUALLY work. Oh no. These quests were always "mind-numbingly look-up-a-walkthrough tedious". But thanks to the last "put quest items in the main inventory" update, they've actually gotten WORSE. Yes. Worse than "mind-numbingly look-up-a-walkthrough tedious". Believe it or not.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
      - Take the three quests in Ardoris to find books for the seekers of Love, Truth, and Courage.
      - Wander around and find a bookshelf.
      - Scan the titles until you find a title you're looking for.
      - Notice the title says (copy) and doesn't count toward the quest, even though WORD FOR WORD IT IS THE SAME EXACT BOOK. No, you Ardoris Idiots, it's not FAKE NEWS because it doesn't have the right barcode. I know because I've read them both.
      - Wander around and find books laying around in strange places.
      - Scan the titles of these books until you find a title you're looking for that doesn't say (copy).
      - Notice that even if the idea is that they want a book that's "in print" rather than "rewritten from memory by hand", even "A boiled seed cannot sprout", "Don't give up your goodness", and "Kindness in giving creates love" that DON'T say '(copy)' don't show up as quest items in your main inventory. I know because they haven't been teleported out of my 'quest item collection backpack' and turned yellow. So even books that seem as though they USED to count, NO LONGER count, while books like "Truth is rewarded" and "The courageous mother" still do.
      - Notice that now, we players seem to be forced to guess, through trial and error, exactly which item in all the world will match the questgivers' anal choosiness, since even books that aren't copies don't satisfy them. I can only imagine that there are secretly barcodes on the back of the books, except the books' models and textures don't seem to indicate barcodes exist.
      - Please update each and every one of all of the books in the game with barcodes that are different between quest books and the same copies of the same books that are not quest books.
      - JUST TAKE MY BOOKS ALREADY!
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

"Letter from Emily to Quincy" is another one of those "Quest items still living in my backpack", in case you're wondering what else you missed. :rolleyes:

I'm still bitter about this book quest not making any sense.
    It's pretty much like me telling you to go get Star Wars, and then berating you when you come back with the BLURAY because I meant I wanted the ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT. :confused:

3. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

What is the reward for that quest? 1200 experience points for skill development and 250 gold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.