Finding a displaced/lost item?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Olahorand, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

On Saturday I got a founder expert station reward from a friends account through the mailbox system to fill up the gap in the crafting house of my son.
    Claimed it through the mailbox (after taking it removed the message from mailbox) and got distracted by other activities ingame.
    Well, today I wanted to place that station from its bag ... and could not find it anywhere. Not in inventory, not in the bank, not in the few boxes in the house which I touched. And the original owner doesn't have it as well anymore, so now I am clueless what happened.

One time I visited a PvP zone, but this was a peaceful time I had there and I assume if someone would have stolen it, I would see it somehow (the price of the oracle remains silent)? Can the reward bags be stolen at all? Or can they disappear from corpse if you die a multitude of times in PvE?

Is there a way of tracking such stuff down for a player?

Wasn't really a happy weekend for me, after "removing" that darn eternal nightshade plant instead of double clicking it now this.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Solazur and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Today it was visible in the most expected chest, through which I was digging also with and without filters yesterday. So could it be a glitch, that not all items were visible, or eventually personal blindness ... who knows. So I can sleep now in peace ;)

4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It would totally be cool if we could go to the lot sign or stone and get a full list of all the items on the lot and the container they are in. Or, if they are not in a container, whether or not they are inside or outside the house.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm glad you found it. I experienced losing crafting tables several times during home decorating process. Under some weird circumstance, the items would end up either up or down stair from the current floor. It got very tricky especially in some houses that have secret room (e.g., Lord Marshall manor).

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  6. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Glad you found it. I've had that experience many times in SotA, I'm inclined to put it down to human error by me though - it's not impossible there's a technical issue, but in my experience every time it's operator failure ;)

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, I just want to tell you about something that happens to me every so often when I am moving decorations in my multilevel house. My computer is a bit slow and sometimes when I click and then start dragging what I think is the item i wanted to I fined I am actually moving an potted plant on the level below me that just happened to be under the arrow when the computer responded to my click. Very annoying but I have gotten use to clicking and waiting a second before I move the mouse. Maybe one day a faster computer will solve this for me or an internet speed faster than 6mbps.

Anyway @Duke Olahorand I am glad you found your station and you are nice enough to help your son on his setup.

8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Glad you found it @Duke Olahorand I can't count how many hours I've spent looking for stuff I misplaced. I chalk most of it up to "sr. moments" :) Well. except that time ALL the contents of one of my basements shifted into a parallel universe type existence (no I'm not making that up)

remember.. BugZ r Fun

Duke Olahorand and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.