Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

FIX PRICING NOW to 10 burn mats for 1 gold....

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by SabeSr, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I'm not putting up with this.

You will either FIX this now or ban me from forums before this weekend is over.

I have all weekend to spam the forums with this... ONE EXAMPLE (I will post new examples all weekend until you either FIX the problem or you ban me from forums)

Animal hide + curing salt (8 gold in Adoris) = Leather
    2 Leathers + curing salt = yard leather (We are at 24 gold cost not counting failures)
    3 leathers + 3 curing salts = 3 leather straps (We are now at 48 gold not counting failures)
    Yard leather + wax (4 gold each in Adoris) + 3 leather straps = Leather gloves...

60 gold in burn mats purchased from NPC vendor in Adoris in order to craft one pair of leather gloves... assuming NO failures in entire process.

Leather gloves from NPC vendor cost 22 gold... Tell me how the NPC (game) is making leather gloves to sell at profit for 22 gold when it costs 60 gold just for crafting them ONLY for the burn mats (salt and wax) never mind the animal hides gathered.

Burn mats should not be anywhere near what they are...

Drop them IMMEDIATELY to 10 mats for 1 gold...

THEN you can all have a pow wow on what to do about your complete screw up with this and figure out what is a reasonable price.

NOTE: "Burn Mats" (Burned up materials on crafting) WAX, CURING SALT, CHUNK OF COAL, CREOSOTE

I'm being polite now... by Sunday I assure you I will not be.

Nasir, Nolove 0369 and Weins201 like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Acred likes this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

1. This isn't the way to get what you want, whatever that is.
    2. Player Economy needs lots of burn to function properly. This isn't a game where everyone gets to be good, it requires a lot of trial and error, luck, and hard work.

Sounds to me like this thread could've been started without all the "ban me" talk and it would've been a lot easier to stomach.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Acred, KuBaTRiZeS, Net and 11 others like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

The fix for this to to not have NPC's selling leather gloves, problem solved.

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Please do not spam the forums with this :). It will not only distance you from what you want, but will be an expense to moderate and consume/avoid. You would likely get a better response by simply detailing a system you think is superior and how it will better everyone else in the economy :-D

Acred, Saosis, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Actually, just identifying the problem is a big step here. I'm not sure the solution in the OP is actually considering anything beyond what the OP wants to do, which appears to be compete with NPC's. That's NOT what the game is about. NPC's are always supposed to "win" because they're gold sinks.

The way that this has to work is for NPC's to either A. Not sell what the OP is complaining about so there's only fair competition between players, or B. Raise the price that NPC's are selling for, or lower the cost that it takes players to make the item (which is the only thing the OP is suggesting).

This is very similar to when it used to cost crafters 600+ gold per arrow and the NPC's were selling them for 2 gold a piece or something crazy like that. So yes, the devs might see this and change the cost for players, but what I believe should really happen is that NPC's stop selling "stuff" that players should be making.

Acred, Furious Farmer and Tahru like this.
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Oh, certainly, discuss away! I simply requested no aggro-spamming to force the company to acknowledge.

8. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

The fix is to do what has been said needs to be done,
    A balance pass need to go though the hole entire crafting portion of the game, it was said to be done in R32, but from what I have seen, that's a big Fat No.
    Unless a ring really is 5 wire coils, that's 10 Ingots, or 20 ore and 120 metal scrap.
    and there is a list of balance stuff that has been missed, like every recipe for smelting, enchanting, and master working, really 5 silver ingots for a master work / 5 gold for a enchant. that's 20 ore. which is more then you get from 1 pass though any Silver mine.

Snazz, zyxe and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

You seem to think that's not by design.

Have you considered that ONE person is not supposed to be the end to end path to craft any ONE item?

This is an economy that WILL someday be very specialized and you'll have to work with other players to craft items. There will be some players that all they do is refine what you have gathered.

We're not even close to seeing the total dream of how this is going to work (in my opinion).

10. agra

agra Avatar

Single player offline.
    Single player online.
    Yes, ONE person is supposed to be the end to end path to craft any ONE item, in two of the 4 play modes.

