1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68871] Braemar: Bridget Helvig - Veimor - Banner of Humility Quest

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Paladin Michael, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

03/23/2021 21:48
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? --
    Details / Steps to Reproduce:
    Visit Bridget in Braemar. Talk to her. Accept to look for Veimor.
    After keyword "good provider" or "Veimor" (can also happen after all keywords used and keyword is klicked a second time!)
    You gain 10000 experience.
    You receive the Banner of Humility!

Find Veimor in West Ravenswood. Go back to Bridget and tell her, you found him.
    You receive the Banner of Humility - again!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1359.Date.03.17.21
    Area: Braemar
    Area Display Name: Braemar
    Loc: (-36.6, 28.3, 33.4)
    Debug: QnJhZW1hcnx8KC0zNi42NDQsIDI4LjI2MiwgMzMuNDA0KXwoMCwgMC45OSwgMCwgMC4xMzgpfDE2NC4xNzE3fDI2LjI5NDUxfDE0LjkyNTg3

Anpu likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #68871

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing as of 1372

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was able to get the banner without doing the quest. This is with a new created character speaking to Bridget Helvig the first time:

[5:40 PM] Ast: name
    [5:40 PM] Bridget Helvig: I am Bridget, wife of Veimor.
    [5:40 PM] Ast: My name is Ast
    [5:40 PM] Bridget Helvig: Greetings, Ast.
    [5:40 PM] Ast: Veimor
    [5:40 PM] Bridget Helvig: My Veimor is the most handsome man in the Village with eyes so green they sparkle like emeralds. And he is such a good provider for us. ... I beg your pardon, but could you help me with something?
    [5:40 PM] You learned the name of Veimor.
    [5:40 PM] Ast: good provider
    [5:40 PM] Bridget Helvig: Veimor must have thought he would be gone for a while, because he stocked up our pantry with rabbit meat and cured wild boar so that I wouldn't find myself hungry in his absence.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: in his absence
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Would you be going north, through West Ravenswood by any chance? Veimor hasn't come home yet, and it would be wonderful if you could find him and let me know he's safe. I know it's a dangerous place, but do you think your travels will take you there?
    [5:41 PM] Ast: help
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Perhaps you could find news of my husband, Veimor? He was last seen up north, near West Ravenswood? I know it's a dangerous place, but do you think your travels will take you there? I'm hoping you can find him and let me know he's safe.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: I'll make sure he's safe.
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Bodan said that he found Veimor's quiver just off the road in West Ravenswood. If it's not too much trouble, do you think you might keep an eye out for him, and tell him his wife, Bridget, cares for his safety?
    [5:41 PM] I wrote of Bridget's request in my journal.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: keep an eye out for him
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: And if you find him, can you... can you tell him that I love him and await his return with eagerness? I do appreciate this kindness, Ast.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: Bodan Koren
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Ah Bodan! His wife and I were close before she fell ill, and he introduced and vowed for Veimor and I at our joining. A better man you will not find in all of Braemar.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: Braemar
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Braemar is our humble home. I fear you are not seeing her at her best, but I am certain we will emerge from this darkness. One mustn't lose hope.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: Bridget Helvig
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Aye, that is my name. Bridget, wife of Veimor.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: job
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Veimor provides well for us, but I like to stay busy. When the wheat was plentiful, I would bake bread, and I sometimes teach the younger girls some embroidery skills.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: good provider
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: Veimor must have thought he would be gone for a while, because he stocked up our pantry with rabbit meat and cured wild boar so that I wouldn't find myself hungry in his absence.
    [5:41 PM] Ast: Veimor
    [5:41 PM] Bridget Helvig: My dear Veimor is still missing. I don't want to worry too much about dear Veimor, but I hope he's safe.
    [5:41 PM] I wrote a new entry in my journal.
    [5:41 PM] You gained 10000 experience needed for skill development!
    [5:41 PM] You received an item (Banner of Humility) from Bridget Helvig.
    [5:41 PM] Ast's Adventurer level has increased to 25!
    [5:41 PM] Ast's Producer level has increased to 24!

03/28/2021 17:44
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1372.Date.03.27.21
    Loc: (-37.8, 28.3, 32.6)
    Debug: QnJhZW1hcnx8KC0zNy44MjUsIDI4LjI2MiwgMzIuNjE3KXwoMCwgMC43ODgsIDAsIDAuNjE1KXwxMDguNTI5OHwzNi4zMzY2M3wyLjkzNTY2Mw==

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Sannio

@Anpu , thanks for the extra info. Added to the original bug.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am still able to get a reward without actually finding Veimor Build 1382 with a new created character:

[10:07 PM] Villager: (to you) Good day to you, friend.

[10:07 PM] Ast: name
    [10:07 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) I am Bridget, wife of Veimor.

