Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First Impression

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by basalisk, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basalisk

basalisk Avatar

The idea of old school is what needs to be brought with you when you start the game for the first time.

Movement needs work as it doesn't feel like you have control of your character. Agro range for ranged npc is larger then melee npcs - seems weird not realistic - jump needs to be an actual jump - removing agro from npcs by jumping on top of rocks was something i experienced 20mins into the game - not a good first impression

Needs a better starting guide/tutorial - add a vendor in the starting area so you feel the reason for looting unless this is a player driven economy and there are no npc vendors than my bad still learning game concepts - add basic crafting stations in the starting area so people can experience basics - may have them create a dagger or staff or arrows. first quest to get the healer to heal the knight - was good but the healer would warp back to the starting spot many times and after three attempts was almost a log out and forget this game feeling.

I persisted, kinda ran around and tried to interact with everything in the area, attacked by wolf - fight it has 1/4 hps runs away - can not run fast enough to catch it so give up start running back (couldn't figure out how to get weapons to switch from ranged to melee - when i did couldn't shoot for first few seconds then ran out of arrows no way to make more)- wolf is back fully healed fight again - wolf runs away again and again - get the point - almost game breaker again - jump up on a rock just to see what happens and bang anti agro game over wolf goes back to position i can move on

I am not trying to be negative just trying to give feed back on my first few hours of game play coming from not knowing about this game at all except through stream - which is the other thing that irked me - steam advertised yet you have to install it outside of steam - many steam games run alpha with at least a steam install to demo

over burdened quick as there is much to loot - but what do i do with it all - no vendors - no crafting tables - no one around to trade - kinda was left feeling what is the point of gathering and looting in the game if there is nothing to do with it and then i just started dumping the crap on the ground so i could walk faster - starting area needs to address this to keep people in the game like a mini game in one area - i would say if someone cant figure out how to use 50% of the game in the first few hours you are going to lose potential subs

anyways the game is still being developed i get this. - if i have more time to test and trial this for a week i think i would have a better understanding of the game - so maybe the next time have a week trial so you can get back better feedback for us casuals -

as i mentioned if i had more time to get all the wants of the game i am looking for in a game i would have probably subbed/pledged - after my little time playing it i am not willing to make that commitment yet

GrayFog, Quenton, Salix and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are new starting areas coming, starting in R41. These areas will have merchant and trainer NPCs, quest opportunities, low level mobs, crafting stations (not entirely sure about that one though) and no player housing.

3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

This is a big one.

When you've got a new character, you're using skills to fight and that uses up XP from your adventurer XP pool. If the mobs are going to run away like this to the point where you want to give up - easy for a new player - then they don't get more XP added to their pool. Then they get stuck because they can't raise skills, then they wonder why they're playing.

4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

And after this area we are back in the grinding mill with ugly player housing and no choices with consequences... What a bummer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.