Fishing: Success and Failure at the Same Time

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Traveller13, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

This has happened twice to me now. Once in R61 (bug report, no reply) and now in R64. I'll post it here for more exposure.

I've twice now had both success and failure while lava fishing. The first was during the lava fishing contest in Oracle Colossus during the one live stream. The other was the other night in the tiny lava fishing hole in K'rawl. The harvest circle turned green at the end of the cycle. The word "Success" was displayed. That was followed by "You caught nothing." What's going on? It better not be a Mosasaur was rolled and it was taken away. At least give me asbestos cloth gloves.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

:p You successfully caught nothing... :p

Sounds like most of IRL fishing where the lure pack is less important than the six pack.
    ;)

FrostII likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

how are you fishing n the krawl I have yet to find a spot in there that worked I will of course look again now but.
    \
    also this is why there are bug reports and formats for them as I could see where and devs can look at logs.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

While in game, where this is happening, type /bug in the chat window and paste that information in a post on the bug forum . It automatically copies that information to your clipboard.

If you see this happen again, be sure to report it.

FrostII likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, the way it currently works is that when the fishing timer is completed its always a "success", even if you don't catch anything.

Probably because this was inherited from other harvesting routines, where whenever the harvesting attempt is a failure, it breaks in the middle of the process. This is something they have to fix.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Found the volcanic Tavern but have not had any errors yet :-(

I did Catch a Small Aligator Gar in the water under the trellis on the way in ;)

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

There is a small lava pool off to the left of the bridge that links the west side of the map to the east. I hop off the rail car at the east end then run back into the water and up the hill to the pool. It is surrounded by fire elementals.

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Found it thanks I have been here a while and no glitches yet. :(

FrostII likes this.
  9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

If I apply a rate, it is 1 in 500 or more. If it is as Redfish states, then it's all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.