1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68231] Bard Song: Atonal Aria inconsistenct behaviors

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Scoffer, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Shimizu and I were both standing at HER practice dummy doing the Atonal Aria skill. She was seeing both our damage in the chat log but for me it wasn't showing my own damage or hers.

Moving to a practice dummy that I owned was showing me both of our damage from the skill but she couldn't see hers or mine.

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

So Atonal Aura was consistently showing the damage pulses when training it in town against a dummy, however when I went to try it in actual combat it appears to do nothing.

In the training scenario just being near the dummy seemed to be enough to hurt it.

I found a nice monster and walked up and played the song and nothing happened.
    I tried targetting, not targetting, tried playing an instrument while the effect was still on, tried playing other songs. ...nothing. I tried this on wolves, bears, skeletons - and it never hurt anything. Except, inexplicably, it did two pulses of damage only against a skeleton in my chat log, when I went and stood on top of a skeleton that was already engaged fighting a wolf. I was unable to in 15 minutes of running around ever get it to do damage to an actual monster again.

I have the aura range at gm and i can stand pretty far from a training dummy and still hurt it, so I don't think its a range thing, esp since I was stood on top of mobs and it still wasn't doing anything. When doing the skill on the dummy, you see an icon appear on the dummy (looks like ice field icon) for the atonal's damage. This icon did not appear on any monsters in range during my tests.

Aeryk, Chiasma and FrostII like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I can confirm this behavior, exactly as kaeshiva has stated here.
    Glyph shows on me as working, but does not show on mob and no damage is done by it.
    Training dummy takes damage, and it shows the dmg in chatlog, nothing else takes any dmg.
    Tried it on 4 different mobs.
    I am 101 in the skill.

4. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Can also confirm this.
    Even when the effect 'works' it doesn't actually do damage.

I see damage numbers on the mob and in combat log but their actual health isn't effected at all.

Went and tried using in on a pack of like Tier 1 or 2 wolves. Each tick said it was doing more damage than they had health. That didn't stop them from growling, snarling, or gnashing their teeth at me as if nothing was happening though.

5. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Also see this problem. Went into Twins Foothills, got a bunch of bandits to surround me, cast the song/spell, no one took damage.

6. MasterMantis

MasterMantis Avatar

tested today in "upper fortus" zone
    tested on bears, wolves, kobolds(merely unaffected), humans around a small area.

results:

- if u cast the spell then got over the mob (targeted or not) it does nothing..
    - if u target the mob then cast far and go near him it does nothing..

-if u target the mob, start cast on his feets, pray about don't get interrupted while casting for 11 secs at my lvl u will see sometimes the "ice field" icon ticking on it and taking nice dmges..it does not influence more then one mob , sometimes when u switch target fast in the first seconds of cast u may be able to kill 2 with that..
    if they go out ur sing area then come back in they do not take any dmg..

well..this skill is a real messup and for sure does not worth 15 sec casting time
    it would be nice to know how u intended it originally..reading the tooltip we suppose to have ad aoe dot dmg that tick physical dmg nearby

let us know =)

tnx in advance for help and cooperation, sry for bad english
    cheers

7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

What happens is that the song stays in the area where it was at when you started to activate the skill. That's why if you cast it on a training dummy it continues to work. You can activating it and then dragging mobs to the spot where you started casting. (although it's kind of tricky since you can't see where that is)

The speed/haste buff works the same way. The source buff just drops and doesn't go with you. You can drop it on the ground and run back to it to see.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I tried it again Laz based on your feedback above, but Atonal Aria did absolutely nothing and I tried it on the zombie platform in Tartarus where there were ample targets for it to be hitting. It did 0 damage to the entire mess (did not show up in combat log at all). So its definitely broken in some way. If it is meant to be a ground targetted effect then there needs to be a visual indicator, however, I was unable to reproduce / get it to do damage based on that premise.

