Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fire Proof: Worthless

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Traveller13, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I see Fire Proof is still a worthless skill.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I have it at 75, was getting slammed for 200+ points of damage per fireball in Superstition Canyon last night. It's almost as if having fire attunement makes you more vulnerable to fire.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I was also in S.C. I'd placed myself in the cliffs above the control point area and behind a rock. I thought I was safe. I posted a bug in the forum, then went back to game to find I'd been killed. So, the fireballs went through solid surfaces to hit me for an average of 60, with two critical hits at 159 and 163 (or 153 and 169). I am at Fire Proof 80, +40 fire proof (whatever that means).

4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Never tested because i was too lazy, but how much dmg you get with Fire Proof, Douse and Fire Resist Gear?

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I don't have douse or fire resistant gear.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How do you compare this against not having the Fire Proof skill? Also, has anyone reported it as a bug?

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Only the developers know what it is supposed to do. So a bug report can't really be made. I'm thinking that a green mage shouldn't be able to do 160 HP of damage to me, especially with the Fire Proof skill at 80. If I'd known that at the start, I wouldn't have invested anything into it.

Fire mages still tear me up. Archers still tear me up, but that's a different subject.

8. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Yep, I did deep ravens wood, everything was doing more damage to me, but hey, the liches are able to reduce all my damage (sword/earth) by a ton so thats going right.

9. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I noticed this too actually, I am 80+ fireproof and Over 100 fire attunment and even the humanoid firemages at nightshade pass were doing some damage! of course not that much that I would get killed or anything but in alysium mine some mages did some serious damage and killed me a few times this release.

I too am wondering if fireproof is even working as intended! if it is I will certainly get plowed into a bliss in the Rise!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.