1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68231] Bard Song: Atonal Aria inconsistenct behaviors

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Scoffer, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Lazlo I tried staying stationary atop the target and had the same results.

Lazlo likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would like to bump this thread, Atonial Aria is very buggy for me, here are the issues I have with it :

1. Sometimes it will ALWAYS work on a Dummy, other times it will NEVER work on a Dummy (went in basement, placed Dummys, cast, it works, leave basement, come back, cast, doesn't work)

2. If the enemy leaves the initial AoE, even if he comes back he will not get damaged again.

3. If the enemy was not in range upon the initial cast, it will never take damage from AA.

The spell would be fine if 1. it had a larger range, 2. would stay in position (like a totem) but actually refreshed on every target re-entering its range and 3. Would work every time a target is in range.

It is impossible to cast the spell in advance, it is impossible to use it against mobs who move around even just a little, and it is impossible to use skills like Push/Pull or heck even concussive canticle (with bard spec) because you will move the mob out of the initial AoE and the damage will never proc anymore. This spell is only good if you manage to lock every single mob in a tiny area around you.

3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Tore me up in PvP. I am wondering if it aint intended for humanfolk.

4. necronut

necronut Avatar

11/09/2020 07:40
    Title: Atonal Aria does literally nothing.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Mind lock, 6 stack of Atonal Aria, standing right next to my training dummy in Beran's Reach, also standing right next to Elder Timber Wolf in Deep Ravenswood. In both cases, Atonal Aria didn't do anything.
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast Atonal Aria on any valid target, single tap, full charge, or full stack.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32699
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.1309.Date.11.06.20
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-195.7, 32.8, 5.3)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9Gb3Jlc3QwMl9UaWVyNXx8KC0xOTUuNzE1LCAzMi44MDMsIDUuMjY1KXwoMCwgMC45MTEsIDAsIDAuNDEzKXw2NjUuMjM4N3wxOC4xODE1OXw0LjEyOTk5OA==

5. necronut

necronut Avatar

Append:

Attempted to single tap and it did work. So Mind Lock a full stack doesn't work... let me try to charge it now.

6. necronut

necronut Avatar

Final append:

Only works at a level 1. Any level of Atonal Aria after that does nothing.

7. BlakeTheLinuxGuy

BlakeTheLinuxGuy Avatar

Here is the video evidence that using a one tap of the skill works while charging it does not work.

necronut likes this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'm trying to repro this using a locked glpyh, and using a 1,2,3,or 4 stack on a practice dummy in my basement is working OK.. Tested with unlocked glyphs is also working OK for me

Tested in Soltown Catacombs and it's not working properly:
    - Single stack only works on highlighted target - it doesn't do the described AOE in the description, and doesn't reliably hit multiple times.
    - Multtiple stack doesn't work consistently.. sometimes the original target will take a single hit from it, seemingly at random.

Based on the skill description, my expectation is this should work like Immolation but with no DOT and a larger radius.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  9. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68231

Violet Ronso likes this.
  10. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Hello. I am playing a brand new Tamer/Bard (can you smell the freshness?) and am having problems actually doing damage with AA and CC. I tried standing in the middle of a group of 4-6 Elves or 2-3 trolls in the Lost Vale Troll area repeatedly and it did ... nothing (other than use up lots of time). Maybe 1 hit for 10-20 at 80+ skill and 20+ spec and 40-60 passives. It did not do 0 damage since that would be recorded in the combat logs (at least it is for archery) and I did not see messages saying I was doing no damage to half a dozen enemies. It did actually knockback (at least visually) once or twice even though I saw no damage logs. I have no way of determining whether it accurately does -crit as specified nor can I figure out whether the song actually calculates targets at start time or end time (I tried standing in the middle of a crowd for the entire time but only got 1 hit on the half dozen that were around me).
    Justiciar Songbird's char stats are variable increasing but generally near or at GM all non-spec with a Nightmare summoned that reduces my Focus pool to about 350 and spec tamer/bard. Maybe I have too few fp to cast a useful AA/CC?
    Thanks.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Atonal Aria does not require focus for its damage and Concussion Canticle deals damage proportionate to your max focus, but should still deal damage with 350 focus. Atonal Aria is simply too broken to be usable and unless Chris actually fixes it, it is too inconsistent to be part of any deck IMO.

12. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Sorry but I tried both and neither appears to actually deal damage. Does CC deal damage proportional to normal max focus or current max focus (if you have a pet summoned)?

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Current Max Focus, you should usually see the Tooltip update as your max focus changes, Pets, Aetheric Feedback, and whatever temporary buff you could possibly get (Aetheric Potion? That Aether lich potion) will change the base damage from Concussive Canticle.

Atonial Aria does not have its damage modified by focus, unless it has changed, both because that isn't how it is supposed to work, but also because it simply doesn't work at all.

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I dunno if this was the skill or not @kaeshiva @Scoffer but one of the bard skills lands where you were when you Began casting it, instead of where you are when you finish

so if youre running the aoe ends up way behind you

15. Quotient

Quotient Avatar

Ditto, Atonal Aria does no damage to little pigs at 144+.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

02/27/2021 07:32
    Title: Atonal Aria doesn't do any damage to a Practice Dummy or Skeletons
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: When successfully activating the Atonal Aria and standing near a Practice Dummy, the skill is not doing any damage to the Practice Dummy. It also does not do any damage to the Awakened Undead in Solace Bridge when activated.
    Steps to Reproduce: Stand near a Practice Dummy. Activate the Atonal Aria skill. Observe no damage is stated in the chat window. Go to Solace Bridge and activate he Atonal Aria skill and stand near Awakened Undead. No damage will be done to the Awakened Undead.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1353.Date.02.26.21
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (142.8, 71.9, 99.4)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCgxNDIuODQ1LCA3MS44ODcsIDk5LjM5OSl8KDAsIDAuNDQzLCAwLCAwLjg5Nyl8NTUuNzQ4Mjl8MzIuNzA4NjV8MTQuOTgyNTQ=

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Shroud of the Avatar @catnipgames
    New patch underway to fix Atonal Aria and also a few small exploits that have apparently been around for a while. Should be out in about 3 hours.
    8:15 AM · Feb 28, 2021

Anpu likes this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is now working correctly on build 1354. This is now damaging Practice Dummy and killed all the undead and a doe in Solace Bridge.

02/28/2021 17:23
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1354.Date.02.28.21
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (144.7, 71.9, 98.8)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCgxNDQuNzEsIDcxLjg4NywgOTguNzYzKXwoMCwgLTAuNDU2LCAwLCAtMC44OSl8NTQuNTM0ODR8MjEuNjAxOTN8Ni44NTM2ODI=

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.