1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 68872] necropolis barrens - no potions from davropos

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Alley Oop, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

03/25/2021 16:43
    Title: necropolis barrens - no potions from davropos
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details: i turned in a male commoner no. 2 to davropos, but received none of the new potions.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 23998
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.Linux.64.1364.Date.03.25.21
    Area: Novia_R1_Hills01_NecropolisEntrance
    Area Display Name: Necropolis Barrens
    Loc: (-52.9, 75.3, -107.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfSGlsbHMwMV9OZWNyb3BvbGlzRW50cmFuY2V8fCgtNTIuODk5LCA3NS4zMjksIC0xMDcuMTI5KXwoMCwgLTAuOTgzLCAwLCAwLjE4NSl8LTE1Ny4wNTM2fDE1Ljc4OTExfDE4

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #68872

3. Sannio

Just to clarify, did you already have the dead body on you, allowing you to select the "[Give Dead Body] You want this body?" response which gave you the journal entry?

4. Alley Oop

yes, i did

5. Sannio

Great! I thought so. I submitted a fix a little while ago.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Fix Needs Testing as of 1372

7. Alley Oop

seen fixed for a second turn in, but i'm not tagging it fixed until someone does an initial turn-in with him and gets the reward

Anpu likes this.
  8. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I just tried starting with a dead body in my inventory, and he took the body when I selected that choice from the dialogue options, but also popped up the window asking for the body, which was no longer in my inventory. The body was gone, and I did not receive any elixir :( He told me to come back tomorrow.
    03/28/2021 16:26

SotA.Win.64.1372.Date.03.27.21

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am able to replicate what Margaritte unfortunately had happen to her, in offline. This happens with both body types, 1 and 2.

To replicate, having never done the quest before: Have either 1 of the body containers on you, Speak to Davropos, Click the job, dead body and [Give Dead Body] You want this body? keywords. Body container is taken, No rewards are given. Quest turn in window pops up.

[7:13 PM] Davropos: I can teach you how to use free attack.
    [7:13 PM] Good day, avatar. I am known as Davropos, and I am here meditating on the order of things. I will train you in the manipulation of the dust of life if it is your wish... and you possess coin. I may also teach you advanced techniques. But if you desire the secret of reviving the lords of the dust... then speak further we must.
    [7:13 PM] Anpu: job
    [7:13 PM] Davropos: I meditate on the nature of death and study dead bodies. As a master trainer, I can train others in what I have learned.
    [7:13 PM] Anpu: dead body
    [7:13 PM] Davropos: Could you help me with a project I have been working on? The questions I'm hoping to answer are fairly simple. Can a dead body walk again? If so, for how long? Can they self-motivate or only act according to instructions? We needn't discuss the details of my work at this point, but before I can start I need a dead body... commoner, male, preferred.
    [7:13 PM] Anpu: [Give Dead Body] You want this body?
    [7:13 PM] Davropos: You already have one? Let me see.. Yes... yes, this will no nicely. As promised, here is your reward. Further, each day you bring me another like it, I'll grant you another reward.
    [7:13 PM] Davropose wants another dead body, no sooner than tomorrow.
    [7:14 PM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [7:14 PM] Davropos: Truly, we all pass eventually.

[​IMG]

03/28/2021 19:37
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    Loc: (-52.0, 75.4, -104.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfSGlsbHMwMV9OZWNyb3BvbGlzRW50cmFuY2V8fCgtNTEuOTk1LCA3NS4zODUsIC0xMDQuNjUzKXwoMCwgMC45OTUsIDAsIDAuMDk3KXwyMDQuNzk4NnwyNi45NzMyfDExLjQxNTg0

Margaritte likes this.
  10. Sannio

I reopened the issue and will take a look tomorrow.

Margaritte and Anpu like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just tried this but I spoke to Davropos first, left and retrieved the dead body container then returned to Davropos and gave him the body and everything worked except "dead body" was not listed in the keywords at the bottom.

12. odyssey2003

odyssey2003 Avatar

03/29/2021 19:56
    Title: Turn in dead body Quest
    Reproduction Rate: unknown
    Blocker? no but for the quest yes
    Details: Check the picture included
    Steps to Reproduce: I go to the devropos and click on deadbody and he replies " If you have brought me a deadbody as I requested, I can continue etc... " AND no dialog box opens for me to give him the dead body.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 24514
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU RAM: 5991
    Loc: (-54.9, 74.9, -106.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfSGlsbHMwMV9OZWNyb3BvbGlzRW50cmFuY2V8fCgtNTQuOTA5LCA3NC44NjEsIC0xMDYuNTM2KXwoMCwgMC42OTYsIDAsIC0wLjcxOCl8MjcxLjgyOXwyMS40Njk1MnwxMy44Nzk0OA==

I tried inserting this link to show you a picture but for some reason it does not work.
    http://www.webcandesign.com/sota/SotA_Turn_in_dead_body.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  13. Sannio

The link for the image doesn't work for me.

