Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fire DOT's Ignore Resistance and Defense?

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Garfunkel Humperdinck, Dec 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

12/24/2019 09:55
    Title: Fire DOT's Ignore Resistance and Defense?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    Are Fire DOT's supposed to ignore defense and resistances? I'm noticing that on some enemies with very high resistance to fire/magic that the initial hit with a fire spell will do zero damage, but the fire DOT will burn them down as if they have no resistance or defense. I've been doing some testing, and all I have to do is ping a high level enemy with a fire arrow every 10 seconds or so and they are dead in a few minutes. I can't scratch them with any other magic tree. Even with my Water attunement being 4x that of fire. Obsidian Golems, Reapers, Trolls, Lichs, ect... anything boss like.

I took a long break from the game and this was not possible before. If this is correct, it's clear why fire is op right now.

Edit: The DOT's even work on enemies that shouldn't be attackable. For example: When you stand on something the enemy can't reach, all attacks say zero. But the fire DOTs will still tick off slowly killing the enemy anyway. Also I was able to easily kill a named legendary troll by simply occasionally shooting fire arrows and running behind rocks. My character's fighting ability is mediocre at best and has no business killing that thing.

Steps to Reproduce: Shoot some fire arrows and watch it die.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32661
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1097.Date.12.18.19
    Area: Novia_R8_Swamp02_VerdantisShardfall
    Area Display Name: Verdantis Shardfall
    Loc: (-387.4, 83.4, -15.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfU3dhbXAwMl9WZXJkYW50aXNTaGFyZGZhbGx8fCgtMzg3LjQ0OCwgODMuNDAxLCAtMTUuMDEpfCgwLCAtMC42NDMsIDAsIDAuNzY2KXwtNjI3LjI1NDF8MzEuNjkzNDN8OS4xODM5NTc=

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Numa and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.