Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Firefly Change

Discussion in 'Release 47 QA Feedback Forum' started by Cryodacry, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

The firefly change is going to make swords terribly overpowered. The Firefly change will give swords an almost 40 % dps increase.

Of the melee classes

Swords will gain the most by a ridicules margin. Mace will be second and Polearm will be last by a very large margin.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Your order is correct but hard to say how much of an increase it will be. Crit chance also functions as hit chance (as you know the combat calc rolls crits first before any avoidance/miss/etc stuff). So effectively I’m losing 10% chance to hit with this change on bosses. I don’t know if critting harder when I do (also 10% less often) is enough to actually even be an increase in damage relative to live. I think it’s a nerf overall tbh.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you have concerns then you should try it out on QA and let us know the results but I'm pretty sure that this will end up being a significant nerf to swords.

Trihugger likes this.
  4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

To everyone probably, although swords should be less affected than the others per the OP's original break down. Anything that doesn't have built in crit will be nerfed by this one since our crit rate isn't nearly high enough to care about crit damage unless it's a freebie (new bronze for instance).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.