Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fix Buffs before R47 Please and Thanks

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by The Banker, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Please buff these spells to 15 min+ durations for R47

List of spells (add to this if I forgot any)
    Glancing Blow, Inner Strength, Dodge, Evasion, Defensive Stance, Passive Stance, Berserker Stance, Reckless Stance, Fortify Defenses, Aetheric Feedback, Shield of Ice, Shield of Crystal, Shield of Air, Instrument Buffs

Having to stop fighting every 4 min so you can lose a whopping 40 focus and 5 seconds of casting time is an utterly pointless, tedious, annoying exercise.

Other spell durations have already been increased and it is clearly an improvement.

It would take 1 person a trivial amount of time to go in and change the values and you would get a lasting effect that makes combat more enjoyable and less tedious for virtually anyone playing this game.

Quite frankly having to pull out a flute every 30 seconds in the middle of combat is ridiculous

2. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

and add more gold to my account while you are at it. it is pointless for me to have to play the game for hours just so i can buy things.

3. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

That feature is already in the game.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

well Im sure @Chris would give you 15 mins as long as you dont mind a penaltiy - thats how the other skills got longer.. penalties.. I dont need more penalties thanks Im squsihy enough without finding my hp/focus/int/dex/str whatever or armor taking major hit so you can have 15 mins buffs.. that were supposed to be short temporary boosts..

Paladin Michael, Barugon and Mac2 like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No, thanks.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

nope I dont want more penalties so Im good with 30s :p

Paladin Michael, Barugon and Mac2 like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Odd that you mention Dodge and Evasion yet you omit Camouflage and Silent Movement.

I say this because I heavily rely on Dodge and Evasion and I find their duration and cooldown to be pretty solid. Especially after they managed to fix the bug where those buffs would preemptively vanish.

On the other hand, the stealth skills have different cooldown if they’re used in or out of combat; forcing me to enter a combat stance to apply stealth when I shouldn’t have to.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

nothing to fix working just fine , keeps players playing the game not so much gaming the play . . . .

They really need to stop looking at ways that keep heading towards simple players sitting there doing nothing and letting key strokes play for them.

they should have never gone the way of the locked / stacking as it is . . . . . .

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Part of being a good player is the ability to keep your buffs up, making them too long will just equal more players having a buff deck allowing more damage skills on the main combat bar. I do not find it hard to look at my buffs and hit a button to refresh it.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was agreeing with you. I'm happy with how it is.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  11. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Whatever the intention, these skills are not currently designed for or being used as a temporary boost.

Since you don't seem to be aware, the current durations only encourage people to macro keystrokes and who can blame them?

There is little to no decision making when casting these spells. Just a matter of how much time has elapsed in combat.

Spells that silence a mage mid-cast require players to play the game. Spells like Glancing Blow encourage people to make a macro.

Casting appropriate spells at the correct time makes a good player.

Almost all of these spells are cast regardless of the combat situation just to maintain a bunch of stats.

Who the @$%@ wants to sit there like a robot casting the same spells repeatedly every 2-4 minutes rather than making meaningful tactical decisions?

Boosting the durations on these spells removes a tedious aspect of combat for the time being.

While some people might object now, let see how many are complaining once they realize they don't have to spam the same crap over and over and can do other things with their time.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Totally Awesome that all three counters to your whishes, where each of their own rights valid and explained, just not what you wanted to hear so you ARGUE your point again . . . .

We see you want to be able to buff these spells as if they are devotionals or innate skills - (( wait there are already those out there )) . . . . . .

We all fully understand Y O U R wish, but we do NOT agree - that is the point of a forum, no matter how much you think something should be, others might not. Once each side makes it point it become an argument from then on, not a forum - - -

Peace -

Done here

Mac2 and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
  13. Gix

Gix Avatar

That would be true if they didn't have a focus cost or if there wasn't a GCD. You could argue that they should increase the focus cost to compensate for a longer duration but that would actually encourage people to use them outside of combat rather than during... and the people that would cast them outside of combat would just regen their focus back.

If it's just a matter of increasing duration without changing focus cost, then you might as well make the buff permanent.

14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

We should just make the game playable by mashing 2 buttons, like an old school joystick arcade. Then the game will be easy.

Mac2 likes this.
  15. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

I highlighted ADDITIONAL problems with the current durations that people are pointing out

As far as Devotionals / Innates, seems like that's what they already are. Only instead of visiting a shrine or dumping skill points, you cast them every few minutes.

Same passive buffs you find on your armor. Pointless skills adding nothing to the value of combat.

Not sure where the decision-making comes into play. Focus costs / GCD are trivial.

To give you an example

Water Shield - 4 min buff - 5 focus cost
    Glancing Blow - 2~ min buff - 2 focus cost
    Defensive Stance - 2 min buff - 0 focus cost
    Inner Strength - 3 min buff - 3 focus cost

4 minutes of overwhelming defense, stat boosts, elemental resistance for 15 focus

Seems like an auto-cast to me

The game already IS playable with 2 buttons

And you only need to mash 1

lol

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

When I'm fighting bosses, I have to keep an eye on my buffs, if one or 2 buffs fall, I die, and I do not like to die. This adds challenge and keeps me aware. If all my buffs lasted longer then the fight would, there is no challenge, I just buff up, go into the fight, win the fight. Then there is the whole pvp aspect, where watching your buffs and your opponents buffs are critical.

And your idea about macroing, well, your idea makes it even easier as they will not need to buff as often, or at all. I fail to see how your idea makes it better.

Why do you want buffs increased in time if the game is already playable with one button for you? Spamming your one button got to hard?

Alley Oop likes this.
  17. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Look at the so called challenge you are describing.

You are fighting a boss and the challenge is keeping your self-buffs up. According to a timer. Otherwise you'd just faceroll it.

Wtf kind of combat is that? Same goes for PVP.

Should the challenge not be coming from casting spells like Douse, Cure Poison, switching stances, Stun, Silence etc. maneuvering on the battlefield. + a dozen other tactical decisions based on what the boss is doing and what's happening in combat rather than what is happening with the duration of your Glancing Blow?

Buffing the durations of these skills finally removes this ridiculous timer-driven form of maintaining defense so that something better can be put in it's place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.