Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

FIX PRICING NOW to 10 burn mats for 1 gold....

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by SabeSr, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Times how many players? Times how many days?

Again, you can't look at YOU as the economy. This is not a single player game, even if you're just playing single player online, the moment you enter into the ONLINE economy you're part of something much bigger than yourself. If you don't understand that or don't want to understand that, you're doomed to be at a disadvantage.

The OP brings up a valid point, but it's one small grain of sand on the beach. I can name 100 different problems just like this, the devs understand and are aware of these issues but they're trying to comb the entire beach, not just little piles of sand.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't bring these little piles of sand forward as examples, I'm just saying that the way it's being done here is wrong (very poor tone) and it misses the point of the overall design by assuming that the most important thing in the world right now is the amount of burn mats so that one guy can sell more leather gloves. That's so far down the list of important things to worry about right now it's laughable.

Qwark, Acred, Alley Oop and 3 others like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Another alternative way to look at it would be to have NPC vendors buy 'crafted' goods for something more approaching their worth.
    So at least if you were buying fuels for the purpose of levelling you could sell finished products for a bit of profit and to fund your next fuels.
    If there was a bit of profit to crafting (between player and the game, not player and other players) this could alleviate the fuel concerns considerably.

aaronvf likes this.
  3. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

My opinion is that the complaint is a bit harsh.

It's 11 wax to build an entire set of leather armor (augmented). That's 440 gold. For my first set... let's call it 600 gold to include a fair number of failures. Now add in the price of coal for the bindings... let's call the whole thing 1k just for sanity. 1k can be made very quickly. Legs alone are on PV on Owl's Head for around 1800.

Now my set of armor... it's the business. I get better stats, higher durability and that great feeling of "Ya, I crafted that" when I know folks stop to check out my toon. I created that set of armor on P-D3 and have lost ~3 max points of durability across the set while building my blades skill up to 85 (from starting as archer) without a lick of gustballing. It's just all around better gear.

In my humble view NPC vendors should be selling gear that is not sustainable longer term. For example... The longsword from an NPC should have durability like we see on items that fall from mobs... that is, after all where the inventory likely comes from, correct? So what should really be... is that I buy a longsword from the vendor... and the durability is around... 40... max 55. Same with leather armor, plate armor or whatever else they sell.

The crafted gear... obviously brand new... would be 100 (150 or whatever) durability.

Just my opinions, of course.

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

SPOffline is a different experience where the main rules dont apply - I expect all things to be eventually possible by anyone in SPOffline.

SPO is still somewhat of a community experience - you can (and you will) purchase craftable supplies from other online players. E.g., you can buy the halberd head and do the carpentry work yourself of creating the pole and fixing them together into a weapon. It is not intentional for someone in SPO to be the end to end path to craft any one item.

Its like the expression "no man is an island," you cant go off into the woods by yourself without some assistance from the greater human body. You diddnt invent the axe (in fact, the axe predates humans altogether). You diddnt invent the bow, or the rifle, and you likely diddnt smelt the metal for your bullet casings or manufacture the gunpowder for the bullet's propellant. You diddnt even invent the technology of trapping, or skinning. Humans taught you that. So perhaps you can believe you are truely alone out in the Siberian woods or on your Alaskan wilderness lake by yourself, but the technology you use to survie was made by, and the items you use to survive were made by, other humans. So yes, again, even in SPO, you have access to all the resources created by the rest of civilization.

Also, the point Baron D pointed out was, it is likely by design that a person cant get that much silver/gold in one pass of mining a dungeon. That makes sense. If you could get all the resources to craft the best items in the game in one pass of mining in a dungeon, in the first week of the game's persistence, then Id say its either broken, or very much on the themepark side of the themepark vs sandbox argument.

Really? Whats the point of it being multiplayer at all then? Whats the pont of working towards (i.e., earning exp, earning resources, etc) a goal if you just want the goal auto-achieved simply by logging in? Whats the point of going to school if you just want a report card full of A's on day one? Doesnt feel like much of a game if you just press a button to win. Even the lottery is more challenging and requires more cooperation between persons than that.

Yeap, totally agree with this. NPCs should just sell junk that gets you through the day or through a brief financial emergency.

Youre rediculous, and I find your violent tactics to be offensive. The game is in early access, and has only been data persistent for a few days. Your accusations are baseless, and the drama and emotionally driven commentary is detrimental to both your goals and the community.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Saosis, Alley Oop and Dariog like this.
  5. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

It's rather ridiculous when it costs more (time and resources/money, even if the high cost is perceived) to make something than to buy it from a vendor.

I don't think demanding a fix immediately "or else" is the way to go, though.

Cairo and Ravicus like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

From what i remember this is by design. They want to promote trade between people instead of vendoring items to npc merchants. I could be wrong however.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

You do realize that the Devs are off for the weekend, right? So, even if they do see some merit in your complaint and ignore the threats you are making in order to force a change... they woldn't start "fixing" this until Monday. anyway.

DancingShade likes this.
  8. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I guess I'm a bit confused (forgive me, I just finished running an intense training course for work and my brain is on low gear now!), I would think that making it cost more to buy from NPC merchants than it would cost to put some effort in and make something yourself would promote more player-to-player trade instead of the opposite.

Ravicus likes this.
  9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

@Chris explained it in a economy deep dive or post a long time ago. I am at work and on a cell so i cannot search and link right now. Maybe someone else can help with it.

10. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

From what Ive seen even the most basic player crafted items are still better than the npc items of the same tier, as you get the material bonuses, also they can be mastercrafted and enchanted.
    Also as others have said npcs only sell the most basic of stuff, I think the plan was in long run to remove it all, but some was left in for now so we had access to the basic gear until crafters can fill the gap.

Ravicus likes this.
  11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The NPC vendors are subsidized by the government. :)

Snazz, Saosis, zyxe and 1 other person like this.
  12. Liavain

Liavain Avatar

I'm not willing to walk into any arguments, but can we settle on unifying the cost of fuels at least?

13. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Actually, the cost of fuels is not going to be consistent from day to day and region to region. They are going to vary just as things have done on the vendors for quite some time. You buy it all and the price will rise. Pays to shop in the less travelled towns if you want the best prices. I wouldn't go to Owl's Head to purchase fuels if I were expecting the best price.

Acred, Saosis and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  14. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

The OP is a bit too aggressive. Let's keep any discussions calm and measured.

That being said crafting fuels are literally my only gold drain at the moment because I'm completely self sufficient. I can see why it costs what it does.

Also even the most basic non exceptional pair of boots is superior to basic vendor gear - those material bonuses are worthwhile.

Acred likes this.
  15. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Good Morning again,

FIX the pricing of burn mats...

Have a nice day.

16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The threats, as off-the-cuff as they are, are not necessary. We hear you, and do our very best to try and respond to everyone. We'll post a more detailed response to the concerns here when we have one.

Going to lock this thread and give the poster a 24 hour timeout. This is everyone's example on how not to get what you want. Just ask a question, post a concern, and we'll answer you! This is a big reason why we have the forums.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.