1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

First Quarter 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

"creature list will continue to expand with Emps and Chaos Demons"
    I'm guessing that Emps are larger cousins to Imps? And the even larger ones will be Omps and the biggest grandest baddest Imps will be the Umphs.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm a little worried that creatures are called Chaos Demons. I fear it gives the impression that Chaos is tied directly to being evil.

That being said I am *really* excited to see some variety in creatures coming.

3. enderandrew

I know U5 is supposed to have a better looking lighting engine, but how is the performance? It seems like SotA struggles performance wise with each new light source.

Lyran likes this.
  4. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I'm hoping Emps will be "similar" to the Emps in the classic Ultima games!

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Bah light sources isn't the issue, it's all those darned players wanting to see them that creates the issue.

(Joking aside you can see the drain from players but not so much the light sources themselves. During the stress test chess game you could see people having some issues, but during the chess game when I ran around away from other players I didn't have the same issues and no issues at all an hour before the chess game although the light sources as the same. )

6. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Yes :(

7. smack

smack Avatar

Which new Unity 5 features are you considering to leverage? Presumably you've looked at the new global illumination and shaders but can you comment on how much more work that would require?

Tarsin and Sir Cabirus like this.
  8. enderandrew

A full on Unity 5 mega-post might be nice.

9. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Perhaps they might give us a way to access our bank while in the wilds? Perhaps "bags of sending" and "translocation powder" will be introduced?

I see various ways for them to address this without pack animals (that might well die?). Personally, I would enjoy seeing either an 'access bank in the wilds' option or a bag of sending option.

foobard and Budner like this.
  10. enderandrew

If we do get hirelings, you might be able to send the hireling off to sell or bank things.

SWTOR did that with companions and I loved the feature.

11. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

Will there be a test of lot pledges in placement order to test the sequencing system of placement? Or will it be a free for all?

Womby, Mark Johnson and Charli.J like this.
  12. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

How will wipes affect the use of pledge items.. Are all pledge items reset after a wipe up? I am assuming this is the case but just wanted to be sure.

13. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

my hopes and prayers rest on some day the sota gods grant us recall/gate. this map is to beautiful and large. resources spread to far apart and not to mention cities. the time process to gather resources that cant be npc spawned is incredible. granted it should make me rich :) but i am truly going to miss not having the ability to make the most inclusive rune library. I have only 2 disappointments in the the game. 1 the inability to create rune librarys (ie recall/gate) and village water front properties. sadly i wish i had bought a row lot over my village water lot. With that being said i have to admit that i have truly enjoyed myself playing sota. well done i anticipate my children and i will be playing this game for many years to come. thank you

14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Until Launch (or they say the game is live and will never be wiped again) you cannot give or trade away your pledge or store items. This would be, I am assuming, after the land rush.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  15. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Ok but if you remove them from the bank and use them, place them, etc.. when the wipe occurs are all the pledge items reset? Like I said, "I am assuming this is the case but just wanted to be sure." It never hurts to ask.

16. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Good list. Alas still no dropping items everywhere. Oh well, soon™.
    :p

smack and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  17. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

From what I remember, when they were originally going to introduce banks....you could use "/bank" to access it? Not a long-term solution for launch but for pre-alpha? If that's still the plan (and if I remember correctly), we should be fine until they balance out encumbrance.

18. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

They are tied to the account not the character so you should be fine but I imagine we'll learn more as we move forward. :)

19. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Proper spatial (surround) sound would be great! I have this great 5.1 surround sound system attached to my computer, and all I get is stereo, and it isn't even properly balanced for distance and dampening materials... (I've never heard the crackling of a firepit that is outside in the yard on the inside of my home, on the 2nd floor!)

enderandrew likes this.
  20. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

If you remove them and give them to someone else and you get them back then removing them and putting them on your lot would be the same.

Base zero after a wipe after creating a character is your starting equipment and your pledge/account items in the bank.

So no matter what you do with your items, give them away, delete them, use them, place them, whatever - after a wipe you start over with a new character, your starting equipment and all your pledge/account items in the bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.