When you bring the dead body to Davropos, are you (1) already on his quest or (2) not yet on his quest?

If you are (2) not yet on his quest, do you get a conversation choice that says '[Give Dead Body] You want this body?" If so, this is because I can't give you a conversation choice AND a trade window. If you choose "[Give Dead Body] You want this body?" then 1 dead body will be removed from your inventory and the quest will begin/advance.

Anpu likes this.
  14. odyssey2003

odyssey2003 Avatar

1: I did the first initial quest fine, now I was returning with a dead body as a daily quest ( like the nibbled bone in tanglemire ) I click on all the keywords and nothing comes up as asking me a question that I can answer or suggest that I need something else.

2: Already did the initial first quest. now I just needed to keep giving me deadbodies

Anpu likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was able to turn in a corpse a second time today:

[7:59 PM] Good day, avatar. I am known as Davropos, and I am here meditating on the order of things. I will train you in the manipulation of the dust of life if it is your wish... and you possess coin. I may also teach you advanced techniques. But if you desire the secret of reviving the lords of the dust... then speak further we must.
    [7:59 PM] Anpu: dead body
    [7:59 PM] Davropos: If you have brought me another dead body as I requested, I can continue investigating the nature of expired bodies devoid of their living spirits.
    [7:59 PM] You receive 232 gold!
    [7:59 PM] You gained 16000 experience needed for skill development!
    [7:59 PM] You gave an item (Dead Body, Commoner Male 1) to Davropos.
    [7:59 PM] You received an item (Elixir of Longevity) from Davropos.
    [7:59 PM] Davropos: You have another one? Let me see. Yes... yes, this will no nicely. As promised, here is your reward. Further, each day you bring me another like it, I'll grant you another reward.

The first time I started the quest by NOT having a container on me, getting the quest and then returning to him and giving him a body. Today I returned to him a second time with a body and clicking on the dead body keyword brought up the quest turn in window and I could hand him a dead body.

I am wondering IF people started the quest first by having the container on them, then returning to him 24 hours later it won't work? Still the initial quest is still bugged if you have a dead body on you. That may need to be fixed first.(?)

16. Alley Oop

no, i started it that way but my second turn-in was successful.

Anpu likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Here is how the sequence is working (offline if that matters):

Speaking to Davropos the very first time:

1. Having both bodies (Dead Body, Commoner Male 1 and Dead Body, Commoner Male 2 on the player). Speaking to him click the job then dead bodies keyword. He immediately takes the Dead Body, Commoner Male 1 body. No XP given, no potion given. Quest immediately advances to Give Another Dead Body to Davropos. The quest turn in window comes up, I click cancel, then click Goodbye.
    [8:25 PM] Good day, avatar. I am known as Davropos, and I am here meditating on the order of things. I will train you in the manipulation of the dust of life if it is your wish... and you possess coin. I may also teach you advanced techniques. But if you desire the secret of reviving the lords of the dust... then speak further we must.
    [8:26 PM] Anpu: job
    [8:26 PM] Davropos: I meditate on the nature of death and study dead bodies. As a master trainer, I can train others in what I have learned.
    [8:26 PM] Anpu: dead body
    [8:26 PM] Davropos: Could you help me with a project I have been working on? The questions I'm hoping to answer are fairly simple. Can a dead body walk again? If so, for how long? Can they self-motivate or only act according to instructions? We needn't discuss the details of my work at this point, but before I can start I need a dead body... commoner, male, preferred.
    [8:26 PM] Anpu: [Give Dead Body] You want this body?
    [8:26 PM] Davropos: You already have one? Let me see.. Yes... yes, this will no nicely. As promised, here is your reward. Further, each day you bring me another like it, I'll grant you another reward.
    [8:26 PM] Davropose wants another dead body, no sooner than tomorrow.
    [8:27 PM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [8:27 PM] Davropos: Truly, we all pass eventually.

