Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fishing NEEDS to be fixed

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I fish because fishing is relaxing... fishing isn't relaxing when I constantly have to move.

-1 to moving while fishing... plz fix.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Uh fishing even for real you have to move or you will fish a place out, at least to catch anything. Of course you can sit in one place and "fish" all you want but eventually you wont catch anything. And some times you even have to move to find the fish.

Soo not broken at all sorry :-(

stratigos, Retlaw and Miracle Dragon like this.
  3. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Maybe fishing outside a 'node' should have just a really small percent chance.. That would be realistic, and the eventual bite while sitting and drinking would be really cool.

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'm okay with this but the way it is now it takes a worm every 5 seconds and if you don't move it drops to less than 1% chance in less than 5 minutes... so... it sucks.

Albus, Sheriff and Miracle Dragon like this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Also, as someone who liked fishing with my dad... we always fished from a beach or a dock and we never moved and we always caught stuff... so the theory you have to move to fish is just silly...

6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Moving existed in UO, it'll exist here. It's the only logical way to avoid scripting, macro bot overkill botters. But I wouldn't be against a relaxation version of fishing where you don't get gains from it. Otherwise, moving is too logical anti-farming-wise.

7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

When you make a game simply to not be botted you're missing out on making a fun game. WoW fixed this with not allowing you to target and requiring you to interact with the bobber. I'm fine with that. I was actually bummed that I couldn't fish from the "/sit" position on the side of my docks because I know they already have rigging separated from upper and lower body so I figured it would have been possible.

I'm 100% for not making a game easy to bot but when you make it suck to fight botting then just scrap it.

It's like a store that locks up all their stuff and has no one there to unlock it. I'm sure you've been there before. You got to buy something but can't because you can't find anyone with a key to get it. "We have to lock it because of the thieves." is what I get told. I understand 100%. I'm not against that. But there are better ways. Personally, in my computer store that I own, I don't have anything locked and I just put 5 security cameras on my shelves and huge "you're on camera" signs and everyone left my stuff alone for years.

There are many ways to fight against botting and making someone walk like this is, well, not my cup of tea. Fishing, to me, is something that is a social enjoyable activity and I don't remember it being great fun in UO. I remember it being great fun IRL and in WOW. Don't hate me for saying that because it might have been great fun in UO I just don't remember it being fun. Anyway... just my feedback that I think having to walk as frequently as I do is silly and frustrating.

Albus, Sheriff and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Same is true for me Violation, my father and I would fish on a Friday night from the same dock and there would be fish caught. It is the fish that move! It's not a fish bowl.

Albus, Peabo, Sheriff and 1 other person like this.
  9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Good memories! Can't wait for my kids to get a bit older so I can make some of these types of memories with them :)

Albus and Sheriff like this.
  10. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

If I remember correctly, WoW required you to walk around and find the 'nodes' to fish out of. Legend of Zelda, has had some good fishing, where the fish were actual NPC's swimming around under water, and you just needed to plop the bait within range of their pathing.
    Minecraft has the best fishing I've seen, where you can fish anywhere the water is deep enough, and you have to interact with the bobber at the right moment to successfully catch something. That's about how I hope SotA works.

11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Minecraft was great, exactly.
    Wow didn't require pool fishing ... it required pool fishing to get specific types of fish. I personally didn't spend my time fishing in pools because I didn't care for those specific fish... I just wanted to do something to pass time so I would sit on a dock and fish while waiting to kill someone from the alliance faction that walked past... spent a lot of time doing this. Did it back on southshore, did it into wrath in the dalaran skycity and would track the alliance people who would mount and fly out of the faction neutral protection. In UO I was a pker. I killed every alliance faction person I could because they were all my enemy. No faction here so fishing, for me, would be a lot different. It would be like it was in Minecraft... a pastime that's fun because I want to do something that is mind numbing and easy and likely chat with my buddy while he does it with me.

Albus, Woftam and Miracle Dragon like this.
  12. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Indeed you had a greater chance for a particular species if fishing within the nodes for WOW but it wasn't necessary.

13. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I'd love Minecraft fishing here.

Can I fish up a power V, infinity bow? Please:D?

Violation likes this.
  14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I just realized that the macro argument is invalid... that's why we have experience pools :)

If someone wants to macro through their experience pool it should be allowed... they earned the experience. My two cents: macros aren't what kills a game... unchecked game systems that have to be macrod and give some sort of benefit to macroing kill it. If the experience pools are regulated properly then macroing won't give any benefit beyond standardized usage and progression.

15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Flame II!!!

16. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

NOO!!!!! It's bad - can backfire and catch you on fire:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.