Aeryk likes this.
  9. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Yeah same thing, still broken. Tested in TarterSauce with zombie room where I can kite zombies around same location and nothing. Every so often I'll get a single ticket when I first cast it on 2-3 zombies but then it just disappears and no on-going effect from it. I wasn't even getting 0 damage ticks.

10. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

04/30/2020 23:56
    Title: R77 Bard Atonal Afria bugs
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Bard - Atonal Afria
    1. The damage only apply to the area that player first cast. When you move next to an enemy standing far away, it does not receive any damage
    2. Atonal Afria gain reduce critical damage debuff without spec

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 GPU RAM: 1960
    SotA.Win.64.1192.Date.04.29.20
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01a_template/Veritas Sanctuary
    Area Display Name: Veritas Sanctuary
    Loc: (-332.1, 65.0, 304.0)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFZlcml0YXMgU2FuY3R1YXJ5fCgtMzMyLjA4NiwgNjQuOTk3LCAzMDMuOTYpfCgwLCAtMC45NjMsIDAsIC0wLjI2OSl8MTQ4Ljc1NTl8MzEuMjc4NDR8MTQuNjY3Njc=

11. Nocturnalist

Nocturnalist Avatar

1. Title: Bard Song: Atonal Aria
    2. Reproducible? YES
    3. Blocker? not blocking progression but annoying.
    4. Details: Bard Song: Atonal Aria, when casted, if a mob isn't targeted it doesn't hit anything, and then if you target a mob it kills the one mob, and doesn't hit anyone else... I'm pretty sure this isn't the intended result, if it is ignore it, but the description should be fixed if this is the case.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Just try to cast Bard Song: Atonal Aria
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only) 16GB ddr 3 1866, AMD FX 6350, rx 5500 xt 8GB gddr6, Windows 7 Pro.

Violet Ronso and Juan Solo like this.
  12. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

This skill is so horribly broken. IF I manage to get it to work, it only effects 1 target and immediately stops working if they move AT ALL.

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

06/15/2020 14:20
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Atonal Aria doesn't hit Practice Dummy
    Steps to Reproduce: Target Practice Dummy, cast Atonal Aria, wait for hours to see absolutely nothing happen.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16333
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU RAM: 1998
    SotA.Win.64.1233.Date.06.11.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Reed's Glen
    Area Display Name: Reed's Glen
    Loc: (-28.7, 68.1, 73.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJlZWQncyBHbGVufCgtMjguNzI2LCA2OC4wNjQsIDczLjAzMyl8KDAsIDAuNzUzLCAwLCAwLjY1OCl8OTcuOTczNjh8MzMuNTA3NDN8OS4yMTE1NzY=

Doesn't even give me an indication that my song missed or anything, tried being on top of the dummy, a bit further, any range, nothing works...

14. Crowquills

Crowquills Avatar

p.s.: atonal aria doesnt affect undead and most likely things without ears :p

15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Targeting issues with debuffing bard skills:

Atonal Aria - Will only hit one target that is near you when you BEGIN casting no matter how far you run away before you finish casting, it will only hit somethign int he area you were standing when you began casting

Mesmerizing melody and Psalm of stagnation - Will hit any target near you when finished casting, but will stay on those target no matter how far from you they are for the duration of the buff. Will NOT hit any new targets that come near you for the duration of the buff

All of the friendly buffs work the same way. While they are active, they will trigger on anyone who comes near and be removed if they venture too far from the source. Only the debuffs that target enemies have the above inconsistancies

16. ZODROT

ZODROT Avatar

1. Title: Atonal Aria - totem
    2. Reproducible? 100%
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details: When u cast it it's like a totem , don't follow u as it should!
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Use skill !
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only) no matter

Violet Ronso likes this.
  17. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Atonal Aria is working on every second cast when cast upon wolves.

It never works against an archery target, and it always works on a training dummy.

I like it - keep movin forward :)

18. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

skellies all the time/bears every other

is it a biped/quadriped thing?

19. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Never landed on lich archer

20. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The weird behavior is because the AoE just stays wherever you were standing when you started to cast it and is pretty small.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.