1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

First Quarter 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Thanks.

2. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Perfect. That's what I thought but just wanted to be sure because everything else that our characters use, gather, buy, etc, is lost when a wipe occurs. Thanks.

3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I love hard hitting facts like this. Sometimes the speculation on the forum gets a bit wild about where developer time will go.

Ravenclaw [BEAR], Chris and Kaisa like this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

If I recall correctly...this will give them the ability to improve water so it actually looks like we are in water instead of no reaction, better capes and cloaks and better hair.

5. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Ok!

My point was more about the 'cost' of developer time and that some community members seem to state in no uncertain terms that (for example) upgrading to Unity 5 will take many months and can't be done for Ep1. I don't get involved in such debates because I'm not knowledgeable enough, and I'd guess that many others aren't either. Chris contradicted the wild guesses about time taken; was my point, rather than "U5 will give us better capes". I feel this is true of many similar topics on developer time costs.

Hope that clears up my previous post.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

No worries, I understood...I was just giving a update on what I think (I think it was Chris) said about unity 5 when I brought up the fact water kind of sucks.

Jatvardur likes this.
  7. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

When will weather and fishing be added?

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

As a general rule we don't like to provide speculative dates on features that are not on the 3 month horizon

9. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I see, thanks for the response :)

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It should be noted these plans prove to be quite flexible. I think every release we've seen something added that wasn't on the plan; likewise we've seen features get bumped down the road.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  11. eriko4ever

eriko4ever Avatar

Hi i new here haven start the game still looking for more information before i start to get a hook up. Looking at this game really bring back the UO days, miss all the old magic(Recall back to town for bank if too heavy after farming) and skill taming/barding/fishing. Will all this skill be in SOTA just wondering?

12. Leviathan Alestorm

Leviathan Alestorm Avatar

Yes, with the exception of 'recall' not being talked about yet

Keira OFaolain and eriko4ever like this.
  13. Tompez42

Tompez42 Avatar

You don't need to carry all of that and in fact I think the the purpose of encumbrance is to prevent you from carrying all of that. It would be pretty ridiculous if you were allowed to mine, chop down trees, and farm mobs for gold/loot while carrying 2 sets of plate armor and 8 repair kits.

14. eriko4ever

eriko4ever Avatar

Thx for the reply, hope all the skills would be back too lol.

Can i ask it is really a must to pledge $45 then can play or i must go to the steam to buy the game to play. Appreciate some answer to help me get started ,:p

15. Leviathan Alestorm

Leviathan Alestorm Avatar

You can play it from the SotA launcher or Steam. I recommend buying it from the SotA website though, even if you want to play the game from steam (as you get a steam key with your pledge)

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. eriko4ever

eriko4ever Avatar

So yr suggestion is i buy from SOTA for the pledge $45 which let me have early steam access key too. After go steam and install SOTA i can be started to play ? Am i right to say that ? Srry for the trouble leviathan Alestorm.

17. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

Yes, you can pay for your pledge on SOTA and then link your account to your existing Steam Account. When you do this, the game will be in your Steam library and can be downloaded and played from Steam. There is even a video explaining the process:

DavenRock [MGT], Womby and Mata like this.
  18. Mata

Mata Avatar

Many thanks for your time to answer our questions!

royalsexy likes this.
  19. Logain

Logain Avatar

Any idea yet on how we would select the Unity 5 / Unity 4 build? And is the Unity 5 build going to run on the same server backend (can we get out tour hat there and meet/help people on the Unity 4 build)?
    Can we please, PLEASE have a Steam Achievement posting in advance and discuss possible Achievements? I'd ~hate~ to see the usual dumb kill 50 skeletons, get level 10, have all skills maxed achievements on a good game like SotA.
    Are you going to begin implementation of the crowed sourced translation in R16, or are you going to get an inXile page set up and running by that date? I'd like to join and don't want to miss out.

Nice feature list! I hope at least 25% of what you planned makes it into the actual builds and I'd already be happy ;)

Mata likes this.
  20. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Because you can't port Unity 5 assets back to 4, once they make the switch they won't be looking back and maintaining two clients at once. We'll all just get the Unity 5 client when it is ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.