1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68713] Performance issues still there for RTX cards

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Saevio Vehemens, May 28, 2020.

1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Tagged it for reference since I was looking to see if it was still happening and Ravalox was looking for feedback in his post above:

2. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Thanks - yeah I think that was answered so we're waiting on a fix I guess ;)

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Some notes on this issue which may help narrow things down. when the framerate issue happens if you pan your camera around yourself in a 360 180 of it will be 2-6fps, but if you face the other 180 you get full frame rate. I had done a video once and posted it long ago but I can't find it any more which showed this issue. It was back when @Chris and I were testing the AOE issue which he found a bug which we though was the cause which was fixed but the issue is still present today. I will go digging to see if I can find it as it shows clearly what is happening. it may have been from one of my old twitch streams. hope that helps.

yep found the link but I musst have removed the video thinking it was fixed after showing Chirs lol. I will attempt to recapture today after I get some time from work here.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Scanphor likes this.
  4. Echondas

Thanks! If you do the test, please try it with GPU Occlusion disabled/enabled - to see if it makes a difference?

5. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Confirmed and the direction seems to persist between different zones I think.

I've also noticed that there don't seem to be any real spikes in GPU and CPU usage, or system and GPU memory utilisations when it happens

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I do not use GPU Occlusion even though it is faster because it has graphical issues of its own which I am not sure if anyone has reported. with it enabled some spell fx'x can only be seen from some angles not all.

I do know that that Occlusion is for sure faster over all though.

7. dinheru

dinheru Avatar

I experienced this issue tonight for the first time on a brand new machine running a 2070 Super. Like Xee, I experienced the issue facing one direction (east in this case) but when I turned west, the issue went away. When I turned back east, it returned. Like Scanphor, I noted no changes in memory, CPU, or GPU usage when it occurred.

Did not try toggling GPU occlusion, but I will if this happens again.

-Dinheru

Saevio Vehemens and Echondas like this.
  8. Echondas

Weird.. I don't have an RTX to test with, and I'm not sure if any of the devs do either..I know Chris is expecting a new CPU, not sure if he's replacing his MB or anything else either.
    Any chance this is with a particular scene or biome or some common thread, like facing East, etc?

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

The direction thing I have reported before a few times. I do know what when it happens the crunch time goes up to 1.x and sits there which I still do not know in the debugger what it means. It is not always the same direction I dont think.. it seems to happen a lot in Silverdale market over time. where one direction it will give full frames and turning camera away will slow everything down to slideshow. Shown this on streams in the past. did a video of it once too. I truly think that its the source of all the major lag people experience.

I will see if I can some how capture it again.

10. Echondas

Chris sorta explained on the last Friday stream how crunch works, but I didn't quite follow it 100% - I plan on re-watching to see if I can understand better.
    Cool, yea if you can capture it with an RTX - since I don't have one, I could justify verifying the bug with a recent video capture showing the behavior.

11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Here you go finally got one of my large files uploaded that shows the issue :) This happens it seems after traveling around a lot between zones. My first though was when facing towards the slowness that it maybe trying to load in stuff from the town which is out of view. that is my guess. that or its loading and unloading texture memory? @Chris

Anpu likes this.
  12. Echondas

Marking this verified based on Xee's video.

13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

it may not be rtx as cause i just know many who had same issue which happened to be RTX cards. seems that it could be related is all.

Anpu likes this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Question for the RTX people in here. do you have a G sync monitor? I am reading about issues of past with RTX and G-sync with unity so want to see if maybe there is correlation

Anpu likes this.
  15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

yep just RTX cards. verified some more today had more people step forward and its all RTX cards.

Echondas and Anpu like this.
  16. dinheru

dinheru Avatar

Okay so some additional information - I had this happen to me twice on stream last night. The first time we were in Well of Aldur so I just restarted my client. However, the second time was at the end of the stream and I did some testing:

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyCoyBadgerHassaanChop-PbHKGS0bmsGZDpUe

Some notes:

1. Based on my recollection, this is roughly the same general direction I was facing when this occurred in Immortal City a few nights ago (see my post above)
    2. I forgot to test occlusion, but it bears mentioning that when this behavior is occurring, the UI is almost non-responsive. I'll try to remember next time.
    3. Although the latter half of this clip seems to imply the issue can be fixed or mitigated by toggling the UI, this improvement only lasts a short period of time. About a minute after the end of this clip, the behavior resumed.

Hope this helps.

-Dinheru

Echondas likes this.
  17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I have tested occlusion makes no diff.

3. like wise when turning off the UI everything speeds up always. however on enable again it will quickly diminish again.

Echondas likes this.
  18. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

I've been reporting this since December of 2019. There's an even worse pattern of people upgrading their rigs to turing and then leaving the game because it's no longer playable if you have to restart the game every hour or so because this thing hits.
    I personally only log in for 15 minutes every couple of days now. If this were fixed I could play longer.

Gia2 likes this.
  19. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

20. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68713