1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69258] Black Arrow Quest. After talking to Captain Cugel about Guard Rolf.

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Paladin Michael, Jun 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

06/19/2021 14:12
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? --
    Details / Steps to Reproduce:
    Quest task tells "Inform Simone"
    Quest Journal: "... I should visit Simone von Eglinger in her store, Ardoris Imports, by the docks, and tell her what I found."

This task can't be cleared. Tried every keyword with Simone.

(For information: I was able to tell Tanya what happened and this task cleared.)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1391.Date.06.10.21
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (-89.9, 62.0, -344.5)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KC04OS44NzQsIDYyLjA0OCwgLTM0NC41MTcpfCgwLCAwLjk3MiwgMCwgLTAuMjM0KXwtMTY1LjYzNzZ8MjkuMzY3OHwz

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

EDIT: Paladin Michael has an older(?) character and the markers/tasks probably wont clear for him. The current quest sequence with a new character seems to be working fine.

I wasn't able to replicate this. Complete steps taken: Speak to Tanya Cumpston get quest. Speak to Samuel. Get An Official Notice of Recall item. Speak to Rolf. Speak to Captain Cugel. Speak to Simone von Eglinger. Inform Simone Task and Journal Entry clears. Speak to Tanya Cumpston.

There could be some other sequence Paladin Michael did? He but he didn't specify what sequence.

[8:17 PM] Tanya Cumpston: Hello, outlander. I hope you are enjoying your visit to Ardoris. My name is Tanya Cumpston. Please don't think me presumptuous, but I heard that outlanders are often willing to help those in need.
    [8:17 PM] Ast: My name is Ast
    [8:17 PM] Tanya Cumpston: My name is Tanya Cumpston. Tell me, do you have children?

[8:17 PM] Ast: help
    [8:17 PM] Tanya Cumpston: If you are who you appear to be, maybe you could find out who killed my son, Taylor. It is the only way the children will be safe. Please talk to Samuel. He seems to think the attack came from above.
    [8:17 PM] I made note of this in my journal.
    [8:17 PM] I should ask Samuel the farmer to tell me what he saw when Tanya's son was killed.
    [8:18 PM] Ast: Goodbye
    [8:18 PM] Tanya Cumpston: If you learn anything about what happened to my son, please share it with me. Perhaps then, I will understand the trial set before me.

[8:18 PM] Good day! I am Samuel Redstone. Some fresh goods for your table today?
    [8:18 PM] Ast: My name is Ast
    [8:18 PM] Samuel Redstone: I am Samuel Redstone, and I am at your service. Whatever you are craving, I have fresh food straight from my farm to satisfy your desire.
    [8:18 PM] Ast: black arrow
    [8:18 PM] Samuel Redstone: I thought at first it was a bird, but it was going to fast. Went right through the poor kid. Looked like it came from that nearby guard tower. But it couldn't have...
    [8:18 PM] I should investigate visit the guard tower that overlooks the market.
    [8:18 PM] Ast: Goodbye
    [8:18 PM] Samuel Redstone: Next time you are craving delectable food, please come again!

[8:20 PM] You picked up an item (An Official Notice of Recall).

[8:22 PM] Ardoris City Guard: Something on your mind, stranger?
    [8:22 PM] Ast: I've proof you killed those kids!
    [8:22 PM] Ardoris City Guard: You're right. I did it. I killed those kids. Those people, the ones who were too busy to watch over their own children, they're no better than I was!
    [8:22 PM] I should tell Captain Cugel about this right away!
    [8:22 PM] Ast: kill
    [8:22 PM] Ardoris City Guard: You think I killed someone? Is that it! Is that what you are accusing me of! What evidence do you have? [If you wish to accuse Guard Rolf of being the Black Arrow Archer, type "accuse"]
    [8:22 PM] Ast: accuse
    [8:22 PM] Ardoris City Guard: Accusing someone of something ain't the same as doing something about it.
    [8:22 PM] Ast: bad man
    [8:22 PM] Ardoris City Guard: Bad? At least parents are starting to look after their kids.
    [8:22 PM] Ast: Goodbye
    [8:22 PM] Ardoris City Guard: If you hear of any trouble, be sure to let me know.

[8:23 PM] Captain Cugel: Hail, outlander. You're new around here, I take it. I am Guard Captain Cugel, at your service.
    [8:23 PM] Ast: black arrow
    [8:23 PM] Captain Cugel: Black weapons are quite rare. I have known bandits to blacken their blades to help them lurk in the shadows. And some elves do it to intimidate their enemies. Oh, and a few of my guards char the shaft of their arrows to temper them.
    [8:24 PM] Ast: Rolf
    [8:24 PM] Captain Cugel: Rolf? He's one of my guards. What about him?
    [8:24 PM] Ast: I've proof Rolf murdered kids.
    [8:24 PM] Captain Cugel: Proof that Rolf killed all those kids? I would have never thought one of my men could do something like that. But he has been a bit off since he returned. I thought it was just because of his son. Thank you for getting to the bottom of this.
    [8:24 PM] Now that Captain Cugel has been made aware of what I have learned about the Black Arrow Archer, I should revisit the grieving parents and tell them what I know.
    [8:24 PM] I made a note to tell each grieving parent.
    [8:24 PM] You receive 750 gold!
    [8:24 PM] Ast: Goodbye
    [8:24 PM] Captain Cugel: Good day.

[8:26 PM] Please, tell me if you have found anything about my daughter.
    [8:26 PM] Ast: Scarlett
    [8:26 PM] Simone von Eglinger: Thank you for helping to bring my daughter's killer to justice. It is a small comfort, but one I appreciate.
    [8:26 PM] I wrote a new entry in my journal.
    [8:26 PM] You gained 16000 experience needed for skill development!
    [8:27 PM] I wrote a new entry in my journal.

[8:27 PM] Tanya Cumpston: I see... so you have found my son's slayer. Well, you'll excuse me if that does not bring me peace, for my child is still gone. Leave me.
    [8:27 PM] You gained 16000 experience needed for skill development!
    [8:27 PM] Ast: Goodbye
    [8:27 PM] Tanya Cumpston: May the light of love and harmony shine on us all.

06/19/2021 20:29
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1391.Date.06.10.21
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (17.6, 53.0, -156.6)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDE3LjYzNCwgNTMuMDAzLCAtMTU2LjU5NSl8KDAsIDAuODgzLCAwLCAwLjQ3KXwtMjIzLjQzOTl8NDAuMDE1Nzl8MTcuOTk5NjU=

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I used an alternate Avatar.
    Well, there was some time between quest start and finishing it.

After exposing Guard Rolf and talking to Cugel, the order was:
    I talked to Tanya Cumpston and got experience.
    Then I talked to Simone von Eglinger - without any reward.
    It looks like I couldn't bring her the good news ...

Anpu likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and update! Issue #69258

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.