Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First contact feedback

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Gravidy, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Here's some thoughts about the initial experience.

• The mouse sensitivity as massively high, and since by default the camera moves with the mouse the whole screen was an insane mess.
    • Of course, I'm trying to move the mouse to get to the controls button, but that makes everything worse.
    • Finally figured out how to get to controls so I could get the camera detached from the mouse. There should be a choice early on to get away from the default keymapping, since it's hard to get away from it when the mouse is attached to the camera.
    • The 'ghost' shape should be more visible, I thought there was a bug when I couldn't see anything.
    • The text window font is far too small, and it took a lot of time to try and figure out how to make it bigger so I could read it.
    • The text that showed up on the middle of the screen disappeared too quickly to be read.
    • When talking with Arabella, anytime anything new was said that scrolling of the text jumped quickly, and it was difficult to figure out what was the next text. (maybe do something more obvious around what I say, since the player isn't likely to type in walls of text.)
    • Arabella kept talking about things that happened, that didn't actually happen, I assume it's unfinished but maybe just remove it until it there actually are old manifests.
    • When I was done talking to Arabella the font size changed back (ugh, that was hard enough to do once.)
    • When I was done talking to Arabella she kept telling me she needed to talk to me (this is an actual bug).
    • Double clicking on the mirror crashes the game.
    • Help text tells me to gaze into the mirror, which crashes the game. Not very helpful help text.
    Going to post this for now, and may add to it later if the mirror starts working.

Acred likes this.
  2. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Finally managed to get past the crashing mirror...

• The player face construction is fine, but doing it "in-game" feels rushed, and I don't know if I get a change to change things later.
    • Chatting with the oracle robot head feels wrong as I want to look at the fidgeting clacking mouth, but the text is down at the bottom of the screen. Would be nice if these two things were tied closer together.
    • The chat window experience with the oracle and arabella was clumsy and awkward, hopefully there's a better system coming for that.
    • Zooming the window with the scroll wheel is ridiculously slow.
    • Whenever I opened letters and books, they opened in the top-left corner of the screen, and I had to move them to the middle to read them.
    • Edvard said his fighting days were over, but he's clearly a lot better than I am.
    • The help text says I can hit the "j" key to open the journal, but I've changed that keymapping to something different.
    • The text said Charlotte ran off somewhere, but she just stood there cheering as if all was great in the world, and there wasn't a bunch of fire and zombies surrounding her.
    • The text in the middle of the screen isn't useful when there is a bunch of things going on behind it. It'd be much better if it was just in a window, with a (mostly) opaque background and it could be read.
    • The UI for giving Stanley the book is great. It'd be better if I could click on the highlighted text (Edvard's Notes on Solace Bridge) and have it automatically move in the trade window or the filter box.
    • Some of the help text showed up on screen, and some in my chat window. Neither are very helpful.
    That's basically everything of note on the way to Stanley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.