1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67328] Collect Book from Merriweather quest not given by Simone von Eglinger

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Anpu, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

07/19/2020 09:04
    Title: Collect Book from Merriweather quest not given by Simone von Eglinger
    Reproduction Rate: 2/2
    Blocker?
    Details: After you have completed the Investigate Child Murders and the Speak to Simone quests, you can click goodbye and then she will have a new dialogue bark of "
    (to you) Greetings and fair travels, friend. Pardon me, but I could use your help when you have a moment."

Speaking to her and clicking on the help keyword only gives me a response about the Oracle:

(to you) Greetings and fair travels, friend. Pardon me, but I could use your help when you have a moment.
    Anpu: help
    Simone von Eglinger: (to you) The Oracle was right about you, friend. You gave me answers that others could not.

I had to say goodbye and speak to her a second time and say help. This time I received her quest Collect Book from Merriweather option:

Anpu: help
    Simone von Eglinger: (to you) I have made a terrible mistake, friend! While overwhelmed by grief, I accidentally included my daughter's favorite book in my latest shipment to the Solania Mercantile. Since Scarlett's death, her book has become beyond precious to me. Please... oh, please, would you go explain to the mercantile and explain what happened, and that I must have that book returned?

Anpu: Don't worry, I'll return her book.
    Simone von Eglinger: (to you) Oh, thank you! Thank you! Merriweather runs the Solania Merchantile. Her shop is near the docks, behind the "Arms and Armor" shop. She's a good person. I know she'll be understanding and return Scarlett's book when you explain my mistake!
    I should go to the Solania Merchantile and retrieve Scarlett's book.

I should have gotten this quest option the first time I spoke with her.

The below report shows the QA build but this also happens on live (I was checking both). This isn't a new bug but has existed for a long time.

Steps to Reproduce: With a quest reset on a character, finish the Investigate Child Murders and the Speak to Simone quests in Ardoris. Stand near by Simone and she will have a new dialogue bark "(to you) Greetings and fair travels, friend. Pardon me, but I could use your help when you have a moment." Click on her and click the help keyword. She will only mention the Oracle when you do so. Click goodbye and then speak to her again. Click the help keyword, she will now give you the option for the Collect Book from Merriweather quest.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1039.Date.07.17.20
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (14.3, 53.0, -151.6)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDE0LjI5NiwgNTMuMDAzLCAtMTUxLjU4Nil8KDAsIC0wLjE1MywgMCwgMC45ODgpfDM3Mi4yNTQ1fDE0LjI4NzcxfDIuNzIxMDQx

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report. Issue #67328

Anpu likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This has been seen fixed in build 1333. Thank you!

[7:39 AM] Simone von Eglinger: (talking to herself) The shop is so quiet without my daughter.
    [7:39 AM] (to you) Please, tell me if you have found anything about my daughter.
    [7:39 AM] Ast: Scarlett
    [7:39 AM] Simone von Eglinger: (to you) Thank you for helping to bring my daughter's killer to justice. It is a small comfort, but one I appreciate.
    [7:39 AM] I wrote a new entry in my journal.
    [7:39 AM] You gained 16000 experience needed for skill development!

[7:40 AM] (to you) Greetings and fair travels, friend. Pardon me, but I could use your help when you have a moment.
    [7:40 AM] Ast: help
    [7:40 AM] Simone von Eglinger: (to you) I have made a terrible mistake, friend! While overwhelmed by grief, I accidentally included my daughter's favorite book in my latest shipment to the Solania Mercantile. Since Scarlett's death, her book has become beyond precious to me. Please... oh, please, would you go explain to the mercantile and explain what happened, and that I must have that book returned?
    [7:40 AM] Ast: Don't worry, I'll return her book.
    [7:40 AM] Simone von Eglinger: (to you) Oh, thank you! Thank you! Merriweather runs the Solania Merchantile. Her shop is near the docks, behind the "Arms and Armor" shop. She's a good person. I know she'll be understanding and return Scarlett's book when you explain my mistake!
    [7:40 AM] I should go to the Solania Merchantile and retrieve Scarlett's book.

01/11/2021 07:40
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1333.Date.01.10.21
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (-87.4, 54.5, -342.9)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KC04Ny40MjgsIDU0LjQ5LCAtMzQyLjkwNCl8KDAsIC0wLjg1NCwgMCwgMC41MjEpfC0xMTkuMjkyMnwyMy4yODA4MnwyLjUyMTg0Mg==

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.