Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

first impressions

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Vandel, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vandel

Vandel Avatar

1) couldn't find another person and I had no idea how to build a deck or how to move in between zones. maybe this is all to be developed yet, idk.
    2) a little bit of a tutorial wouldn't hurt
    3)I know it's sandbox, but I still had no idea what level a monster was until after I killed it or it killed me.

maybe if I had an experienced player to run around with and get to learn the game more I'd enjoy it, but right now I can't honestly say that I am. ATM it feels like a waste of cash. sorry. I am still logging back in the rest of this weekend in order to find a way to enjoy the game, but first impressions I'm not too sure. if anyone wants to help a noob learn and enjoy the game I'm on EST and I have fairly flexible playing hours except for Saturdays usually(college football).

Thanks!

Vandel

Mata and RDouglas like this.
  2. Margard

Margard Avatar

There is a guide in your inventory that may help

Vandel likes this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

4. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Hello, welcome to the game/bow

At this time my Husband and I are sharing a character.... I may not be able to log in until later today/but perhaps he would log in and help/salute...
    Is this your ingame name? There is a group on Facebook which is managed by a great member here... he took the time to group with my husband and taught him the ropes. There is a wiki as well, but if you want to look for a Rawnie DeDouglas ( type in /zone Rawnie DeDouglas and if he is on you will zone to him) and he could chat you through a few things.... Sometimes it helps to have a live person to help when there is no tutorial/bows in service....

We would like to play the game with the same hospitality of the SCA, and rules..... /wave to all

We tried to /zone vandel..... did't work
    Check back for our Character/toon.... or reply with ingame name please/bow

Gabriel Nightshadow and Mata like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome to the forums Vandel.

Keep in mind that you are seeing combat as it is being developed. Lots more to come.

Mata likes this.
  6. Vandel

Vandel Avatar

Reece Starshooter......i'll try to keep that name. I've deleted the toon once since I didn't know how to customize it the first time around. I accidentally moved around on the map after I zoned out of Bramea(I know that's not right, but can't think of the right name for the starter town) and ended up in Ravensmoor Ruins(spelling?) and that's where I ran into someone who at least told me I had to equip a deck. how do I send a tell to other people. I'd really like to enjoy this game.

Vandel:D

RDouglas and Mata like this.
  7. Mata

Mata Avatar

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks for those links, Mata. The Mad Hermit's video on creating an old style combat bar may help some others too.

The

TheMadHermit, RDouglas and Mata like this.
  9. Mata

Mata Avatar

Your welcome :)

RDouglas likes this.
  10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Welcome.

Don't feel dismayed if you don't know whats going on...you haven't wasted your money yet.

This is a testing system, not really meant to be "fun" yet....fun is a bug at the moment. You have to get used to playing with changing things here if you want to play early like this...when the final game comes out I expect there will be a lot of tutorials.

11. stile

stile Avatar

There are many tutorials and guides.

Id start with the official email that went out titled "Release 9 instructions", and go from there.

If your not registered go to the home page and its under official updates i believe.

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.