Fishing Baits, they need an explanation and a look into.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Here are actual fishing data numbers doing a a sample size of 100 fishing attempts in a single area. My character was always moving to a new fishing spot. I also replicated going through the same path with the second attempt. For the math people, here are the numbers. I chose the following location basically because they have a LARGE area to do fishing in where I can keep moving to new areas while fishing. With 100 Fishing and 80 Saltwater Fishing, locations had around 60 - 65% Chance (some were occasionally lower 50's).

Fishing Skill: GM 100 Fishing
    Satlwater Fishing: 80
    Bait Recovery: 90
    Blessing of Spirituality: +5 Fishing
    Blessing of Humility: +8% Water Fishing Bait Recovery Chance
    Equipped: Pax Ring: +33.3 Water Fishing Bait Recovery Chance

Fishing Batch 1
    ---------------
    November 13 563
    Water Type: Saltwater
    Start time: Dusk
    Duration: 100 fishing attempts
    Approximate time for 100 fishing attempts: 1 Hour 8 minutes

Bait used: 100 Red Worm
    Fishing Pole: Fishing Rod (With 100 Durability)

Total Number of fish caught: 59
    Total Number of clothing caught: 6

Number of Trophy fish caught: 8
    Number of regular fish caught: 46
    Number of bait fish caught: 5

Number of bait used: 37

Fishing Batch 2
    ---------------
    December 8 563
    Water Type: Saltwater
    Start time: Dusk
    Duration: 100 fishing attempts
    Approximate time for 100 fishing attempts: 1 Hour 14 minutes

Bait used: 100 Minnows
    Fishing Pole: Fishing Rod (With 100 Durability)

Total Number of fish caught: 55
    Total Number of clothing caught: 9

Number of Trophy fish caught: 5
    Number of regular fish caught: 46
    Number of bait fish caught: 4

Number of bait used: 32

Weins201 and Alioth like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Fishing bait does need more clarification along with recipe work. No one understands it really. When asked we don't have much of a clue to explain it to others.

Also imo It is ridiculous to have a rare food like that due to the fish being rare. We should have some decent 2 and 4 hour fish foods. The cooking thread is interesting too @Bzus. Cooking needs some love too. Like enhancing food kind of like masterworing woul be awesome and is needed. Maybe you get the ability on choosing the cooking specialization. Please, please.

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I really do not understand why Portalarium does not address the vague bait descriptions and seemingly useless bait types (among many other things that seem to be going un-addressed)
    If they addressed these issues it would make fishing way more fun.

So, I suggest:
    1) If not already done, make the various baits actually have an effect.
    2) Clearly Define the relative success of each type of bait in the hover-over info window
    3) For the daily fishing bonus cities, I suggest doing this: Have a random bonus bait that increases chance of catching fish (for example, bonus bait could increase the chance to catch a non-rare fish by 3-5%, and the chance to catch rare fish by 0.5 to 1%). The bonus bait would change daily. And when you ask the town crier or fishing merchant about rumors, they would tell you not only the 2 current cities where fishing is best, but also the random bait type that is working best in those cities.
    This would make the bonus fishing way more fun. You could expand this to all fishing spots, so the best bait changes on a daily basis for each fishing spot (this may be too complex, but perhaps the 10 main npc fishing areas - 3 salt, 3 freash, 3 fetid, and 1 lava could have random best bait each day).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Spoon likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The daily fishing cities are for one thing, Pacu, they are a special fish only caught in those locations. Port used very poor wording in calling it a Bonus. It was just s Special Rare fish. But they wanted to be coy, as usual misleading.

Anyhow players just need to stop thinking of it as a Bonus, and left as is.

All they need to do is Explain, or investigate and actually F I N I S H the skill, food, trophies , . . . . as it stands now it is just another implemented 1/2 arsed mechanic.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

With the info and updates they have provided since fishing updates happened november/december last year, im betting it ggot pushed to low priority

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.