[10:08 PM] Ast: My name is Ast
    [10:08 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Greetings, Ast.

[10:08 PM] Ast: Veimor
    [10:08 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) My Veimor is the most handsome man in the Village with eyes so green they sparkle like emeralds. And he is such a good provider for us. ... I beg your pardon, but could you help me with something?
    [10:08 PM] You learned the name of Veimor.

[10:08 PM] Ast: help
    [10:08 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Perhaps you could find news of my husband, Veimor? He was last seen up north, near West Ravenswood? I know it's a dangerous place, but do you think your travels will take you there? I'm hoping you can find him and let me know he's safe.

[10:08 PM] Ast: I'll make sure he's safe.
    [10:08 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Bodan said that he found Veimor's quiver just off the road in West Ravenswood. If it's not too much trouble, do you think you might keep an eye out for him, and tell him his wife, Bridget, cares for his safety?
    [10:08 PM] I wrote of Bridget's request in my journal.

[10:08 PM] Ast: keep an eye out for him
    [10:08 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) And if you find him, can you... can you tell him that I love him and await his return with eagerness? I do appreciate this kindness, Ast.

[10:08 PM] Ast: Bodan Koren
    [10:08 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Ah Bodan! His wife and I were close before she fell ill, and he introduced and vowed for Veimor and I at our joining. A better man you will not find in all of Braemar.

[10:08 PM] Ast: Braemar
    [10:08 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Braemar is our humble home. I fear you are not seeing her at her best, but I am certain we will emerge from this darkness. One mustn't lose hope.

[10:09 PM] Ast: Bridget Helvig
    [10:09 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Aye, that is my name. Bridget, wife of Veimor.

[10:09 PM] Ast: job
    [10:09 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Veimor provides well for us, but I like to stay busy. When the wheat was plentiful, I would bake bread, and I sometimes teach the younger girls some embroidery skills.

[10:09 PM] Ast: good provider
    [10:09 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Veimor must have thought he would be gone for a while, because he stocked up our pantry with rabbit meat and cured wild boar so that I wouldn't find myself hungry in his absence.

[10:09 PM] Ast: in his absence
    [10:09 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) I'm hoping someone can let me know that my beloved Veimor, lost in West Ravenswood, is safe.

[10:10 PM] Ast: Veimor
    [10:10 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) My dear Veimor is still missing. I don't want to worry too much about dear Veimor, but I hope he's safe.
    [10:10 PM] I wrote a new entry in my journal.

[10:10 PM] You gained 15000 experience needed for skill development!
    [10:10 PM] You received an item (Banner of Humility) from Bridget Helvig.
    [10:10 PM] Ast's Producer level has increased to 41!
    [10:10 PM] Ast: Goodbye
    [10:10 PM] Bridget Helvig: (to you) Bright blessings, and may the sun shine always on your path.

05/02/2021 22:12
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    SotA.Win.64.1382.Date.05.01.21
    Loc: (-38.1, 28.3, 32.2)
    Debug: QnJhZW1hcnx8KC0zOC4xMywgMjguMjYyLCAzMi4xOTIpfCgwLCAwLjcyLCAwLCAwLjY5Myl8MTE4LjE4MzZ8MzAuMDA2ODF8My41NTc4

7. Sannio

Thanks for the update. Reopened issue #68871

Anpu likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This has been seen fixed in build 1388. I was not longer able to just complete the quest just speaking to her, and not finding Veimor. Thank you!

