Finished my Coat of Arms how do I submit it?

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Razimus, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

Looks great!

Personally I like the original with more detail better but for SotA purposes I agree with Razimus this will work better.

2. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Well it's probably too late, but thinking of the 1 rune rule... I tossed an R on the hourglass, I always liked the R rune... probably overstepping but I would like this one better.... thanks for the help everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/b3Go3mX.png
    http://i.imgur.com/IieQ1XJ.png

If not it's ok, just kinda like that R rune, seems to tie it together.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

The R does kind of pull it all together. It'll be pretty hard to read shrunk down, though....

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Looks really nice... Dark and Secret Society like :)

I do think it's probably going to look better in the game if they're kept simple.

I know it's a trade off on artistic vision, but probably for the best

5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Yeah it's good as-is, thankx, yeah I was going for a dark theme, hopefully the game will have secret societies in the underworld, I'm the guy that recommended a house made out of skulls during one of the early livestreams last year, I see they never did make that morbid themed house, even a black stone house with a skull here and there would be nice. Anyway I just like skulls, I don't see them as death but as a work of art, but the hourglass was inspired by authentic pirate flags of old, it was a symbol for 'time is up'. I have plenty of family crests with Oak Trees and Eagles and Rampant Lions but I can see getting bored of those sooner than a jolly roger.

Time Lord and tradyblix like this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

The underworld in Ultima V. That was probably one of my single most favorite Ultima experiences.

You finally get the magic carpet. Now you can ditch your horse and fly over rivers... you follow the rivers in the spirit wood, down over the right set of waterfalls;

and booom !!! The underworld. The Graves of Lord British's companions. The Amulet. Mongbats !

The amazing UV Underworld map... Captain Johne. That was truly great design.

So yeah.. I want the Underworld map in this to be extensive. Secret Societies in the Underworld ? Yes !

7. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

Forgive me for just getting up to speed on this, but I'm still not clear on how we submit/reserve a prototype at the college's role....?

8. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

The best way to start is make a thread in this college section with your idea. You might use an online shield/CoA generator to make a rough idea, or you might simply be able to suggest it in words.

(My current avatar, for example, is a roughly generated thing I made online. My actual "official" CoA is still being made...)

One of the volunteer team will use the game's CoA generator (currently hands-off to the rest of us), to generate something for you, and they will register it on the college's Wiki.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

And please visit the locked sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum called "Start Here!".

10. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Corens generator is great, waiting for more icons to be added to the yet short list. There is a link to a tonne of them, are they planned to be added to the generator?
    Charges I think they're called

11. Sir Frank

The intent is to add the charges you find at the college, plus as many more as we can generate, up to our limit of 4000 or so.
    Coren is working on the generator as his work schedule permits.
    Golem Dragon is jumping in to help with the programming, but right now we don't know when they will push an update.

12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Sir Frank, Hello! I have one question. I have not been active in months but is my CoA still viable or do I need to make another one http://soacoa.org/wiki/Avorin_Swiftslay. Thank you sir. *bows*

13. Sir Frank

Welcome back!
    We need to see what the generator will be capable of, but right now I think it's still good.

Lord Avorin Swiftslay likes this.
  14. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thanks for your quick reply!

15. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Close, but not quite ;)

The first point is totally spot on, best thing is to make a thread asking for help designing a CoA and we have lots of capable folks who will trip over each other trying to help you haha ;)

However, the generator is not hands-off.... it's in very early beta. It's right here if anyone wants to play with it; it's just veeerrrrry limited right now... as discussed, there should be a new iteration with more charges and such Soon™. However, what has been happening when people request arms, is not us using some super-secret generator... we've been making them by hand (cause that's how awesome our artists are...) :)

O`Sullivan likes this.
  16. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Well I recently re-did my COA with a bit of changes, tried to simplify it and I felt the hourglass was a bit too big and
    the skull & hourglass too close together, if anyone could please make this an SVG I'd appreciate it, thank you very
    much!

http://i.imgur.com/v4TjdQi.png
    http://i.imgur.com/tQCmJ80.png

Time Lord likes this.
  17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Razimus likes this.
  18. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

19. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Glad to be of service my friend.

Razimus likes this.
  20. Sir Catt

Sir Catt Avatar

I Used the maker to make this (per enarched saltire azure and celeste engrailed bordure sanguine fimbriated tenney scales sanguine fimbriated copper) but not sure what to do with it now ??? lol and actully I would prefure to use my Avitar <------ instead of the scales LOL any thoughts would be a welcome to a noob LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.