Fishing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Sep 17, 2018.

?

Whats your opinon on fishing

1. Yes, they should devote a ton of valuable resources on more fishing in SOTA

50.0%
  2. No, there are vastly more important things these resources should be spent on.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

what a constructive and non-biased thread.....

I Voted yes, even thought i doubt i will touch fishing. Because its more content. ( And the fact that its already done, so this entire thread is 100% irrelevant )

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well i would like to point out that starman HAS a point.
    I don't like the way the question is aksed but the quesation is valid.
    Sometimes things get focused in a way that seems off to a couple of players (i9n this case roughly 54%).
    But mind you, it's not like the 54% that voted "no" could agree on where the focus should be shifted ^^

Cordelayne and kaeshiva like this.
  3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

No, the question is invalid, because if you go and take a look at the Daily posts about what the different devs are doing, you can clearly see that it hasnt been " a ton of resources " put into fishing.

Proper question would be " Should portalarium put effort into fixing current content before addin new ones? " . THAT question i would agree to has a huge and valid point :)

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I mildly disagree because i think fishing is possibly the most unnecessary content i could come up with for a game. But that's personal taste. Hence, phrase the question however you like. He has a point. The point is: why is fishing more important than x. Or better why is y more important than x.

Arradin likes this.
  5. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

As i said, when i look at the daily meeting logs, i see them doing a bit of both X and Y.... Maybe you mean Z is more important?? :D

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I hope there will be more then just fishing, hope they make it so we can fight some of the fish, like sharks etc... this would add more variety of mobs, rather then the same ole same ole land ones. Would be nice to be able to also fish off a row boat... etc

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

You can fish off a boat now! If you have a boat.. ^^ Only in scenes where player boats can go of course.
    [​IMG]

Be nice if you could have a deployable one in adventure scenes or something.

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Add under water swimming to that list and hunting crabs with a spear!

Chatele and craftymethod like this.
  9. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I could care less about fishing in this game, but the devs should do it. They have constantly made promises or lead people on to ideas they plan to implement in order to keep donations and purchases coming. Unfortunately, the majority of the promises weren't really delivered to people's satisfaction in my opinion. I'm not saying the devs are dishonest but their dreams aren't realistic at times.

I remember listening to a live stream regarding cooking and how they were going to have specific nutrients on each food and it will affect stamina, casting, etc.. All I could think is are they even playing their game? The combat is dull and there isn't much fun to the game.

Implement the fishing system you discussed and in the future be more realistic with your ideas.

Just my opinion.

Humbert Humbert

Arradin and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

While I do agree that 4 years ago was indeed early access (I started playing at R9)

I do find it interesting that I was able to craft a fishing pole pre-release, but not after?

What I really want is a filled out crafting system (agriculture - fertilizer at the least), fishing (more depth and related quests)

Crafting quests are overlooked in general, beside the new user quests in Soltown.

I have nearly 900 hours on Steam and 100's before I linked my account - nothing compared to some here; but, depth of all systems are needed.

You can build a great house, but if it is barren and unfinished people won't see it for what it is worth.

I feel if they fill out the content it will provide more incentive for people to play, then address balance.

Re: OP, how can the devs balance incomplete systems? It is all interconnected.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Last week a newer player told me he was introducing his wife to the game, but she's heavy into crafting and due to a lack of any crafting quests and crafting direction, quit pretty quickly.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes I know players who have quit over this too but many other reasons too. Lack of crafting quests and any other reason to do things. An in game achievement system was truly needed for this game that tracks our progress and rewards us for them. Things like visiting every scene, killing every creature, eating every food, climbing every mountain etc, just goals but larger goals too. It could be pvp kills as well that are being tracked.

13. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I have not cast a vote as both options are too extreme for me.

What I will say is that yes I am very frustrated in the things the Devs seem prioritise when there is so much core stuff either incomplete or still missing from the game entirely. I could easily come up with a substantial list of things I would consider to be of much higher priority than fishing right now.

However....

This is a sand box game which by definition should have many diverse things to do and cater for an equally diverse player base. So am happy that fishing is getting it's revamp, heck I will probably even give it a go and who knows may even find I really enjoy it ! I do hope it will lead to treasure hunts etc in due course too.

I also really hope and indeed expect the Devs to start completing/enhancing or creating all the half baked or missing systems we currently have with equal diligence and effort over the next few releases !

14. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That's what I meant about row boats, ones you can place in any body of water that is deep and fish off it, and it moves of course...

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Ohh I know. @Chatele
    I'm only pretending up there ^
    I'd like a deployable boat...like a gustball..that I can drive. ^^

Belladonna Rose and Chatele like this.
  16. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Sure would be nice, wouldn't it.... Crossing all fingers and toes and then some :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.