Fishing update we all want to see

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Proteus Tempest, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@DarkStarr

The great and postponed (I think 3 times now) fishing update.

What is the latest news on this and is there a projection of when we can see this in the future now that we have gone live?

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    They did update the bobber to a high visibility bobber a while ago...

4. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I'm guessing fishing is going to be "feature" of Episode 2. It's a shame that it has been postponed so many times as it's something that most people really want right now and perhaps should have been fully in at launch. I personally can't wait to bait my hook and catch a MIB :)

5. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

I was looking forward to fishing so many times - and it was "postponed" just as often ... nowadays it isnĀ“t even talked about except for the occasinal player thread asking for it ...

sad

*looks at his Fishing GM, Prosperity Fishing Pole in hand*

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It has never been stated to being postponed until episode 2. It should come in this release instead of or along side new scenes. Episode two has lots of things listed as coming. If we throw a bunch of episode 1 carry overs to it just imagine;).

7. Elay

Elay Avatar

I really hope so, I've been looking forward to having a proper fishing element for ages. - it's surprising how something that is a relatively small thing can become so important to you.. especially when it's not available!

8. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I think they said its tied in with a general water update. That might have included scene continuity with water used, splashes, (swimming?) and fishing.

But time will tell!

I just hope one day there will be duck diving and cave exploration. or even clunky/steampunk submarines one day!

Proteus Tempest and FrostII like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The water in Penmawr is fantastic looking now! Go swim by the ship out by the starting area during the afternoon, and then rotate the camera up directly above you and zoom out. Wow!

10. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Fishing in UO with treasure hunting, boats, sea serpents, fishing up treasures, special fish etc etc exploded into something very exciting and fun for people. It really became an alternative to the hunting grind. I can't wait for it to happen here and be even better.

I read somewhere that underwater swimming would be in game one day or at least the devs would try for it. This means underwater ruined cities could be a reality. We would need a breath underwater spell for the spell tree.

FrostII, Elay and majoria70 like this.
  11. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

This is the post, reposted by @DarkStarr I'm guessing, outlining a few things on fishing expansion.

Navigable Ships: Boats that can move around in water of multiple sizes. This includes boats previously marked as either decorations (ex. Longboat) or homes (ex Pirate Galleon)
    • Ship to Ship Combat: Be able to shoot cannons and catapults and other ranged weapons between ships
    • Sea Monsters: Creatures that can be fought at sea either while swimming, from shore, or while on ships.
    • Ocean Scenes: fully oceanic scenes including random encounters while taking boats between destinations.
    • Underwater Swimming: Ability to swim under water

majoria70 and Montaigne like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

except if this is what @DarkStarr says is that fishing is on the schedule, it does not mention fishing. It is water sports not upgrades to the actual fishing system we have, no fish recipes, bait types, fish lore, and different fish found in different locations of the world such as cave fish, brook trout, shark, minnows, flame fish, poisonous fish, fish caught in ice, lakes, rivers, cold water, warm water and that they may prefer different bait and maybe a fish may prefer different bait at certain times of the day.

Also some fish may need a heavier fishing line or special fishing pole or they will break our lines or our pole. Perhaps you have to hit the space bar to reel them in at a certain time and perhaps sometimes you catch a large crab or turtle or some type of aggressive fish that comes after you and attacks you and sometimes you. We may have to make choices to catch those fish. Now this would be a fishing update.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

True.

We made quite a list of suggestions.

majoria70 and FrostII like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@DarkStarr @Lord British
    And are we proud of our fishing system? Do we say hey lets go have fun fishing? The only fun about it would be "us' and if we joke around enough and just pretend some more then perhaps it could be a fun time but I'd say that is only effective for some players some of the time and perhaps for only a little while. IMO Other players and really I'd say all players just want to see the actual update.

The system itself is deficient and that is what is true. The good things about it are well the fishing pole looks great and the reeling animation is good and the way it hits the water and the bobber, so we do have a good beginning but please lets continue on. We keep stopping at the basic place holder systems as in the cooking system, the agriculture system, and more.

But instead of getting our core systems updated we must just have another new scene and i'm not saying anything against new scenes I love to explore them too but really are we going to take care of the core systems of this game and make them special, make them shine and soon?

edited

edited again

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Gorthyn and FrostII like this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I just hope that when the do finally get around to it, that they take their time and incorporate some of the good suggestions I've seen here...
    Do it right ! :)

16. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

My husband is going to turn into a skeleton with a fishing pole soon waiting for the Fishing update. And about those ships finding MiBs...

majoria70, Barugon and FrostII like this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

From your lips........ to Port's ears..................................... ;):)

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.