Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fix corpion claw drop rate

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Currently a corpion may drop 0-1 claws. However, corpions clearly have 2 claws, so the drop rate should be 0-2 claws. ;)

2. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

This is a problem with a lot of mobs. They don't drop all the equipment they attack you with...

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Ever hear of breakage? In the case of something that has to be skinned to get what it is "carrying", the item you desire (a claw in this instance) either not being up to your standards for collection, or having been too severely damaged (either in the fight, or due to your ineptitude or pure bad luck as a skinner).

Mobs will RARELY drop everything they are carrying. If they did, you'd have to have enough people on the dev team to figure out what to do with it all, without it flooding the economy with gold or the world with trash.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Thus the reason I specified 0-2, not always 2. I routinely get 2-3 poison glands per corpion (atm, I have 16 corpion claws, 73 corpion poison glands, and 19 corpion tails). There's certainly only one tail, yet I have more of them than claws, which seems a bit off.

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I hear ya, the upper limit should be 2. But the claws will still probably be more apt to be damaged in combat, or just plain not "meet standards" for some reason? ;)

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I don't think with the current system we have to worry about anything flooding the economy. It's all gonna end up as wood or metal scrap

7. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

If the global economy can't handle more than the table scraps of loot we get from many mobs / bosses these days, then it is already broken. I don't think anyone (well maybe a couple out there) want a full inventory drop, but we want to feel rewarded for overcoming our enemies. I don't want some cultists undies or the ticks off of the corpions hide but I have been disappointed several times when I was able to defeat a single enemy from a difficult area just barely and when I went to claim the spoils of my hard work... I got 5 gp and that is it. Less loot than enemies I could kill by the dozen drop. These are the little disappointments that eventually take their toll.

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, but this game doesnt' work like that. All the best gear is sold by players. We never really got it dropping or items becoming unique in the way I thought it would work unfortunately.

Now, having said all that, there are some cool things in drops very rarely. One time I got a ring of chrysopeia, which is pretty expensive from player vendors. That was nice.

Another time I got a set of cloth split tabard gambeson armor. that's a nice set that's a bit rare, at least I'd never seen it. I use it now as my town clothes when I'm hanging around town.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I kill dozens of scorpions, and the claw is the third lowest drop rate (after suet and aortic thrombus or whatever). I get like 15 suet, 15 aortic thrombus, 35 corpion claws, 60+ tails, and 130 poison glands... So I think it's rather clear the drop rates are really off. They only have one tail, and it's a big target, but I get about 2x of them compared to the claws (which there are two of)? And an over abundance of poison glands (wouldn't those have been damaged by my piercing arrow shot? ;) ).... etc. I don't think logic goes into this much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.