1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67122] Find Patrator

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Bedawyn, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

05/31/2020 20:24
    Title: Find Patrator
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes, for this quest

Details: The journal tells you Patrator is female. In the flotilla, there are two male elf prisoners and one female (and one empty cage). None of the prisoners will identify themselves as Patrator.

This was brought up back in 2018. I don't know if there's some other trick or if Alley's spoiler in that thread is incorrect/no longer correct, but I've gone over every inch of the scene multiple times, talked to each of the three prisoners multiple times, and there's no further clue about Patrator.

Also, not related to the quest but related to the prisoners: The first elf prisoner, closest to the entry bridge? After freeing him, you can follow him up to the hollow tree, then WATCH HIM turn around, go back to the flotilla, and LOCK HIMSELF BACK UP in the same cage that you just released him from a few seconds ago. There's something wrong with that.

Steps to Reproduce: Explore South Longfall Wetlands, talk to the three elf prisoners.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1227.Date.05.31.20
    Area: Novia_R7_Swamp01_01
    Area Display Name: South Longfall Wetland
    Loc: (193.5, 18.7, 52.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfU3dhbXAwMV8wMXx8KDE5My40NjQsIDE4LjY5NiwgNTIuODg5KXwoMCwgMC43MjQsIDAsIC0wLjY5KXwyNjcuMjM5NHwxMHwxLjI1

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

confirmed i don't find her now, but i redid the quest and found her on april 21st, so either there's a recent change or she doesn't spawn without the quest flag

3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I've got the quest flag, or at least I've got the quest.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Patrator only spawns when someone on the proper quest stage is in the area. Also, her name doesn't appear automatically, but if you ask her name then she'll tell it to you.

I'll look into the elf prisoners running back to their cages. Issue #67122

5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I AM on the quest. If there's some other "stage" to it, there's been no clue about what that is. If there's some other part to it that isn't triggered yet, then that's a problem. And I HAVE asked all the elves their names, multiple times.

6. Toular

Toular Avatar

It takes a while for one of the prisoners to be Patrator. Yeah, that sounds weird, but I ran through this quest last night and had to free the prisoners something like 3 times for Patrator to spawn.

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and all the extra info. I did some poking around, found the problem, and put in a fix. Issue #67128

Anpu and Bedawyn like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just completed this on QA, build 1072. With no issues.

1. Finish Lord Macsen quest.
    2. Get Find Patrator quest from Venatus.
    3. Enter South Longfall Wetland
    4. Keep killing humanoids here till a Brittle South Longfall Wetland Cage Key drops.
    5. Receive new quest to unlock cages.
    6. Go to this location shown below, the cage to the right had a female elf in it. I unlocked it and spoke with her, asked her name, she was Patrator. And advanced the quest to Report to Venatus.

Patrator was present in the cage as I went to this area (the cage on the right side).

10/04/2020 19:38
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1072.Date.09.22.20
    Area: Novia_R7_Swamp01_01
    Area Display Name: South Longfall Wetland
    Loc: (-60.1, 18.7, -161.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfU3dhbXAwMV8wMXx8KC02MC4wNzgsIDE4LjczNCwgLTE2MS42NjcpfCgwLCAwLjY2NSwgMCwgLTAuNzQ3KXwxMTcuMjM1N3wyOS40ODA4NXwxMi4yODgzNQ==

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.