11. Drocis the Devious

Single Player offline, yes. But that's a completely different economy and game. It has no purpose in this discussion.

Single Player Online is not designed to be a part of a separate economy. It is the same economy, per Richard Garriott. Currently the economy is not working as designed in a variety of ways. But over the next year, ONE Player is not going to be making and selling multiple "things" using an end to end process of gathering, refining, and producing, because that would require way too much specialization and there's just not going to be enough time in the day to compete with "networks" of players that will organically begin to work together.

What many people don't understand is that this isn't a typical MMO where crafting is not important and it's not challenging beyond putting time into it. What the OP is complaining about has some merit, but it ignores the macro economic design and focuses entirely on competing against NPC's that are only making that stuff as a gold sink. It's the player vs. player economy that the developers are trying to build unlike any other game (outside of perhaps EVE). Again, this is my opinion, and we have a long way to go. All the OP needs to do is state the problem, stop spamming, and stop making angry posts, the economy is MUCH deeper than he appears to understand.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

It's just a game, folks; and still very much a work-in-progress. Enjoy it for what it is, because life will never be everything you wish it was.

Acred, Eeyore and Indarien like this.
  13. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Do NPC sell high end equipment? No.... and the only way of getting to make that equipment is to do an apprenticeship....Have you ever seen apprenticeships wages? exceptionally low for learning a skill that will later be profitable for them. This is just a different method than having to make thousands and thousands of a lesser item to be able o make a better one. It is still that way here but a lot less so. You don't need to make many of a lower tier item really to get experience, and the gold sink in the crafting to begin with is minimal. Once you are making the high end stuff and selling to players this is but a small blip and needed to slow down the system and make the dedicated ones valuable.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  14. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Filing bugs apparently isn't either, so then there's that...

15. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Good morning,

FIX THE PRICING SCAM

Set prices for burn mats to 0.1 per item (10 items per 1 gold)... if you really believe you have a supply and demand controlled system the price will jump right back up to where it was...

You don't have a real supply and demand system and you know it, you are killing the crafting system which is a foundation block of this game, it will crumble as you sit idle debating the issue. Remember, first impressions matter and this one is important.

I will continue to complain until its fixed properly.

There is a saying in the service industry, "The customer is always right" even when they are wrong. You should have sided on favoring the player base when using caution with the rates... you didn't, you need to fix it immediately.

It's better to have the early backers who were here when final wipe passed become the "benefactors" (nice to use this word here) of any errors in initial pricing... if in the future you find I'm wrong or disagree with my opinion on the pricing you can adjust it... but for now just fix the pricing to 0.1 per burn mat (coal, salt, wax, creo)

I would appreciate any assistance from players who agree, with either bumping this thread or liking it... the more that speak up the more they will listen.

...and now back to my regularly scheduled gaming.

Archer and Gravidy like this.
  16. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I'm not typically a person who cares to butt in other concerns especially when being approached in such an inappropriate manner but don't you think you would have been smarter posting this during the week and not on a weekend when most people don't work? Likely the people who address these problems do not work the weekend so ranting over something like this on the weekend will do you very little. But if you are looking to get banned, best of luck to you :) Have a nice day!

17. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

I agree completely with op but i think the economy/crafting is not done yet. I believe it will get sorted eventually.

18. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

I just paid 8 Gold for a piece of Coal. haha, what a gold sink.

19. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

With all due respect ... who cares?

Saosis and DancingShade like this.
  20. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

And this is were your wrong , Good Sir.

As this game is Designed from day 1 , a Single player will be able to gather the materials, (because this is the only way to actually build producer XP) That same player will refine the materials into usable Materials, (this is a simple step) And then that very same players will craft and Master work a item, (This is were he will actually spend the Xp that he earned from the gathering process).

The game is designed to be played buy a single player, always has been, always will be.
    Now if you want to tell me that there is a complete over hall of how the game mechanics are going to work, than what you say may be a little correct.

Exactly!!!

I don't agree with it, I don't even like it, But this is how it is.

Dariog and agra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.