2. Having only the Dead Body, Commoner Male 1 body on the player. Speaking to him click the job then dead bodies keyword. He immediately takes the Dead Body, Commoner Male 1 body. No XP given, no potion given. Quest immediately advances to Give Another Dead Body to Davropos. The quest turn in window comes up, I click cancel, then click Goodbye.
    [8:48 PM] Good day, avatar. I am known as Davropos, and I am here meditating on the order of things. I will train you in the manipulation of the dust of life if it is your wish... and you possess coin. I may also teach you advanced techniques. But if you desire the secret of reviving the lords of the dust... then speak further we must.
    [8:48 PM] Anpu: job
    [8:48 PM] Davropos: I meditate on the nature of death and study dead bodies. As a master trainer, I can train others in what I have learned.
    [8:48 PM] Anpu: dead body
    [8:48 PM] Davropos: Could you help me with a project I have been working on? The questions I'm hoping to answer are fairly simple. Can a dead body walk again? If so, for how long? Can they self-motivate or only act according to instructions? We needn't discuss the details of my work at this point, but before I can start I need a dead body... commoner, male, preferred.
    [8:48 PM] Anpu: [Give Dead Body] You want this body?
    [8:48 PM] Davropos: You already have one? Let me see.. Yes... yes, this will no nicely. As promised, here is your reward. Further, each day you bring me another like it, I'll grant you another reward.
    [8:48 PM] Davropose wants another dead body, no sooner than tomorrow.
    [8:48 PM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [8:48 PM] Davropos: Truly, we all pass eventually.

3. Having only the Dead Body, Commoner Male 2 body on the player. Speaking to him click the job death then dead bodies keyword. He immediately takes the Dead Body, Commoner Male 2 body. No XP given, no potion given. Quest immediately advances to Give Another Dead Body to Davropos. The quest turn in window comes up, I click cancel, then click Goodbye.
    [8:58 PM] Good day, avatar. I am known as Davropos, and I am here meditating on the order of things. I will train you in the manipulation of the dust of life if it is your wish... and you possess coin. I may also teach you advanced techniques. But if you desire the secret of reviving the lords of the dust... then speak further we must.
    [8:58 PM] Anpu: job
    [8:58 PM] Davropos: I meditate on the nature of death. As a master trainer, I can train others in what I have learned. Although if you wish to learn how to summon the lords of dust... then I will require a favor.
    [8:59 PM] Anpu: death
    [8:59 PM] Davropos: Dead bodies are nothing to fear. Death is a tool to wield, like any other. It is not inherently good, nor evil. It is just a state. We death mages are engineers, scientists in the formula of moving between states. People who do not understand the nature of things like to ascribe more to it than that. But that is all it is. Just another state, another waystation. Perhaps my health makes me a bit more ...sanguine about the topic than most.
    [8:59 PM] Anpu: dead body
    [8:59 PM] Davropos: Could you help me with a project I've been working on? The questions I'm hoping to answer are fairly simple. Can a dead body walk again? If so, for how long? Can they self-motivate or only act according to instructions? We needn't discuss the details of my work at this point, but before I can start I need a dead body... commoner, male, preferred.
    [8:59 PM] Anpu: [Give Dead Body] You want this body?
    [8:59 PM] Davropos: You already have one? Let me see.. Yes... yes, this will no nicely. As promised, here is your reward. Further, each day you bring me another like it, I'll grant you another reward.
    [8:59 PM] Davropose wants another dead body, no sooner than tomorrow.
    [9:00 PM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [9:00 PM] Davropos: Truly, we all pass eventually.

Starting the quest the first time with either of these ways is probably causing some bugs? Possibly with returning the next day? I made a save offline for all 3 of these states. I can check tomorrow and see what happens.

03/30/2021 21:05
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    Loc: (-50.0, 76.0, -106.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfSGlsbHMwMV9OZWNyb3BvbGlzRW50cmFuY2V8fCgtNTAuMDA5LCA3Ni4wMjksIC0xMDYuMTQ2KXwoMCwgLTAuOTg3LCAwLCAtMC4xNjIpfDU3OC4yNjQzfDExLjM0Mzk3fDguMTQyMDAy

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What body did you specifically give him? If you know? I gave him the commoner 1 body today. Will try the commoner 2 body tomorrow.

19. Sannio

I put in a fix for these issues last night. It looks like that fix is on QA now, where you get a proper reward when you already have a dead body on you before getting the quest. Now we just have to wait for that fix to migrate to the live server.

Anpu likes this.
  20. Alley Oop

i cannot turn in a third time on 1374. i have both bodies in inventory, he's not bring up a box. tried locking one and then the other, nothing. my last turn in was on the 28th.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.