Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First thoughts.

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Catprog, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catprog

Catprog Avatar

I got the courage path and spent a lot of time wandering the town trying to find the key.

The spell I was looking to get in chaos is gone (shapeshift). Is it gone for good or will it be back?

2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The key is on a body next to the well... its not "on the wall" as you might have caught from the first npc... unless the whole scene is "the wall"...

I also searched how to get up on the wall for hours...

You have to do a anti-virtuous act of looting that body in order to embark on the path of virtue. The path of the Avatar is often made of contradictions...

The shapeshifting spell will probably be back when issues with the rendering gets fixed :)

Moiseyev Trueden and Andaluz like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Rob a key off a corpse to set the Avatar free to bring virtue to the land? A tiny price to pay for civilization at large.

Now about all of the corpses with gold coins.......geesh. Why not just make it gold teeth that we can loot from those corpses, so the Oracle's point about that looting is made even more clear?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

wahaha... I like your mindset :)

The game is asking me to be myself, well you can bet I searched for hours on how to blast the damn door open without having to feel dirty for looting a fallen comrade.

The observer affects the observed, so I didn't want to disapoint the oracle there...

I would've even set myself on fire if I could and waited until the door burned down :p

5. Catprog

Catprog Avatar

I eventually found it. (the problem was the key was not on the body at first.)

6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

There may be a small case to be made that looting items of value off a corpse is anti-virtue. One thing is for sure, you can not do harm to a corpse, nor can you insult him or other wise make him feel worse, or feel at all. The items of value may be the due for heirs of the corpse. Thus if there was any chance a relative or heir of the corpse would be claiming the valued items, then perhaps it would be anti-virtuous to pocket them. However, would it be anti-virtuous to perform an autopsy? Would it be anti-virtuous to take the corpse shirt to use as bandages for yourself? In this case, taking the key seems quite OK to me. There would be a slight virtue issue if you took the pocketbook too.

royalsexy and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I only took the key, and the oracle was clearly insulting me in saying that I despised the virtue of love because of it.

She also said what you said... that he would probably not feel anything but his next in kin would probably try to kill me.

And even more she had the arrogance to tell me to come see her every week to be insulted freely without any ability to reply exept to reveive generic NPC replies like "Huh?" "if you say so."

Why does she even reply...

Aldo and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

Placing a coin (Obol) on the corpse's mouth should be enough for the passage. It may be virtuous to leave one coin left behind.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  9. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

OMG that is hilarious. The real reason looting the bodies is wrong is it denies the ferry man his coin for the soul of the dead. From now on, evil looter that I apparently am, I shall leave 1 coin in each corpse so the souls can get proper rest.

John Markus, Aldo and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Of course it was easy to blast the vertas pass HUGE door open with my little sword... but this little half-destroyed door couldn't be opened without a key :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.