[9:35 PM] Villager: Good day to you, friend.
    [9:35 PM] Heru: name
    [9:35 PM] Bridget Helvig: I am Bridget, wife of Veimor.
    [9:35 PM] Heru: My name is Heru
    [9:35 PM] Bridget Helvig: Greetings, Heru.
    [9:35 PM] Heru: Veimor
    [9:35 PM] Bridget Helvig: My Veimor is the most handsome man in the Village with eyes so green they sparkle like emeralds. And he is such a good provider for us. ... I beg your pardon, but could you help me with something?
    [9:35 PM] You learned the name of Veimor.
    [9:35 PM] Heru: help
    [9:35 PM] Bridget Helvig: Perhaps you could find news of my husband, Veimor? He was last seen up north, near West Ravenswood? I know it's a dangerous place, but do you think your travels will take you there? I'm hoping you can find him and let me know he's safe.
    [9:35 PM] Heru: I'll make sure he's safe.
    [9:35 PM] Bridget Helvig: Bodan said that he found Veimor's quiver just off the road in West Ravenswood. If it's not too much trouble, do you think you might keep an eye out for him, and tell him his wife, Bridget, cares for his safety?
    [9:35 PM] I wrote of Bridget's request in my journal.
    [9:36 PM] Heru: keep an eye out for him
    [9:36 PM] Bridget Helvig: And if you find him, can you... can you tell him that I love him and await his return with eagerness? I do appreciate this kindness, Heru.
    [9:36 PM] Heru: Bodan Koren
    [9:36 PM] Bridget Helvig: Ah Bodan! His wife and I were close before she fell ill, and he introduced and vowed for Veimor and I at our joining. A better man you will not find in all of Braemar.
    [9:36 PM] Heru: Braemar
    [9:36 PM] Bridget Helvig: Braemar is our humble home. I fear you are not seeing her at her best, but I am certain we will emerge from this darkness. One mustn't lose hope.
    [9:36 PM] Heru: Bridget Helvig
    [9:36 PM] Bridget Helvig: Aye, that is my name. Bridget, wife of Veimor.
    [9:36 PM] Heru: job
    [9:36 PM] Bridget Helvig: Veimor provides well for us, but I like to stay busy. When the wheat was plentiful, I would bake bread, and I sometimes teach the younger girls some embroidery skills.
    [9:37 PM] Heru: good provider
    [9:37 PM] Bridget Helvig: Veimor must have thought he would be gone for a while, because he stocked up our pantry with rabbit meat and cured wild boar so that I wouldn't find myself hungry in his absence.
    [9:37 PM] Heru: in his absence
    [9:37 PM] Bridget Helvig: I'm hoping someone can let me know that my beloved Veimor, lost in West Ravenswood, is safe.
    [9:37 PM] Heru: Veimor
    [9:37 PM] Bridget Helvig: My dear Veimor is still missing. I don't want to worry too much about dear Veimor, but I hope he's safe.
    [9:37 PM] Heru: help
    [9:37 PM] Bridget Helvig: I'm hoping someone can let me know that my beloved Veimor, lost in West Ravenswood, is safe.
    [9:38 PM] Heru: keep an eye out for him
    [9:38 PM] Bridget Helvig: And if you find him, can you... can you tell him that I love him and await his return with eagerness? I do appreciate this kindness, Heru.
    [9:38 PM] Heru: good provider
    [9:38 PM] Bridget Helvig: Veimor must have thought he would be gone for a while, because he stocked up our pantry with rabbit meat and cured wild boar so that I wouldn't find myself hungry in his absence.
    [9:38 PM] Heru: in his absence
    [9:38 PM] Bridget Helvig: I'm hoping someone can let me know that my beloved Veimor, lost in West Ravenswood, is safe.
    [9:38 PM] Heru: Veimor
    [9:38 PM] Bridget Helvig: My dear Veimor is still missing. I don't want to worry too much about dear Veimor, but I hope he's safe.
    [9:38 PM] Heru: Goodbye
    [9:38 PM] Bridget Helvig: Bright blessings, and may the sun shine always on your path.

I did actually check to make sure once she ask you to find Veimor, you do get a reward, and you do.

[9:45 PM] Veimor: Well met, stranger.
    [9:45 PM] Heru: name
    [9:45 PM] Veimor: I am Veimor of Braemar, and I have seen better days.
    [9:45 PM] Heru: Bridget's worried about you.
    [9:45 PM] Veimor: Please, if you find yourself near Braemar again, do let her know I survived and still think of her fondly. I will return to her as soon as I am able.
    [9:45 PM] I took note of Veimor's request in my journal.
    [9:45 PM] Heru: Goodbye
    [9:45 PM] Veimor: Take care and watch yourself.

[9:47 PM] Bridget Helvig: I'm still worried about my beloved Veimor. who still hasn't returned home. Do you have word?
    [9:47 PM] Heru: Veimor
    [9:47 PM] Bridget Helvig: I'm still worried about my beloved Veimor. who still hasn't returned home. Do you have word?
    [9:47 PM] Heru: I found Veimor. He's safe!
    [9:47 PM] Bridget Helvig: You... you found Veimor? And he's alive? Thank the stars above! ...I mean, yes, well... I have much to do before he returns home. I am certain he will be home as soon as he is able. Thank you for this news. I have little to reward you, but please take this token of my gratitude.
    [9:47 PM] I wrote a new entry in my journal.
    [9:47 PM] You gained 10000 experience needed for skill development!
    [9:47 PM] You received an item (Banner of Humility) from Bridget Helvig.
    [9:47 PM] Heru: Goodbye
    [9:47 PM] Bridget Helvig: Bright blessings, Heru, and may the sun shine always on your path.

06/04/2021 21:38
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    SotA.Win.64.1388.Date.05.27.21
    Loc: (-37.9, 28.3, 32.1)
    Debug: QnJhZW1hcnx8KC0zNy44NjIsIDI4LjI2MiwgMzIuMDY4KXwoMCwgMC43MDcsIDAsIDAuNzA3KXw4Ni42ODI3OXwzMi40MzI2MnwzLjMyNTk1NA==

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.