Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fire resist change/bug?

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Nikko, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I played yesterday after work for perhaps one hour in Deep Ravenswood... checking out the new "heat" system, and things seemed good for the most part. I like heat, and think there is great potential. I was killing mobs at about the same rate as I was used to, and liking what I was seeing. I really didn't notice anything alarming.

Fast forward to today. I get on and go back to Deep Ravenswood and go fight the undead again. Noticed that I started getting ROCKED really fast, and it seemed like only 3 mobs were around. I killed them all, looked at my health, and saw like 40% missing. This is DRASTICALLY different. I wanted to know what happened, so I started to watch what was hitting me, and how it was impacting me. It seemed like archers were hitting me for the normal amount (not a ton, but noticeable), and the hardened footmen were doing nearly no damage, as usual. Mages, however were absolutely destroying me for 50 to 60 hp per fire arrow, it seemed. Before today, I could sit and have a few archers around, and at least 2 or 3 mages hitting me all at the same time, and I could deal with it as long as I shot them all quickly, and took out mages first. Now, If I have two mages on me and nothing else, I have to be very careful. I am no power grinder player, to be sure, but my character is starting to get pretty robust. I have a little bit of fire attunement, and "Fire proof" at 75. I feel like my fire resist was decent before, and I remember when mages used to do a lot of damage to me when I had absolutely no Fire Proof, and almost no points in the fire tree. I distinctly thought, "I have to work on fire resist," and I spent a lot of time getting that to be more respectable. Not great, but certainly not bad. Now, something changed, and it is horrid.

Has anyone noticed this? Please tell me this is a known bug, and my fire resist is just not calculating anything at all right now. It sure feels like I have regressed in fire resistance by like 6 months...

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.